Lily Collins In Zac Posen – ‘Mirror Mirror’ Paris Premiere

Lily Collins was in Paris this weekend to attend the Paris premiere of her new movie ‘Mirror Mirror’, held at Gaumont Capucines in France.

The actress opted to wear a Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2012 gown.

Her forest-green floral-print jacquard strapless gown featuring a corset-style bustier and a fishtail train is way too much for her to handle.

The girl is practically drowning in fabric.

This gown needed height and a more mature woman to pull it off.

For me, Lily looks like a young girl playing dress up in Mum’s closet.

The ‘Princess’ styling of this promo tour has grown tiresome very quickly. I would’ve saved this gown for someone like Christine Baranski, Viola Davis, Rachel Weisz or Julianna Margulies.

With such a dramatic looking dress, Lily kept the jewels to a minimum by just adding Cartier earrings.

Tousled waves which tumbled down her shoulders and a dark berry lip colour completed the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Get The Look: Sara Bareilles’ 2014 Grammy Awards Textured Braids

Get The Look: Sara Bareilles’ 2014 Grammy Awards Textured Braids

Rihanna In Givenchy - ‘Battleship’ Japan Photocall

Rihanna In Givenchy – ‘Battleship’ Japan Photocall

40 Responses to Lily Collins In Zac Posen – ‘Mirror Mirror’ Paris Premiere

1. Jones19 April 2, 2012 at 17:38 #

I have to disagree. She looks amazing to me and is totally pulling this off. Love it!

2. Tiffany Nicole April 2, 2012 at 17:38 #

You’re right, FC. The comparison pic with themodel photo tells the story. Cute girl, stunnig dress, but poor combination.

3. Zmia April 2, 2012 at 17:39 #

I love the dress, but I agree, someone more mature could pull that of. but she’s on good track.

• Riley April 2, 2012 at 21:09 #

I agree. I think the fabric, colors and print of the gown ages her. Having her hair pulled back could’ve helped her. I don’t think the height is that much of a problem, because tiny women can pull off these types of gowns. Her stylist should’ve chosen another gown from one of Zac’s collections of a more youthful color, fabric and print. But I think the princess nature of her promo looks are on the dart.

4. Alina April 2, 2012 at 17:39 #

I thought that she looked great, but seeing the dress on the model … WOW!

5. jo April 2, 2012 at 17:43 #

I love it on the model but on her it’s just… ‘For me, Lily looks like a young girl playing dress up in Mum’s closet.’ Well said FC.

6. Christine April 2, 2012 at 18:03 #

The model wore it better.

7. EmmaWoodhouse April 2, 2012 at 18:03 #

I prefer how much less revealing the dress is on Lily, but she is swamped by it. Lovely material…not realy a fan of the mermaid silhouette…I think she is out of her league here.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 18:05 #

“I think she is out of her league here.” – way out of her league.

8. Yeliz April 2, 2012 at 18:19 #

I agree with you FC. I just can’t understand why girls in my age want to look so mature. This dress is an exception for Lily because she normaly wears age appropriate dresses. But I am of the opinion that she should always enjoy her age.

9. CreoleLady April 2, 2012 at 18:21 #

The only petite actress I can think of who could pull this off is Christina Ricci.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 18:29 #

truth

• EmmaWoodhouse April 3, 2012 at 00:14 #

Yes, I would like to see her wear it–she does Zac Posen well! Remember the Met Gala? :)

• Fashion Critic April 3, 2012 at 06:53 #

Yes I do. I was there and saw Christina arrive in the dress

10. Malinda Jane April 2, 2012 at 18:36 #

I kind of love it. But, part of me wishes it were on Dita von Teese or Christina Ricci – two tiny ladies with that could absolutely give it life and give us GLAM!

At least Lily looks like she’s really enjoying herself here. I think that’s helping to sell it to me.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 18:45 #

ahh…yes Dita. She would’ve carried this well too.

11. stewd April 2, 2012 at 18:41 #

been a princess in mirror mirror, and dressing as a princess for the promo tour is boring boring.

12. Aline April 2, 2012 at 18:44 #

Damn! I jinxed it when I said her style was great so far. This was a big mistep :(

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2012 at 18:53 #

lol :D

13. Raquel April 2, 2012 at 18:47 #

I think it is the whole mermaid train that doesn’t work for her. Other than that, she looks stunning.

