21.08.12

Christina Hendricks’ $23,980 Farbod Barsum ‘Isabella’ Tote

Christina Hendricks was spotted out on in West Hollywood, California, yesterday shopping on a sunny afternoon.

Wearing a classic denim shirt, black jeans, black pumps and oversized shades, you must be thinking, why the need for this post?

Well we need to discuss her one-of-a-kind Farbod Barsum ‘Isabella’ tote which cost $23,980.

I kid you not. I am still trying to locate my jaw which hit the floor when I found out the price of this bag.

While this Farbod Barsum bag was handcrafted using the finest materials, with the quality showcased through the designer’s attention I have to ask does the world need yet another overpriced handbag?

Credit: FameFlynet

Lea Michele For NYLON September 2012

Lea Michele For NYLON September 2012

Jessica Biel Loves...Fendi Bags

Jessica Biel Loves…Fendi Bags

52 Responses to Christina Hendricks’ $23,980 Farbod Barsum ‘Isabella’ Tote

1. Lauren August 21, 2012 at 17:22 #

:-o $23,980… seriously? Omg!
    I don’t even think it’s a nice bag… I’ve seen nicer on the high street.

• justme August 21, 2012 at 17:33 #

Seriously! I’ve seen nicer bags at H&M.

• Liana August 21, 2012 at 17:50 #

Way overpriced and quite ugly. How in the world is it possible to make such an overpriced bag…!

• Christine August 21, 2012 at 23:35 #

Right! That bag looks like any other bag at TJ MAXX

2. Julia August 21, 2012 at 17:25 #

And the answer to your question is NO!!

3. Sonia August 21, 2012 at 17:30 #

And it’s not even pretty. Rather go for a Hermes.

• Heidi August 21, 2012 at 23:51 #

Why? So you can get a badly stitched bag for over $30,000? I think the bag is very chic!

• Sonia August 22, 2012 at 01:18 #

I personally find a Hermes well stitched and much more appealing to the eye. That bag personifies class. I’m sure this bag is made of top quality leather (croc?) but it’s just plain ugly to me. I wouldn’t even buy it if I saw it in a high street store.

4. justme August 21, 2012 at 17:32 #

I really hope it was given to her because it is kind of ugly.

• Kelsey August 21, 2012 at 17:58 #

i agree

• Christine August 21, 2012 at 23:36 #

I hope so too.

5. robbie August 21, 2012 at 17:38 #

that much for such a ugly bag! she looks great though.

6. Anne g August 21, 2012 at 17:41 #

The bag is ugly and expensive for nothing.

7. Malinda Jane August 21, 2012 at 17:42 #

That is insane! I could never spend that much money on a handbag, and even if I did I don’t know if I would ever feel comfortable just casually carrying it around town.
    But, I guess if you can afford to buy it, you can afford to replace it if it gets damaged or stolen. Oh, to be wealthy.

8. Betty Brandenburg August 21, 2012 at 17:45 #

Obscene.

9. Odette August 21, 2012 at 18:07 #

It is not Christina Hendricks that should be called out for decadence, it is VICTORIA BECKHAM who has been spending years worths of food for starving children on her wardrobe for YEARS.

Victoria Beckham is guilty of more decadence than even the Kardashians. And Christina Hendricks.

I don’t like crocodile to begin with. I think it too easily can be tacky.

• BeatofA August 21, 2012 at 19:39 #

why on earth are you on this website then? if you can accuse victoria beckham for it then surely the same argument would be applied to every other celebrity that has been featured on here?

• Odette August 21, 2012 at 22:12 #

VB is just shameless about it, which is my beef.

I love high fashion and am for self-indulgence, but in down-to-earth moderation.

I love Victoria’s style and her line, but this is what I mean by Victoria Beckham being self-indulgent in bad taste:

I come to this site for the fashion and ideas, and because I have been loyal to FC (in various names other than my name Odette) for three years.

• Sonia August 22, 2012 at 01:21 #

Victoria Beckham mixes and matches her wardrobe unlike most celebs who only wear something once. And VB is not shameless about it. That could be said about any celebrity who chooses to buy an overpriced bag just because it is overpriced.

• Beta August 22, 2012 at 10:03 #

smeone that spends that much money on a clothing item seriously needs to do a trip to some less unfortunate areas in this world :(

• BeatofA August 22, 2012 at 17:49 #

i think that’s just what happens when you carry a birkin since it is now carried by every status seeker/social climber/ attention seeking famewhore these days.

Hermes used to be about subtle luxury and craftmanship but now its simply nothing more than an overpriced bags carried by anyone that wants to be a “somebody” with more money than taste then sense.

And i agree with that photo of VB, but ive noticed she doesnt carry her Birkins that often anymore, maybes shes growing up and becoming more grounded?

10. mm August 21, 2012 at 18:08 #

Not loving that she is matching the bag so perfectly. Refinery 29 did a piece on the rising prices of designer accessories http://www.refinery29.com/designer-accessories-expensive

11. Zissou August 21, 2012 at 18:18 #

Does that mean we have weeks of ugly blue/black combo outfits ahead of us?
    Please, no more – this one is already shocking enough.

