Kristen Stewart attended a screening for ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ in Hollywood last night, sans co-star Charlize Theron.

Now this is more like it.

Finally a look that it feels like Kristen had some input into putting together.

She opted for a head-to-toe Stella McCartney look which featured classic Stella tailoring with a feminine twist.

The actress donned a Stella McCartney Fall 2012 black with a white high-collar buttoned-up shirt and a flouncy black mini skirt with matte embellishments which we’ve seen on Cameron Diaz.

She looks cool, youthful, fresh and most importantly comfortable.

Whilst I’m not a fan of those Stella McCartney black faux-croc leather pumps with a white platform, they totally work with what’s going on here.

A modern braided updo and a Melinda Maria ring completed her look.

I love this an awful lot.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Natalia Vodianova In Versace - 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Natalia Vodianova In Versace – 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Alice Eve's Antonio Berardi Patent Paneled Stretch Crepe Dress

Alice Eve’s Antonio Berardi Patent Paneled Stretch Crepe Dress

61 Comments

61 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Stella McCartney – ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ LA Screening

1. haroula May 30, 2012 at 14:47 #

she is gorgeous !! such a great outfit and in her signature style!!

2. Riley May 30, 2012 at 14:55 #

It works for her and the outfit works in general, but I am not crazy about it as it is too schoolgirl, and KStew ain’t no schoolgirl.

3. Nina May 30, 2012 at 14:55 #

Love the feel of this look, you said it best: cool, youthful, and fresh.

I really feel like she has been trying to change it up this promo tour, what with a calf length dress, some pants, and bright colors. I’ve never seen such variety in her choices before, until now. This makes me excited that she will continue this route for her next big promo tour, which i believe is the Twilight one…

4. Yeliz May 30, 2012 at 14:56 #

I love it from head-to-toe. Actually it’s one of my favorite looks from her non-floor-length-gown looks.
    I’m usually not a fan of those pumps either but they work amazingly with her look. Moreover she really looks comfortable and polished and this ensemble suits to her personal style.

This promo tour and Cannes really helped her to be more comfortable on the red carpet.

5. Christine May 30, 2012 at 14:59 #

Much better than her previous Stella McCartney look.

She looks great!

6. Emma May 30, 2012 at 15:11 #

She looks really good and comfortable! Love the hair and make up. I only have one tiny problem with this look, it wasn’t exactly a weather appropriate look.

7. Médée May 30, 2012 at 15:11 #

This is the third look in a row that I love from her. I feel so strange…

8. worksy May 30, 2012 at 15:16 #

This is an excellent runway to street adaptation.

9. asherlev1 May 30, 2012 at 15:23 #

I’m not a fan of that blazer with that skirt. And I dislike those shoes as well.

10. Henrique May 30, 2012 at 15:25 #

LOVE, love, love this look.

11. Bird May 30, 2012 at 15:27 #

Hi FC, i have followed you now fo 1 year and love your work, i wonder if you know if models like Irina shayk or Bar rafaelli gets or borrows the clothes they wear on red carpets like when they were on Cannes?

• Bird May 30, 2012 at 15:30 #

btw like kristens look but she always seems miserable on photocalls or premiers…. sorry my bad english, Im from Sweden..lol

• Fashion Critic May 30, 2012 at 15:36 #

they borrow clothes for those types of events. Thank you x

12. Susie May 30, 2012 at 15:32 #

Love this look. I think she does really well when mixing feminine and masculine (inspired) looks.

13. admmgz May 30, 2012 at 15:38 #

I love this outfit!! Kristen looks beautiful :)

14. Nat May 30, 2012 at 15:43 #

I quite like this, although I don’t like the blazer. A single breasted blazer would have been preferred, as it would have given the whole look better lines/proportions.

Overall, I think this and the red gown at Cannes are probably her best looks ever.
    It helps a lot that she did something with her hair both times.

15. Alina May 30, 2012 at 15:43 #

I don’t like it.

16. Susan May 30, 2012 at 15:46 #

FC,
    I’m not sure what the following comment means: “Now this is more like it.
    Finally a look that it feels like Kristen had some input into putting together.”

