Fan Bingbing glided down the red carpet like an elegant swan whilst attending the ‘De Rouille et D’Os’ Cannes Film Festival premiere this evening.

The Asian actress wore her first Elie Saab Couture dress of this festival; one of many, I’m sure.

Her nude lace gown from the Spring 2012 collection also featured a matching cape.

This on-trend caped look was styled with dazzling Chopard jewels and an embellished Ferragamo box clutch.

The gimmick-free actress kept her hair and makeup simple on this occasion, styling her hair into a top knot and opting for a neutral lip colour.

I wasn’t crazy about yesterday’s look, but this is more like it.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Freida Pinto In Atelier Versace - ‘De Rouille et D'Os’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Freida Pinto In Atelier Versace – ‘De Rouille et D’Os’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Eva Longoria In Emilio Pucci - ‘De Rouille et D'Os’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Eva Longoria In Emilio Pucci – ‘De Rouille et D’Os’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

45 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – ‘De Rouille et D’Os’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina May 17, 2012 at 18:49 #

I agree, this is more like it.

I looove this one – it’s elegant, feminine and she pulls it off sooo gracefully.

2. Nat39 May 17, 2012 at 18:51 #

Beautiful, pure effortless grace and elegance, perfect from head to toe, the cape is actually working. Much better than her yesterday’s try-hard look.

3. dee May 17, 2012 at 18:52 #

Stunning. She looks like royalty in the gown and cape.

• Badaboum May 17, 2012 at 19:09 #

+1 My thought exactly.

• Pablo May 17, 2012 at 19:41 #

+1 She’s Cannes royalty ;)

• bas May 17, 2012 at 20:11 #

• Jess2 May 18, 2012 at 12:13 #

You are so right!! She is breathtaking in this outstanding ensemble!!

4. Matt R May 17, 2012 at 18:52 #

This is the Fan Bing Bing that I know and love. I am still holding out hope that she will wear one of my favorite Elie Saab Couture gowns from his Fall 2011 collection. She looks stunning here.

5. Yeliz May 17, 2012 at 18:55 #

Although I liked the embroidery on her gown yesterday, it can’t even compete with this look. She looks divine.

6. A. May 17, 2012 at 18:55 #

and fan bingbing is back! i agree FC, this is a much better look than what she wore yesterday. But i’d have liked to see a tad bit of color. it seems a little dull, she could have probably sported red lips? having said that, she looks beautiful as always.

7. sdf May 17, 2012 at 18:58 #

She is a real beauty

8. adda May 17, 2012 at 18:59 #

Will she rule the red carpet again?

9. dee May 17, 2012 at 19:00 #

elie saab gowns are beautiful. that being said, i am getting elie saab + fan bingbing fatigue. for the most part, it’s always the same romantic princess-y feel. yes, it’s nice but at some point it starts to become uninteresting and unmemorable. sorry

• manja May 18, 2012 at 09:58 #

+1 on everything

10. Badaboum May 17, 2012 at 19:02 #

Call me crazy but I envisioned Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge wearing this dress with the cap for a special occasion WITH the bun like Fan Bing Bing. She would have looked amazing….

I love the Fan Bing Bing in this dress too, she is flawless. Best Dress of the Week and Best dress of the Year as well. BDOTW BDOTY.
    Just Wow.

11. Rita May 17, 2012 at 19:02 #

I am in love.

12. asherlev1 May 17, 2012 at 19:04 #

Loool, I don’t like it. I really liked yesterday’s look, but this – I don’t know, the gown feels really heavy and the bun too severe. Someone twice her age could have worn that look.

13. Charlotte May 17, 2012 at 19:06 #

I love it!

14. DSI May 17, 2012 at 19:07 #

Graceful is the word that comes to my mind on seeing Fan in this beautiful Elie Saab gown!

15. Rashmi May 17, 2012 at 19:08 #

Beautiful gown.. but i am now Wow’ed by the look.. not sure if its the color or the earrings!

16. Ramsay May 17, 2012 at 19:15 #

This has so much drama! She’s gliterring from head to toe and that cape is the opposite of Gwyneth’s ford – it’s rich, intricate, regal – Gwyneth’s version is for me in league of its own- but regardless of any comparison this is very Cannes special!

17. Andreea May 17, 2012 at 19:27 #

Wow ! She is radiant !

18. Magda May 17, 2012 at 19:32 #

Most of Elie Saab dresses are gorgeous, but not that one. Maybe without that cape …

19. Tiffany May 17, 2012 at 19:38 #

gimmick-free? I don’t know. If you are going to wear a cape you better shut it down like Gwyneth or leave it home. Sadly, I don’t *get* Fan. All the princess-y, Elie Saab gowns over and over. I just get bored. I have no sense of who she is. Pretty pretty pretty all the time. bleh.

