29.02.12

Jennifer Lawrence For Glamour US April 2012

Glamour’s April 2012 issue ranks the 25 hottest celebs of 2012, and number one is ‘The Hunger Game’s’ leading lady and Glamour’s April cover star, Jennifer Lawrence.

The actress came to our attention during the 2011, not only for her great style on the red carpet, but also her brilliant performance as Ree in ‘Winter’s Bone’.

Hopefully we will on on the red carpet promoting ‘The Hunger Game’ soon.

Alexei Hay captured Jennifer on the cover wearing a gold Elie Tahari top with white Lucky jeans and a Jennifer Meyer bracelet.

The rest of her editorial goes from raunchy in a YSL jumpsuit to angelic in Lanvin dress with a floral wreath.

You can check out Jennifer’s full interview at Glamour.com, or check out some extracts below.

Her first thoughts about The Hunger Games being turned into a movie: “When I heard they were making the movie, I was like, ‘oh, that’s nice –they’re going to ruin another great book.’ But then I met Gary [Ross, the director], and he was unbelievable and brilliant and genius.”

On taking on the role of Katniss in The Hunger Games: “I gave myself three days. I knew from reading the books that I loved The Hunger Games. I just didn’t know if it was worth changing my life for. I’m at a peaceful place right now. The people who used to ignore me at parties, now they’re nice to me and kissing my ass. But nobody’s staked outside my house. I wanted to make sure that when I said yes, I wouldn’t regret it. And I don’t regret it. I would have said no because I was scared, and then I would have been that bitter actress telling my grandkids, ‘I’m the one that turned it down.’”

On getting in shape and dieting: “I hate saying, ‘I like exercising.’ I want to punch people who say that in the face. But it’s nice being in shape for a movie, because they basically do it all for you. It’s like, ‘Here’s your trainer. This is what you can eat.’ I don’t diet. I do exercise! But I don’t diet. You can’t work when you’re hungry, you know?”

On adjusting to her life as a famous actress: “Just recently I started letting myself eat things from the minibar. When we were kids, we would never open the minibar. A $6 Snickers bar? But the other day I was in a hotel and I was staring at a Snickers bar, and I finally just ate it. Then it was like something in me snapped. I opened all these drinks. I thought: I can do it now. Now I’m all grown-up. I can eat things from the minibar.”

Her take on life in the public eye: “In some ways, it’s a hard life, but it’s a great professional life. I’m doing what I love, and then I get months and months of rest. I have a lot of money for a 21-year-old. I can’t stand it when actors complain.”

Versace Fall 2012

Versace Fall 2012

Fergie's Rebecca Minkoff Becky Jacket

Fergie’s Rebecca Minkoff Becky Jacket

13 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence For Glamour US April 2012

1. Nat February 29, 2012 at 17:02 #

Nice interview, she sounds like a young woman with common sense and a clear head.

As for the editorial, I’m not too keen about her pose on the cover, but the jumsuit/bow photo is nice.
    I wish she will go back to the blonde hair, though. Maybe it’s just me (I really don’t like this “in the middle” colour, on anyone…just be a blonde or a brunette! :-D ), but I really think she looked much more beautiful and interesting as a blonde.

2. Juliana February 29, 2012 at 17:40 #

I think she’s absolutely adorable! Really, really likeable girl! Hope she wow us on the red carpet while promoting Hunger Games!

3. Francois B February 29, 2012 at 18:25 #

Wow she sounds determinated and she doesn’t seem to be afraid of saying things like they are! I love that :D

4. Emmeline February 29, 2012 at 18:36 #

I think she looks fantastic. Especially love the shot of her in the Lanvin. She also comes across as very down-to-earth and grateful. Refreshing change from some other people in Hollywood.

5. mm February 29, 2012 at 19:18 #

I like women who are forward when appropriate. Love the interview. The photos are okay

6. Hannah February 29, 2012 at 20:08 #

I adore her, but I miss her blonde hair so much! She doesn’t look bad with brown hair, but I just loved her when it was blonde.
    Also, she looks good in these photos, but she is drop-dead stunning and so they are a little predictable (I assume that there is some kind of hunger games thing going on here?).

7. Jones19 February 29, 2012 at 20:32 #

I like her better as a brunette! She looks so exotic. The interview is great, she’s very grounded.

8. Janet Snakehole February 29, 2012 at 21:09 #

Well, this will be the FIRST time I buy Glamour in a LONG time. Such a fan of hers and The Hunger Games.

9. Bec February 29, 2012 at 21:29 #

Cant’t wait for The Hunger Games promo tour – Jennifer is always consistent and Elizabeth Banks always takes risks, fingers crossed they can have a Rosie-style promo tour!!! :D

10. Kennedy February 29, 2012 at 22:12 #

I love her minibar comment! She seems genuinely down to earth and very sweet. Even though I wasn’t the biggest fan Winter’s Bone, I was thrilled for her nomination and I foresee great things in her future! I’m even more excited for the Silver Linings Playbook :)

11. EmmaWoodhouse March 1, 2012 at 01:53 #

I love the Lanvin dress! The other two shots (though SHE is beautiful) are too over-sexy. I wish young actresses didn’t do that all the time–they are wonderful on their own without all that stuff. However, she sounds wonderfully down to earth! Love the minibar comment :) Excited to see what she wears on her promo tour!

12. Ayesha March 1, 2012 at 12:27 #

love her!

13. Colleen March 1, 2012 at 14:39 #

Totally blown away by her performance in Winter’s Bone (if you haven’t seen it, you must!) and can’t wait to see her in Hunger Games. Lover her; she is so normal and down to earth…here’s hoping she stays that way!