12. bee7 August 21, 2012 at 18:21 #

this colour combination is atrocious, would have been better if it’s an all black bag

13. Jones19 August 21, 2012 at 18:37 #

That is a ridiculous price for a bag unless it’s covered in diamonds.

14. milia August 21, 2012 at 18:40 #

Does the bag hold the meaning of life?

Otherwise, I can’t fathom why anyone would spend that much on a bag that isn’t solid platinum (so you can re-sell it when you inevitably go broke).

I’m so baffled that it costs so much, like others have said – it’s not even that well-designed.

15. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) August 21, 2012 at 19:30 #

Unattractive bag, insanely priced. Really dislike how Christina dresses. Such a missed opportunity…

16. The Very Simon G August 21, 2012 at 19:43 #

I want one. Now.

It’s not even that nice, but I want one!

17. dee August 21, 2012 at 21:03 #

I don’t think the bag is that ugly but just way overpriced.

18. Hannah August 21, 2012 at 22:01 #

She should have spent that money on a new stylist.

• manja August 22, 2012 at 10:49 #

+1 that’s an excellent idea

19. Tracy L August 21, 2012 at 22:42 #

The bag is not ugly, but not gorgeous either. Paying that much for a purse is obscene.

20. Caitlin August 22, 2012 at 00:47 #

That is ridiculous. This bag costs the same amount as my entire university degree. I find it crazy that anyone could consider spending that much money on a bag. Just goes to show that “money can’t buy sense”.

I’m also not a fan of Christina’s style. She never dresses to suit her body shape, and this bag just confirms it for me – she has bad taste.

To end on a positive note, love your work FC :)

• Fashion Critic August 22, 2012 at 06:18 #

21. jay August 22, 2012 at 02:15 #

You could say the same about VB’s bags!!

22. Sandy August 22, 2012 at 05:41 #

I think it’s a pretty design. It’s just as pretty as any Chanel or Louis Vuitton bag. The price is hideous, but I think calling this bag ‘ugly’ is just dramatic. It’s not like taxpayers bought the purse. It’s nothing to get offended by, IMO.

23. Valeria August 22, 2012 at 06:35 #

Overprices goes without saying, but SO UGLY!!

24. Valeria August 22, 2012 at 06:36 #

But all LV bags are ugly, too!

25. serena August 22, 2012 at 06:40 #

Wow, $23,980? For a fraction of that amount, I can book myself a holiday to Italy, check out some great shops there and have someone handcraft me a one-of-a-kind handbag. And still have plenty left for another holiday elsewhere.

26. sa'a August 22, 2012 at 11:00 #

I have only one word,UGLY!!!I have seen nicer handbags made by local traders in my country,Nigeria.Utter waste of money!

27. Francois B August 22, 2012 at 11:56 #

I don’t think the bag is ugly, it suits her style really well! And well, it must be overpriced but you don’t know the handcrafting behind it and obviously she can afford it. This is crocodile after all, this is not basic leather. Why don’t you talk about the +30,000$ Burberry croco bags then?

28. nancy August 22, 2012 at 13:05 #

Looks like a bowling ball bag. Seriously, it is that ugly and not even good shades of the color blue. Blue and black can look great if the blue is the correct shade, but this is too light and glaring. Just awful and tacky in every way. She is just one of those people who have no idea of how to dress herself and it shows almost every time.

29. Tina August 22, 2012 at 15:38 #

This over priced uglyness just reminded my of The Tribute Patchwork Bag by Louis Vuitton

• Kaz August 25, 2012 at 08:52 #

LOL, I saw one of those at the Louis Vuitton/Marc Jacobs exhibition in Paris a few weeks ago. It was hideous! And I say that as a big fan of Marc Jacobs…

30. Ritika August 22, 2012 at 18:48 #

Ignoring the absolute lack of appeal(plain ugliness) of this bag, why is she wearing that bag with that outfit? The whole look is giving me grief.

31. emilia August 22, 2012 at 21:59 #

why so jealous? she have the right to do whatever she want to do with her money!!!!

• Fashion Critic August 22, 2012 at 22:20 #

jealous has nothing to do with it…that is quite a juvenile response.

Everyone else has put forward an intelligent view whether it be for or against the bag.

32. TeaAtTwo August 22, 2012 at 23:25 #

Almost as bad as The Row’s $40,000 backpack.

33. Amy August 22, 2012 at 23:45 #

This bag just like Hermes bags is an exemple of designers making some average goods and putting scandalous price tags on it because some reckless fashion victims will always buy as it is designer.
    The bag is okay but so not worth the price like 80% of high end goods these days.

34. EmmaWoodhouse August 24, 2012 at 15:25 #

I find the cost of the bag to be very offensive. While I love fashion, my common sense rises up to say, “IT’S JUST A BAG!!!” I think that even the most beautiful couture gowns can be overpriced. Art should be cherished (this bag is just ugly, so it doesn’t count ;)) but I feel like we need to keep in mind those who don’t have enough money for clean water! I’m glad to see that FC and most of the commentors also think that this bag is overpriced. I hope that this comment isn’t too negative!

35. c.roy August 28, 2012 at 04:45 #

at least her bowling ball fits in it nicely

36. Julie September 27, 2012 at 21:45 #

Love it. Suits her style and attitude. Beautiful bag.