Are you referring to Cannes or London or something else?

• Fashion Critic May 30, 2012 at 16:06 #

meaning she dressed herself rather than being told what to wear

17. Hannah May 30, 2012 at 15:53 #

I like the bottom half, but the top half is too nineties & boxy looking for me. Had she worn a white tee and a slightly better fitted, less boxy blazer I could have really liked it, the hair doesn’t help, and I still think that the makeup is realyl unflattering on her.

18. Julie May 30, 2012 at 15:56 #

I used to defend this girl in your post with supportive coments at the begining ’cause I think that we all dreserve a chance, but I’m sorry, after 2 years, despite everybody’s efforts, she stills looking mediocre and there’s something in her attitude that yells a lack of interest in fashion. We are all understanding because she started from a very awful sense of style, but that shouldn’t be an excuse anymore. There are so many interesting figures in this blog that I feel like she is taking the attention out of someone that probably dreserves it more…I don’t want to sound too hard, I think she’s a nice girl and I’m talking from the respect.
    PS: amazing coverage of Cannes!!!Congratulations!

• Fashion Critic May 30, 2012 at 16:05 #

thanks Julie

• lifeisdolce May 30, 2012 at 16:20 #

agreed.

• oksana May 30, 2012 at 19:09 #

agree Julie well said

19. fromchi-town May 30, 2012 at 15:57 #

I am not liking this look too much. It looks like a glorified school uniform.

• Nat39 May 30, 2012 at 17:46 #

DITTO

20. Marybeth May 30, 2012 at 16:12 #

I like this.
    For once she’s done something with her hair that is nice in and of itself and, even more important, complements her outfit.

21. lifeisdolce May 30, 2012 at 16:19 #

i think ‘awful’ is the operative word here FC. she’s definitely occasion appropriate but i don’t think that this look plays to her best features; the blazer and skirt combo is plain unflattering on her and looks uncomfortable to wear.

yes, it’s a little quirky so i can see why she had an input into it, but i think it’s best if kristen sticks to uncomplicated looks, she can’t pull off what looks to be a lot fabric.

22. effieee May 30, 2012 at 16:20 #

This would’ve been a good look. But then I saw the shoes. They’re awful and I don’t know why celebrities keep wearing them. Hopefully they don’t become the new Tribtoos.

23. inessa May 30, 2012 at 16:24 #

I want to like this look, but the jacket is too big. It kinda ruins it for me.

24. dee May 30, 2012 at 16:26 #

This is one of her best looks. I love it from head to toe.

25. Jess2 May 30, 2012 at 16:30 #

I agree completely with all of your comments FC. It is funky and very much Kristen. I like it a lot, would love to change the shoes though.

26. ayuni May 30, 2012 at 16:36 #

I’m the same age as Kristen and this is a look that I will wear.. Minus the hair and with a more streamline blazer though.. Thumbs up from me

• oksana May 30, 2012 at 19:10 #

:D thumbs up

27. Rebecca Z May 30, 2012 at 16:39 #

I think she looks really cute and the makeup is gorgeous. A winner for me.

28. Riley F May 30, 2012 at 16:46 #

I know a lot of celebrities have stylists who go out of their way to find them an outfit that looks good but I feel like I can’t appreciate the outfit she wears (when they are good) because I get the feeling she’s been forced into wearing the outfit.
    I think that’s why I think she looks amazing in jeans, t-shirt and converse. They are clothes she has made the decision to wear.
    Also anyone to anyone who says she doesn’t smile enough or looks miserable: the girl has been travelling the globe endlessly for a long time, having to spend her days going to endless photo shoots, premieres, talk show etc. She barely has anytime to relax, I doubt any of us would have a constant smile fixed to our face if we has the schedule she has.

P.S. Am I the only one that like the shoes, their better than Maniacs or Daffodils.

