Lynn Collins In Prabal Gurung – ‘Magic City’ New York Screening

Lynn Collins attended the screening of ‘Magic City’ at the Academy Theatre at Lighthouse International in New York City last night.

The actress wore a Prabal Gurung Fall 2011 red crepe open-neck dress with a single black strap and asymmetrical cuts.

Wearing the look without the belt and in a shorter length works for Lynn. Anything more would’ve made her look overly fussy.

I’m not crazy about the shoe choice, but this look is event appropriate and Lynn looks amazing.

Her short brunette hair was styled into a shaggy bob whilst she completed the look with a pink lip colour.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Runway To Ring The NYSE Opening Bell - Sienna Miller In Stella McCartney

Runway To Ring The NYSE Opening Bell – Sienna Miller In Stella McCartney

Elizabeth Banks In Andrew Gn - Restoration Hardware Spring 2012

Elizabeth Banks In Andrew Gn – Restoration Hardware Spring 2012

10 Responses to Lynn Collins In Prabal Gurung – ‘Magic City’ New York Screening

1. J March 23, 2012 at 10:37 #

I wish she had added a thin belt. I hate the shoes, they make her look stumpy.

2. Paddy M March 23, 2012 at 10:42 #

I saw John Carter and Lynn looked freakin incredible. This looks like that woman’s mother.

• Wong Hiao Hiao March 23, 2012 at 13:35 #

I couldn’t believe this was the hot swashbuckling princess in John Carter. What happened between then and now?

3. firien March 23, 2012 at 13:17 #

The dress on the model is so much more exciting.

4. Alina March 23, 2012 at 13:19 #

I don’t think that this dress flatters her body.

5. Louise March 23, 2012 at 14:06 #

Compared with the catwalk version, it looks like officewear – something has definitely been lost!

6. Giuseppi Giraffe March 23, 2012 at 14:31 #

agreed- i like the styling on the runway model, but I don’t think she could’ve pulled it off. it’s just the right balance of disorder and prim. somehow this dress is giving me a vivienne westwood vibe

7. Dhppy March 23, 2012 at 20:00 #

As much as I tend to like Prabal Gurung, I think the runway version is something of a mess, it’s like the designer attempted an architectural look but abandoned it at the last moment (Ann Demeulemeester would have committed). So Collins real life adaptation seems rather smart, if not all that interesting.

8. Nat39 March 23, 2012 at 23:48 #

Lynn took an edgy dress and made it work for her, there is no way she could’ve pulled off the runway version. Her look suits her womanliness and maturity while the vibrant colour, the asymmetrical cuts and the single strap detail of the dress, and the shaggy bob keep the look interesting and prevent it from being too mumsy.
    Pink lips with the red dress is my only complaint here.

9. EmmaWoodhouse March 24, 2012 at 22:53 #

Too risque on the runway and too frumpy on Lynn. A lose-lose situation…:(