Menu

21.06.17 Premiere

Lily James In Burberry – ‘Baby Driver’ London Premiere

Lily James was back on the red carpet for the London premiere of ‘Baby Driver’ this evening (June 21).

The English actress wore a Burberry gown in a refreshing cool-blue hue.

Having showcased a more experimental side to her style lately, Lily was back to her classic best which should please the majority.

What I strangely love about this gown are the black straps which keep the look grounded and offers up a less serious mood.

I wasn’t immediately crazy about the embroidery from a far, but the close-up tells a less aging story.

Black sandals and De Beers Aura Drop earrings rounded out a not-so-princess, not-so-experimental look.

Credit: Getty

Kristen Wiig In Tory Sport - BBC Radio One

Kristen Wiig In Tory Sport – BBC Radio One

Eiza Gonzalez In Marchesa - ‘Baby Driver’ London Premiere

Eiza Gonzalez In Marchesa – ‘Baby Driver’ London Premiere

15 Responses to Lily James In Burberry – ‘Baby Driver’ London Premiere

1. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang June 23, 2017 at 2:10 pm #

Lily James is such so beautiful, she couldn’t look more stunning if she tries. This Burberry periwinkle blue gown looks great on Lily, and I love the unexpected black ribbon sash tied at the back to provide some much needed drama. Anyway, this look reminds me of her Met gala Burberry gown with the huge black bow detail at the back, very similar to be honest yet still amaze-balls everywhere!! SLAY Lily SLAY, head to toe PERFECTION!!

2. kane June 22, 2017 at 7:56 pm #

I love this, even the black straps. It’s dreamy yet modern. A bit of an experiment, but it works for me, as do the shoes as they echo the straps of the dress.

3. May June 22, 2017 at 2:00 pm #

Beautiful dress, but I find the shoe choice very underwhelming.

4. Schoolbea June 22, 2017 at 12:03 pm #

I love this so much. This must be the most beautiful shade of blue ever. It’s a striking dress, with the embroidery, the black straps and ribbon flowing at the back, the slit (perfect here), and the black sandals… Just perfect.

5. SkirtTheIssue June 22, 2017 at 12:32 am #

I love this- it’s beautiful and modern! I was never a fan of her style in the past- to prim and polished- but I think Lily’s last few looks have been fab!

6. Pheephee June 21, 2017 at 10:38 pm #

The black is too stark with the rest of the lightness. I find it bothersome and takes away from the look somewhat.

7. Bowo June 21, 2017 at 10:36 pm #

Look from the back side… i love the black straps

• Catherine Kallon June 21, 2017 at 10:58 pm #

It’s a really beautiful dress

8. JHH June 21, 2017 at 10:34 pm #

At first, I did not like the black straps but then I saw another picture and the straps flow down the back as long ribbons and that actually looks better than the shot shown here. Despite that, I still think that a different (and lighter) color would have worked better here than the stark black which does not relate well to the blue or the embroidery.

9. anonymous as always June 21, 2017 at 10:10 pm #

Actually, I love how the black shoes compliment the black straps of the dress. She look lovely here!

10. alvarospain June 21, 2017 at 10:05 pm #

The dress is beautiful, but I can’t understand the black straps.

11. Chris June 21, 2017 at 8:23 pm #

Oh, how lovely! The color is gorgeous and the beauty look is again perfection. At first glance, I wasn’t sure about the black straps, but it’s all really growing on me, now I actually think the straps are a nice, modern twist on an otherwise pretty classic, glamourous gown and they work nicely with the shoes. A BDOTW contender imo.

• amy June 23, 2017 at 9:19 am #