14. Ade April 2, 2012 at 19:07 #

Poor girl she’s in way over her head, someone get me Coco Rocha please.

15. Penè Lenìerè April 2, 2012 at 19:47 #

I beg to differ with all of you as i find all zac posen gowns stunning on his models and photos but never outside that.(with the exception of size zeros). It could be just me or they only fit the petites well

16. Emi April 2, 2012 at 20:04 #

“drowning in fabric”… so true. How could she walk with all that fabric around her?

17. Samantha April 2, 2012 at 21:55 #

Disagree here, I love it. I gasped in amazement when I saw it. BDOTW for me personally.

18. molly April 2, 2012 at 22:10 #

Im devastated! I loved this dress when I fist saw it and I was picturing it on someone like Gisele Bundchen. If Lily were taller and curvier this could be amazing, but as you said, she looks like she is playing dress up.

19. robbie April 2, 2012 at 23:44 #

this truly needs attitude and she isnt giving it at all. she is pretty though.

• Ahot April 3, 2012 at 13:16 #

Yes, i think attitude is the missing key to make it work. But iam not surprised. It mostly come with experience (age), & i think she´ll get there. She has potential.

20. Rory April 2, 2012 at 23:47 #

WASTE of a dress. I could so see Michelle Obama pulling this off at a state dinner. You need to be tall and you need to have presence. Shame shame shame…

21. Teresa April 3, 2012 at 00:42 #

It’s a beatiful dress, and from the knees up she looks stunning for me. I don’t understand why she would pick such a long dress if they weren’t going to tailor it for her shorter stature. I’m curious to see how she even walked in it.

22. Katharine April 3, 2012 at 04:58 #

That’s a lot of dress for anyone : I think it would work better on Lily as a long gown, without the puddling train, or taking the hem up to make a cocktail dress. Good on her for enjoying playing princess on the red carpet, though : it’s in keeping with the movie she’s promoting, and the Peter Som striped maxi had a more relaxed vibe.

23. lily April 3, 2012 at 06:03 #

As much as I love her,I have to admit she looks drowned here.. u’re always right FC.. How come u have a fantastic fashion sense like that.. share a bit for me.. lol

24. Tina April 3, 2012 at 06:06 #

I don’t know… looks a bit like evil mermaid from Little Mermaid.

25. LB April 3, 2012 at 06:08 #

Lilly’s too short. The fishtail starts above her knees. Looks ridiculous.

26. bm April 3, 2012 at 06:23 #

The dress is gorgeous. It deserve a spot in Cannes Red Carpet/MET Gala/Oscar.

27. Jazz April 3, 2012 at 07:27 #

i think she looks the best she has this whole tour. its a stunning dress. and she may not be model-y enough to wear it as it deserves but she likes perfectly nice

28. conchitabocanegrita09 April 3, 2012 at 08:22 #

Sorry, but I think Zac Posen’s design on his recent collections are awkwardly pathetic, bordering to this vintage – vogue aestheticism that is totally outmoded , outdated and terribly aging and most of all; his designs can be summed up into this one scale of perspective of Japanese inspiration that is just pure blah to me… ,most of his designs are unflattering and devastatingly “very madame” ICK!!!

29. D April 3, 2012 at 10:24 #

WOW! What a devine dress!

30. Carolina Roq April 3, 2012 at 19:30 #

This looks really bad. She has lack of bauty and talent.

31. Jess2 April 7, 2012 at 13:52 #

Gorgeous dress and a gorgeous girl but she needs a bit more height, I agree with what you said about drowning in fabric FC!

32. Æsthete par Excellence April 11, 2012 at 15:47 #

BOLD and BEAUTIFUL. What makes it so unacceptably mature? The colour?

I do not understand the alleged lack of attitude as well as ‘The girl is practically drowning in fabric.’, when, on the latter, the only excessive fabric is used for the effect of creating the octopoid base of an elegantly-cut gown.

It seems that most of the critiques are made for their own sake, doesn’t it? Well, I don’t see why you should credit the model picture, you set as étalon on the left. It looks doctored, turned into a Mannerism work, and as if the model stands on a crate.