Menu

07.08.17

Jennifer Lopez attends a friends wedding with A-Rod in a teal Hamel gown

Sophie Lasry and Alex Swieca invited Jennifer Lopez and A-Rod to their wedding on Sunday (August 6) at Cipriani’s Wall Street in New York.

Clearly, Ms Lopez has never heard the “never upstage the bride” rule.

But to be fair she’s never played by any rules when it comes to her any of her looks, so why start now? Especially when subtly, has never been her M.O.

So JLo did what she does best; look breath-taking in a teal Hamel fitted gown featuring a masai-style neckline.

Gold accessories including Jimmy Choo ‘Max’ platforms completed her look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Backgrid

Yang Mi's Zana Bayne Leather Harness

Yang Mi’s Zana Bayne Leather Harness

2017 Summer TCA Tour Disney ABC Television Group

2017 Summer TCA Tour Disney ABC Television Group

15 Responses to Jennifer Lopez attends a friends wedding with A-Rod in a teal Hamel gown

1. SilentVisitor August 8, 2017 at 5:15 pm #

Once again, 2 sizes too small and cheap looking. I wonder how she managed to put it on.
    Hair should be up; makeup is nice

2. Chris August 8, 2017 at 1:00 pm #

Not a fan of the design, but the main issue is how cheap looking that fabric and dress looks.

3. Alina August 8, 2017 at 12:26 pm #

This is one cheap-looking dress.

4. Kathy August 8, 2017 at 11:20 am #

There’s just too much fabric. Wearing a full-length dress to someone else’s wedding is one thing, but having a TRAIN that you have to pick up and carry for fear of stepping on it? That’s my biggest qualm here.

Also, when the neckline is the most distinctive part of your outfit, why would you not wear your hair up?

5. JHH August 7, 2017 at 11:01 pm #

Let’s be real. Jennifer Lopez is going to show up just about any bride no matter what she wears. A bride who is concerned about being shown up does not invite her to the wedding. This was a black tie affair and the dress looks great. The only things I’d change are the lipstick and the hair. I saw a clip of Ms. Lope walking into the venue and she looked amazing and the dress did not look tight.

6. olala August 7, 2017 at 9:52 pm #

Let’s be honest, if JLo is a guest at a wedding, how likely are you to look at anyone else anyway.

Sd/-
    Fan of JLo

7. Marie August 7, 2017 at 9:24 pm #

Meh. Besides it being not very event-appropriate and I always feel it’s rude to serve such an attention-seeking look to a friend’s wedding, even though it’s probably tame by jlo standards –

It also looks, to be honest, kind of cheap (fit-issues?) and dated. Like, put the deepest neckline possible on the most uninspired dress you can find and Ta-da!

I just really don’t like this. The colour is nice I guess. And her hair looks like that of a Disney Princess, but that’s nothing new.

8. Christine August 7, 2017 at 7:44 pm #

Not wedding guest attire, but Jlo don’t care lol.

A bit on the right side, but as far as JLo outfits go, this is not that bad

• Christine August 7, 2017 at 7:45 pm #

*tight* side

9. Caroline August 7, 2017 at 7:04 pm #

So dated and cheap.

10. Amy August 7, 2017 at 6:45 pm #

The dress seems a bit tight but she looks nice. very jlo

11. TeaAtTwo August 7, 2017 at 5:56 pm #

This is tame by her standards. In this picture she looks good.

12. meme August 7, 2017 at 5:51 pm #

She can’t help but look gorgeous because she is. That said, I’ve seen other pics of this dress and it’s really not working for her. The shoes are hideous.

13. Maya August 7, 2017 at 5:42 pm #

You can’t really see them in this picture but I didn’t like her shoes. Also, as always, I think what she is wearing is one size too small for her. too tight. And way too much cleavage for a wedding. I am not a big fan of visible lip liners either but that might just be a personal taste thing. Just super tacky in general in my opinion.

• meme August 7, 2017 at 5:52 pm #

I agree with you. I also think she’s going to start tinkering with her face too much.