28.06.12

Bella Heathcote joined fellow Aussie Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus on the red carpet for the 8th Annual Australians In Film Breakthrough Awards in Century City, California, yesterday evening.

The ‘Dark Shadows’ actress wore an Emilio Pucci Fall 2012 jumpsuit.

With beaded-neck and keyhole detail, I want to get excited about this look, but I can’t help but feel like something is missing.

A belt perhaps to cover the elastic waist, or some jewels.

Bella’s piercing blue eyes are accentuated with silvery eyeshadow as she completed her look with a simple bun and a raspberry lip colour.

Hit or miss?

Credit: PA & Getty

Salma Hayek In Altuzarra - Good Morning America

Salma Hayek In Altuzarra – Good Morning America

Lana Del Rey's Superga Sneakers And Mulberry Del Rey Bag

Lana Del Rey’s Superga Sneakers And Mulberry Del Rey Bag

22 Responses to Bella Heathcote In Emilio Pucci – 8th Annual Australians In Film Breakthrough Awards

1. Shaina June 28, 2012 at 17:32 #

Miss for me.

2. Anj June 28, 2012 at 17:32 #

This is just way too shapeless on her. If a frown could be a dress, this would be it.

• Christine June 29, 2012 at 13:49 #

LOL. Agreed. Not feeling her style choices lately!

3. Yeliz June 28, 2012 at 17:39 #

A belt is missing for sure, otherwise this look could have been a hit.

• Rebecca Z June 28, 2012 at 19:14 #

Totally agree–the girl needs some shape.

• dee June 28, 2012 at 19:21 #

4. Odette June 28, 2012 at 18:09 #

FC when I first saw Bella’s face I thought “YAY Bella’s back!” then I scrolled down and was disappointed.

Now I know how it feels to be you when you, as Fashion Critic are excited and then disappointed.

It’s like, ‘did her stylist opt out for the day?’

But FC I don’t think this dry spell will last long. I think she will go back to her stylish self.

5. CTgirl June 28, 2012 at 18:24 #

Miss.

6. Nat39 June 28, 2012 at 18:46 #

The jumpsuit is a bit too big/long for her, hanging shapelessly b/c it seems that the string connecting it to the beaded neck doesn’t provide enough support to hold it in place. The addition of belt would’ve been welcome. Very uninspiring look for Bella.

7. Marybeth June 28, 2012 at 19:05 #

That dress had a lot of potential. With a more structured bodice and waistline it could have been great. As it is, it looks like an amateur sewing project with cheap fabric.
    Miss.

8. Guen June 28, 2012 at 19:13 #

I don’t think there’s something missing in the outfit, instead is the make up that it’s ruining everything! It seems a 90s make up style…. If she wanted to keep the bang she should have kept loosing hair, maybe with waeavy style, or she should have syled a “licked” bun.
    And I would have preferred a dark red lips, not a dark pink, and a dark smooky eyes, not blue.

9. lucas June 28, 2012 at 19:23 #

hit for me. this eyes, oh god, make any look work.

10. Sharon June 28, 2012 at 20:25 #

A miss, but just by that much (indicating a tiny bit with index finger and thumb).
    A belt to cover the elastic and to give her a defined waist would have saved the look. Amazing eyes!

11. Cindy June 28, 2012 at 22:16 #

I will tell you what she’s missing, about 15 pounds. The girl could use a meal.

12. Angela June 29, 2012 at 01:41 #

This jumpsuit does nothing but conceal her figure in a shapeless slab of fabric. Belt would’ve helped, but for me, for jumpsuits, go bold and figure hugging or go home. Bella most certainly went home.

13. Rajini Aravind June 29, 2012 at 06:57 #

she’s missing some hips!

14. Alina June 29, 2012 at 07:07 #

A belt is def. missing. Also, I don’t like her makeup.

15. Maosa June 29, 2012 at 07:59 #

I cannot believe no one wrote about her hairstyle! It’s just awful, the bangs look terrible. I agree with the commenter who pointed out the makeup has the 90s feel. It does. It suits her but it’s dated. As for the outfit itself, it’s too long, she doesn’t look comfortable in it, and she needed some fun accessories to lighten it up. It’s a miss. Milla Jovovich would’ve worked it.

• Becca June 29, 2012 at 10:25 #

Totally agree. It’s the same hairstyle she always has – except this time with greasy bangs.

16. Beta June 29, 2012 at 09:04 #

love this look
    HIT

17. Jess2 June 29, 2012 at 11:31 #

This is closer to ‘hit’ for me. I like the jumpsuit and her hair and makeup is great. I agree that the look needed a bit more though, I’m leaning towards a belt and/or cuffs

18. Jackie June 30, 2012 at 03:17 #

This takes me back to the 90s and I don’t particularly like it. The hair and the eye make up can be blamed for that but the dress doesn’t help.