Emma Watson In Peter Pilotto – 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

Emma Watson brightened up the red carpet at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday evening wearing a bold, colourful look.

She opted for a Peter Pilotto Resort 2013 ensemble which featured a colour-block top with black trims and mesh detail throughout, which was paired with a structured A-line skirt with an embroidered front panel and solid back panel.

There was a time when Emma was sporting LBD after LBD (with feather accents) on the red carpet, so I’m glad she’s having more fun with flirty, colourful pieces.

Black Tom Ford sandals with cut-outs and lace-up details accessorized her look, with a halo braided hairstyle and bubblegum-pink lippie providing the finishing touches.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nina Dobrev In Versace - Atelier Versace Fall 2014 Show

Nina Dobrev In Versace – Atelier Versace Fall 2014 Show

Miley Cyrus In Emilio Pucci - 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

Miley Cyrus In Emilio Pucci – 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

24 Responses to Emma Watson In Peter Pilotto – 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

1. Christine September 7, 2012 at 04:26 #

Young, fresh and event appropriate. A bright pair of cute heels is my preference but she is too cute here!

2. Emmeline September 7, 2012 at 04:38 #

Love her shoes, hair and makeup. I can’t decide how I feel about the dress, but I do appreciate her stepping outside the box.

• Alina September 7, 2012 at 07:19 #

3. EmmaWoodhouse September 7, 2012 at 04:41 #

Hmmm…I love Emma’s style in general but I’m not sure about the dress. I wish the skirt was longer and flared like on the runway. But overall I don’t like the pattern. I do like her hair and her shoes though.

4. Carina S. September 7, 2012 at 04:46 #

I like this dress, it’s fun and appropriate.

5. Sara September 7, 2012 at 04:49 #

She looks gorgeous! LOVE IT!

6. Odette September 7, 2012 at 05:13 #

Interesting look and choice by her stylist for Emma. Emma makes an edgy dress cute.

7. Liz September 7, 2012 at 05:37 #

LOVE it! She always kills it. And although FC says she’s worn a ton of LBDs in the past, I beg to differ. She usually does wear a lot of color. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her in a simple LBD. The ones she has worn have had lace (and feathers like the FC said), but it would be interesting to see her actually wear a simple LBD. I think the color she’s probably worn the most in the past is nude/tan. Like the Ossie Clark dresss or the Christopher Kane she wore to Letterman one year.

• Lara September 7, 2012 at 12:43 #

Agreed, she definitely has not worn LBD after LBD, even though she has had a “darker” phase. She gives so much variety that I always appreciate what she wears even if I may not love it. Like this, I don’t love it, but I appreciate it.

8. Laura September 7, 2012 at 06:47 #

Young, fresh, edgy… gorgeous!

BDOTW

• Cindy September 8, 2012 at 05:06 #

Well said!

9. TL September 7, 2012 at 07:23 #

Love it! It’s cute, fun, age-appropriate and edgy!

10. Tilly September 7, 2012 at 08:18 #

I don’t know. It looks so much nicer on the model. I agree with EmmaW above that the shape of the skirt on the runway was more interesting. And I think her hair and make-up are too understated for this kind of outfit IMO.

11. Yeliz September 7, 2012 at 08:27 #

I love the dress on the model but somehow Emma can’t sell it to me. I do appreciate her effort though and I like her hair and shoes.

• Nat39 September 7, 2012 at 20:30 #

I feel the same way, she is just not selling it to me.
      But I don´t like her hair and shoes with this look, I think they are wrong here.

12. Lauren September 7, 2012 at 11:25 #

Love the dress! She looks adorable here.

13. Jones19 September 7, 2012 at 12:12 #

I can’t help but love a splash of color. She looks beautiful.

14. Martina September 7, 2012 at 13:37 #

I love it! I’m happy to see that she’s trying out colorful dresses with bold prints, she’s definitely stepping out her comfort zone and I think she’s doing a great job with them! And I’m in love with that bubble gum pink lipstick :)

15. Charlotte September 7, 2012 at 13:57 #

she looks adorable! by the way have you guys seen Emma’s covers for Glamour US & UK – October 2012 ??? it’s awesome! x

16. Felicia September 7, 2012 at 16:09 #

It’s a Geometric Disaster!!! I cannot stand this dress

17. Pam September 8, 2012 at 03:43 #

I wish she hadn’t hemmed it up like that. Not only has she ruined the border print, but it has awkwardly changed the shape of the skirt as well.

18. Miss Ham September 8, 2012 at 08:00 #

I can’t comprehend the fact that some people don’t like this dress. I think it’s flippin Amazing. I love everything about it. It manages to be crazy, unique, and edgy but in a non-tacky way. I think a lot of that has to do with Emma. She’s so classy that she makes it work and tones it down in all the right places. I think someone with a less sophisticated sense of style may have tried to wear bright, crazy shoes, heavy makeup and weird hair (faux hawk, anyone?), but its accessorized perfectly on Emma.

19. Annika September 8, 2012 at 15:09 #

Love this look! This is the best Emma has looked in quite a while. It’s event appropriate, unlike most of the other stars who were over dressed. It’s MTV, not the oscars. It’s fun and playful, and I love that she’s finally starting to wear color, at the MTV movie awards and now here

20. Christopher Teoh September 10, 2012 at 03:25 #

Wow, finally after so much disappointment for 2012 MTV VMAs, Emma Watson punch us up by looking youthful and fresh in this colourful mesh panels mini with embroidered details by Peter Pilloto!! I’m crazy about her black lace up heels which is perfectly against her colourful outfit! VMA best dressed list, count her in!!!