• oksana May 30, 2012 at 19:12 #

shoes are very beautiful imo, i would wear them

• Bird May 30, 2012 at 19:16 #

so does other celebrities 2 but they always look like they want 2 be there…and not forcing them self 2 smile…i can not remember last time i saw her smile…

• kate September 15, 2012 at 23:34 #

That’s because people only like showing the pictures where she isn’t smiling. Google this event and you’ll find a bunch where she is, I guarantee you.

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2012 at 00:16 #

my priority are pictures of the clothes. Kristen smiling or not is not relevant to me.

I don’t see why it continues to be a topic of conversation.

29. Serena May 30, 2012 at 16:50 #

Love the look! So glad she took a different direction in her style…

30. Amy May 30, 2012 at 17:05 #

I like it. It’s simple, still chic and it looks like her

31. Leela May 30, 2012 at 17:06 #

A love for clothes and attention doesn’t always come with being an actor. I think she appears miserable because she doesn’t like either. I like the outfit it’s very her, not like you’ll ever see her in Saab… it’s just who she is.

32. EmmaWoodhouse May 30, 2012 at 17:47 #

I would have preferred the top to be a simple white t-shirt. Other than that, this look works. It works with her pose, it works with her style. I think the look is well put-together…I really like her hairstyle and the shoes work great. I’m a fan of this! :)

33. sarah May 30, 2012 at 18:04 #

Dont like. She gives off this chic librarian vibe, something is off

34. Jill May 30, 2012 at 18:13 #

she looks like Ashley Green here

• oksana May 30, 2012 at 19:15 #

yes i see it, i was thinking who does she looks like, thanks.

35. Lina May 30, 2012 at 18:39 #

Wow! I think Kristen has finally started to wear clothes for her own sake, and not for the sake of someone else. She looks like a woman now, not a teenage girl. Love it.

36. Hisadora May 30, 2012 at 18:49 #

She looks cool and stylish… We have to admit that this is the kind of look which she looks comfortable on.

37. the(un?)social butterfly May 30, 2012 at 20:36 #

That´s the first time I truly think Kristen looks good, without making any sort of concession. Other than that, I love buttoned up collars.

38. Jeremy May 30, 2012 at 22:04 #

She looks effortless and I love it. Wish she wore the hair down.

39. Jones19 May 30, 2012 at 23:22 #

She probably had some input into this. I like this look. Her makeup looks divine!

40. Tina May 31, 2012 at 00:24 #

Too much blacks and grays for my tastes – I think her colouring and expression really need strong, vibrant prints that brighten up her look. This is definitely better than a lot of her other looks, but I’m still not a bit fan of it

41. Neli May 31, 2012 at 00:26 #

Looks good!

42. Cat May 31, 2012 at 01:14 #

Now we’re talking. She has improved a whole lot we’ve got to give her that. I love it from head to toe. But I just think that her white shirt make her neck look shorter. Maybe if she lift up her chin a bit it’ll look better. But style wise, perfect. A nine from me for sure.

43. J May 31, 2012 at 01:23 #

The look seems haphazard and sloppy. And for heaven’s sake, close those legs.

44. manja May 31, 2012 at 08:29 #

love everything incl shoes but the blazer,it looks too big on her,and if in another bright color wld’ve been much more lighter and seasoon appropriate.love her face and hair here,she looks so beautfil.

45. Ola May 31, 2012 at 10:08 #

She looks like she’s going to interview for a job. Or a sad woman working in office. NO.

46. Marko_M May 31, 2012 at 10:50 #

In love with all that’s going on here. I feel she’s totally comfortable and the hair & makeup are amazing!

47. Rahel May 31, 2012 at 11:38 #

It looks exactly like her other outfit from McCartney which she wore to another event a couple weeks ago and where she looked like a schoolgirl.

I like everything on its own but it doesn’t work together. The blazer is extremely pretty but it’s too big for her. Her sleeves are again way too long.

48. Parvati May 31, 2012 at 21:49 #

I like that she did something different, but I don’t like this outfit on her. I don’t know, I get the feeling that she is uncomfortable in it. I think it’s mainly that collar that bothers me. However, I actually like these Stella McCartney pumps!