Menu

June 16, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 MTV Movie And TV Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Rachel Watkins

More stars were in the mix at the 2019 MTV Movie & TV Awards on Saturday (June 15) in Santa Monica, CA.

Hunter Schafer: This Mugler Pre-Fall 2019 was like an abstract art canvas manifested in a dress. It was a refreshing reprieve from the sequins and the short minis that overtook this red carpet. I don’t love the white lace-up Malone Souliers ‘Montana’ pumps here, but I can overlook those because of the whirlwind of colour.

Mugler Pre-Fall 2019

Haley Lu Richardson: I can totally see where the actress was going with this Prabal Gurung Spring 2019 two-piece ensemble, styled with an Emm Kuo clutch. I just can’t quite get on board with the fringe-y, lace sarong that looks a bit haphazard. I think the longer crop top from the runway would have worked in the look’s favour.

Prabal Gurung Spring 2019

Tiffany Haddish: This shimmery Jonathan Simkhai frock may have been custom, but it still seemed ill-fitted in some areas with the puckered hems — that, and it just seemed like a bit too styled and pageant-glam for an event where much more fun can be had.

Sydney Sweeney: As with Tiffany, Sydney went an ultra-glam route in a Rasario black and silver gown with Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. Again, I am not sure this brand of glitz was quite the right mood for an MTV event.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Brie Larson In David Koma - 2019 MTV Movie And TV Awards

Brie Larson In David Koma – 2019 MTV Movie And TV Awards

Amanda Seyfried Makes A Return To The Red Carpet For The 2019 Shanghai Film Festival Opening Ceremony

8 Responses to 2019 MTV Movie And TV Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest June 17, 2019 at 7:22 am #

The pieced-pattern style to Hunter’s dress sparked memories in me of this style having been particular to Stella McCartney and Dior 2013 – https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2013/07/10/christian-dior-fall-2013-moscow-show/

It’s a really flattering silhouette.

2. Guest June 17, 2019 at 3:12 am #

I love the Mugler on Hunter. The shoes aren’t great but its the bad make up that stops this look from being killer.

The rest are big misses.

3. Phee phee June 17, 2019 at 12:59 am #

There is nothing on this list I like.
    I cant bypass Hunters shoes. they r just ug.
    The rest of the looks just seem dated.

• Guest June 17, 2019 at 10:54 pm #

Agreed!

4. Jess Mara June 17, 2019 at 12:43 am #

Hunter looks great and I am even on board with the lace up shoes. as for Hayley I think that even the longer top would not have saved her look.

5. OGCaroline June 16, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Hunter looks fantastic from head to toe!

6. Guest June 16, 2019 at 9:07 pm #

Other than Hunter’s dress, everything here is bad, including her shoes and all the other looks. I did not recognize Tiffany and from the fit and the puckering, I refuse to believe that dress is custom. Sydney’s look is dated and stale. I don’t know what to make of Haley’s, which seems very disjointed.

7. Guest June 16, 2019 at 9:04 pm #

I love Hunter’s dress but the shoes choice was soo wrong. Blue or yellow sandals would have worked a treat. I love the colours on the Gurung skirt but in a simple A line or pencil midi would have looked much better plus that crop top messes the proportions up. The other two looked unfashionably overdressed and dated.