20. Sabreena May 17, 2012 at 19:40 #

BEAUTIFUL!

She looks like royalty! I had envisioned her wearing this gown…and I am so happy that she finally ended up wearing this gown.Can’t wait to see…what else she has in store for us(hoping more elie saab gowns) :D

21. fromchi-town May 17, 2012 at 19:47 #

Shes radiant. We all know fan and elie saab are magic together on the red carpet. But the thing is I expected this… So that kind of takes away from the look. But theres no doubt she is flawless.

22. Emi May 17, 2012 at 20:08 #

The gown is so beautiful that sometimes I wonder how Elie Saab can keep on designing such gorgeous dresses. But I must say that her hairstyles are often quite dated, this one included.

23. Zineb May 17, 2012 at 20:08 #

I love me some Fan Bingbing !

24. LizLemooooon May 17, 2012 at 20:11 #

FC, is it wrong that I’m getting emotional over Marion, Eva and Fan’s looks for day two of Cannes?!
    She looks stunning,from the hair to the cape just absolutely breathtaking. Wonderful wow.
    Cannes ROYALTY.

Ugh this festival has given me so much life already and it’s only day 2!

• Fashion Critic May 17, 2012 at 20:30 #

not at all

25. linda May 17, 2012 at 20:16 #

The real beauty in China!!

26. Vidhya May 17, 2012 at 20:39 #

Wow..Royalty is the right word. She looks stunning. BDOTY

27. robbie May 17, 2012 at 20:39 #

the cape is overkill, looks great on the runway but not loving it on fan, the dress and everything else is lovely.

28. Fashionmint May 17, 2012 at 21:07 #

Wohaaaaaaaa

29. Leo May 17, 2012 at 21:21 #

Fan Bingbing annoys me so much. She overdoes it most of the time, it always seems so forced. I really do not understand her sense of style.

30. Aline May 17, 2012 at 21:33 #

IMO Fan and Elie will always be the perfect combo. I really don’t mind how many times she wears an Elie Saab gown, because she always looks fantastic when she does. It’s no difference here. She looks stunning.

• Quinn May 18, 2012 at 00:27 #

I agree with you Aline. I too don’t mind how many times she wears it because she does justice to all the beautiful gown! i don’t get why people are complaining.

She looks regal here! very elegant n graceful!

31. Riley May 17, 2012 at 22:46 #

I love Fan when she is like this because Gimicky Fan is an eyeroll. I know she likes showing she isn’t a perfect doll by wearing looks that show she has a sense of humor, but the looks end up just looking humorous but not in a good way.

Gothic Fan is actually amazing because Fan treats Gothicism in a romantic way, not a Courtney Love way

Random Fan (Versace, Tanya Couture, Louis Vuitton) often is a crossever with Gimicky Fan. Random Fan can be a good thing, like with her Tanya Couture and a few of her Louis Vuitton looks, but not all of them

Gimicky Fan is an eyeroll

Empress Fan Bing Bing is PERFECTION.

32. Mia Spring May 18, 2012 at 03:11 #

I am in love in this one more than Eva Longoria’s Marchesa gown in yesterday,
    beautiful, princessly, but so ostentatious.
    btw it seems FBB will only stay about 3 days in Cannes according to her designer’s interview, so let’s just enjoy her limited appearance.

33. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2012 at 03:40 #

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE this! BDOTD, and a serious contender for BDOTW/BDOTY!!!!! I love everything about this look and I’m so excited to see her in top form. She is one of my favorite parts of Cannes :) she is always so fabulous here. This is the best I’ve seen the cape trend!
    Amazing. :)

34. Christine May 18, 2012 at 05:11 #

The Queen of Cannes :D I swear Cannes is the best red carpet. The Oscars…who?

• Riley May 18, 2012 at 13:29 #

I know! Cannes 2012 red carpet has surpassed the Oscars 2012. It’s like everyone was holding out on us until now. Obsessed with this look, BDOTY contender for me so far.

35. fanbingbingfans May 18, 2012 at 06:01 #

i love fan all my life. she is stunnig, and she is hard-working.love her!

36. d May 18, 2012 at 09:27 #

great look and the cape is totally working

this dress is not revealing at all yet it is sexy and elegant.

37. alice May 20, 2012 at 07:28 #

I found this very aging – it’s something Carla Fracci would wear.