Menu

June 15, 2019

Front Row @ Givenchy Mens Spring 2020 Fashion Show

On Wednesday (June 12) on a beautiful evening in Florence, Italy, Givenchy presented their Spring 2020 men’s collection at Pitti Uomo.

Darren Criss:  Having just worn Givenchy to the 2019 Tony Awards, the actor proved why he is such a good fit for the brand wearing a teal-blue suit with a kaleidoscopic print shirt which channeled a nostalgic flair, recalling the old days you listened to cassette tapes when smartphones were not yet invented.

I know cropped trousers don’t always go down so well, but when in Rome, or this case Florence, this look works.

Mena Massoud:  The actor wore Givenchy during his Aladdin promo tour, so I was also not surprised to see the actor front row at this show.

Mens flares are becoming a thing.  First we had Nicholas Hoult, now we have Mena in his Givenchy look that is screened in check plaid to deliver a classic patterned uplift.  I’m not sure how well this look will go down with the majority.  I think he just manages to pull it off.

Victor Cruz:  This Givenchy look was by far my favourite. Graphically nodding to icarus with sprays of paint to channel an abstract aesthetic, I love how the cool blue cropped Givenchy trousers balance the mesmerizing visual appeal of shirt.

Zachary Quinto:  Also opting for a graphic print shirt, the black and white piece has a lot going on with the optical-effect chain, 4G polka dots and stripe design, but the plain black trousers kept the striking visual effect in check.

Credit: Courtesy of Givenchy

Shop the look

, , , , , , , ,

Alexa Chung's Masked Entrance To The Animal Ball

Alexa Chung’s Masked Entrance To The Animal Ball

Jessica Alba & Gabrielle Union Were Halter Hunnies  For The Monte Carlo TV Festival Opening Ceremony

Jessica Alba & Gabrielle Union Were Halter Hunnies For The Monte Carlo TV Festival Opening Ceremony

9 Responses to Front Row @ Givenchy Mens Spring 2020 Fashion Show

1. Jess Mara June 16, 2019 at 10:21 am #

This is an outstanding collection of menswear. Darrens cropped trousers, the divine colour and print shirt is the best summery offering we’ve had for a while. The Icarus print shirt and pale blue trousers victors wearing is a close second.
    Loving all of these looks.

2. Phee phee June 15, 2019 at 5:53 pm #

Love Darren and Menas looks. Both catch the eye. Dont mind the flare trend.
    Victor looks wonderfully summery and breezy.
    Quinto looks like a complete dork in that outfit. Its his pants. they look like mom pants.

3. Vizual Ninja June 15, 2019 at 4:21 pm #

Darren & Victor, both are BDOTW worthy.

4. Guest June 15, 2019 at 3:47 pm #

Darren is easily my favorite here.

I dislike flared trousers on men but they really, really don’t work when you’re on the short side like Mena is. It’s a shame because he’s working that pattern.

I don’t get the boxy fit of both Victor and Zachary’s pants.

5. Jerusa04 June 15, 2019 at 11:19 am #

Victor is my favorite here, ?

6. Guest June 15, 2019 at 9:32 am #

I very much hope flares/wide bootcut don’t become a real trend. The leg cut and Mena’s hairstyle are the things putting me off because I really like the plaid. I much prefer Darren’s cropped look but I might change sneakers. I really like the other two looks with Victor’s look a fantastic summer vacation/party look (but sans chain).

7. Guest June 15, 2019 at 8:57 am #

Wow, Darren Criss is forcing me to reconsider my dislike of cropped pants in menswear. Mena’s bell bottoms are not as successful but I can’t reject them out of hand. I like Victor’s shirt but those slacks are a bridge too far. Love Quinto’s outfit but detest the hair. Nice to see all in interesting colors, prints, and silhouettes.

8. Guest June 15, 2019 at 8:33 am #

This is the most interesting menswear I’ve seen in so long

• Jerusa04 June 15, 2019 at 11:18 am #

Exaaaactly! Guys are stepping up.