Menu

June 28, 2012 Premiere

Miley Cyrus In Zimmermann – 8th Annual Australians In Film Breakthrough Awards

Miley Cyrus and fiancé Liam Hemsworth (in Ermenegildo Zegna) hit the red carpet in Century City, California, last night for the 8th Annual Australians In Film Breakthrough Awards.

This is the first time the couple have attended an event together since they announced their engagement a few weeks ago.

Flashing her 3.5-carat Neil Lane sparkler, Miley honoured the event by wearing a dress by Australian brand Zimmermann.

The risqué LBD leaves me feeling like she’s wearing a dress with an open top revealing her bra, but the bralet is actually built into the dress.

Miley’s not a kid anymore and while she has been going for more demure red-carpet looks lately, I have to say this sexy LBD totally works for her.

Her hair and makeup, which are often a deal breaker, were flawless on this occasion too.

Christian Louboutin Exvota platform sandals completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen - Fox News Studios

Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen – Fox News Studios

Blake Lively In Lanvin - ABC Studios

Blake Lively In Lanvin – ABC Studios

29 Responses to Miley Cyrus In Zimmermann – 8th Annual Australians In Film Breakthrough Awards

1. Cassie July 4, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Hate this too, looks wayy too tacky.

2. Christine June 29, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

Almost a bit tacky but she looks good.

3. Vidhya June 29, 2012 at 7:15 am #

A bra, spanx skirt and a shrug is how this looks to me.. bad dress. Great makeup and hair tho. And please remove the nose ring!

4. ash June 29, 2012 at 2:57 am #

Iknow she’s not a child anymore, but at nineteen, I don’t think she still should wear something like this, pretty trashy still.

• Andrea June 29, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

Yes. Cute girl, tacky outfit. Again. Come on Miley, you can do better and we know it.

5. Giuseppi Giraffe June 29, 2012 at 1:27 am #

Hair and makeup, yes, dress no. Miley or no, that bodice just looks like a bra. It just looks like she opened up her shirt. I try to root for her, but everything she wears is baring and attention grabbing.

6. Mol June 28, 2012 at 11:06 pm #

Oh no, not the only one……

7. Parvati June 28, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

It’s not often that I like a look by Miley Cyrus, but I kinda like this one. I like her hair and make-up and I think I like the dress, although I would have preferred it if the top part didn’t look just like a bra. Maybe if it was less revealing, I would have liked it more.

8. gabis June 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm #

Really, extremely, excessively distasteful. That she is no longer a little girl, we all know that, but she doesn’t need to shove her all-grown-up-now in our throats like that. She should’ve opted for one thing at a time, a revealing bra or a bandage dress prefereably with no cleavage at all. The combination of these two plus that fugly blond hair made her look like a high class call girl. Awful. In fact, I don’t think anyone could manage to look good and not tacky or slutty on a dress like that. Wearing these type of clothes, pushing the sexy thing too hard is not the right way to show the world you have grew up. Or has she grew up to become a sexual object? She should MAYBE try to show people she’s an adult now by making quality work and not dressing like a fancy slut.

9. Hannah June 28, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

Not streetwalker and most def not starlet. Its like a dress bra if there’s something like that

10. Jeremy June 28, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

You think with her style she would be mistaken for a mid-20 girl, yet she still has the face of a 16 y/o. It’s really hard for me to enjoy this girl’s style.

11. dee June 28, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

I like the dress on her but I don’t like her as a blonde. Not digging the nose ring either.

12. Fiona-Brasil June 28, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

Miley must have a new stylist later because she has been doing things right.There are some very good Australian stylists and I think this was a thoughtful touch to wear one of them.The sandals are very cute.
    Overall,she looks flawless.

13. Joan June 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

They are such a handsome couple.

I think she looks pretty hot in this dress and I also like the short sleek hair it fits her very well.

14. Yeliz June 28, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

I never was a fan of Miley’s style, but this look totally works for her. I actually like it.
    Btw I think her engagement ring is so beautiful, I love it.

15. Linda June 28, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

This dress is sleazy to my taste so I don’t think I’d like it on anyone, not just Miley.

16. Shaina June 28, 2012 at 5:37 pm #

I’m not usually a fan of dresses like these but she wears it well. Her body looks fantastic and hair and makeup look great. I thank God everyday that she no longer wears hair extensions down to her belly button.

17. M June 28, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

She looks great! fun n flirty.. shes working the hell out of the dress…

18. Jenna June 28, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

Tacky as always.

• Nat39 June 28, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

Looks plain tacky to me as well.

• Juliana June 28, 2012 at 7:57 pm #

Here I was thinkin I was the only one finding this tacky and cheap…

19. Jess2 June 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

I am not a fan of Miley and I don’t really like many of her looks but for probably the first time ever I really love this look (feel like I shouldn’t because it does feel like a revealing bra but oh well hehe). I think her hair and makeup is fantastic!!

20. MEME June 28, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

Risque… but I like it…. Miley looks good…. engagement agrees wit’ her….

21. Anj June 28, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

I’ve always been a fan of her so I quite like this look. Not many can pull of this dress and she does it so well.

At first I wished her shoes weren’t black, but the close-up makes me fall in love with them!

22. Petra June 28, 2012 at 4:09 pm #

She does look great and healthy, but even though i’m trying to like this look, i can’t. It’s too short and tight plus it shows too much skin around the bust and that kinda looks cheap.

23. katie June 28, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

Im not a Miley fan at all but she is working this dress, her figure is amazing, she has blossomed alot

24. robbie June 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

normally she would look tarty in a dress like this but wow she actually looks good. only thing bugging me is that chain going across her chest bothers me.

25. ayuni June 28, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

I’m loving Miley with the shorter hairdo. Please dont ever to back to those ratty extensions.

• Alina June 28, 2012 at 4:32 pm #