Menu

May 28, 2017 Runway To Red Carpet

Fan Bingbing In Atelier Versace – 2017 Cannes Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Fan Bingbing joined fellow juror Jessica Chastain for the closing ceremony of the 2017 Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 28).

Her final look comes courtesy of Atelier Versace’s Spring 2017 collection.

Simply breath-taking and possesses plenty of charm and grace, I’m confident this is the wow moment many have been waiting for – it certainly swept me off my feet.

I love how she closed with something modern and yet true to her style.

After starting the festival with a bob, Veronica Lake waves and a collection of De Beers jewels rounded out this inch perfect final look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Zuhair Murad Couture - 2017 Cannes Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Jessica Chastain In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2017 Cannes Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Diane Kruger In Jonathan Simkhai - 2017 Cannes Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Diane Kruger In Jonathan Simkhai – 2017 Cannes Film Festival Closing Ceremony

27 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Atelier Versace – 2017 Cannes Film Festival Closing Ceremony

1. Juan June 1, 2017 at 1:19 am #

I just loved this dress so much when I saw it on the lookbook and Idk why but it doesn´t kill me on Fan. It´s a good look but I was expecting someone else to wear it.

2. from-chitown May 30, 2017 at 2:49 pm #

I love it – except that her hair is covering the detail on the dress. Otherwise its a great look – especially since this is so unexpected from her. I am glad she closed out with a bang.

3. Paula May 30, 2017 at 3:47 am #

BDOTY contender!

4. kane May 29, 2017 at 9:08 pm #

Nope, I would have hoped for a cooler, edgier, less romantic styling. I don’t think she’s right for the gown.

5. Denise May 29, 2017 at 11:22 am #

The grid detail of the gown spoils it for me. The look I remember is the red Valentino. She will not be a contender for Best Dressed of Cannes this year for me.

6. Alina May 29, 2017 at 10:03 am #

Her best look at this year’s festival. Flawless.

7. amy May 29, 2017 at 9:47 am #

the grid detail is gorgeous. I amps up the whole thing. great look

8. TinaL May 29, 2017 at 9:38 am #

Nice but she can do much better. Not feeling it.

9. Pheephee May 29, 2017 at 4:10 am #

Very beautiful. Love the hair and the dress is an interesting and surprisingly perfect choice for her. love it!

10. Crystalline May 29, 2017 at 1:57 am #

This is a perfect final look. She is still a strong contender for Cannes Red Carpet Queen.

11. Caroline May 29, 2017 at 12:59 am #

As major as this is, I don’t like the gown itself, Fan does it justice but this didn’t sweep me off my feet at all. Her Valentino won for me.

12. CreoleLady May 28, 2017 at 11:47 pm #

My compliments to the House of Versace. Love, love, love the dress, which deserved better than having her hair cover one of its most distinctive design elements.

• Nat39 May 29, 2017 at 2:52 am #

Yep, the hair on that side of the design is bothersome.

• Schoolbea May 30, 2017 at 10:41 am #

Noooo! Now I can’t unsee it, it’s so beautiful in the lookbook photo! Why…?

13. lmkw May 28, 2017 at 11:17 pm #

J’adore. One tiny thing, while her hair is lovely, I wish it were not covering the tulle fan detail on the bodice.

• JHH May 29, 2017 at 1:21 am #

14. Nat39 May 28, 2017 at 10:52 pm #

Gorgeous, although not quite as showstopping as she used to deliver – her looks weren’t just stunning, they also had a little extra something that would make them a bit more special and dramatic and separate them from other beautiful looks…, but this is more a competition with herself, b/c this is a stunning look, and she looks really beautiful with those waves.

15. Marie May 28, 2017 at 10:47 pm #

I don’t have words for how much I love this…
    One of those looks I squeals at my screen ‘omg she looks so amazing!!!’ (Only other time I really did this during the whole festival was Elle Fanning’s green Gucci gown.)

The colour looks great on her, and there is so much more life in this than in the lookbook. I was intrigued by this dress since I first saw it but feared it wouldn’t translate well on the rc, but boy WAS I WRONG!
    Also, her hair looks so beautiful here and the styling is on point.
    With these dramatic tulle-details and the full skirt, I bet it was even more mesmerizing in person.
    BODTY contender for sure.

16. TeaAtTwo May 28, 2017 at 9:28 pm #

I love the architectural tulle design. It’s probably my favourite look from her this festival.

17. EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2017 at 9:11 pm #

I was wowed by her Elie Saab and her Chris by Christopher Bu, but THIS–whoa. Probably my favorite. BDOTY contender. This is majestic. The fan detail of the skirt might be a shout-out to her surname! 🙂

18. Tina May 28, 2017 at 8:48 pm #

There’s no doubt it’s a big moment for her. However, I still expect more.
    Something’s off to be honest. The moody color, the unflattering pleats.
    She has been doing the understated dressing so carefully, even if for the finale appearance. The jury identity seems to fetter her on the red carpet.

• Nat39 May 29, 2017 at 5:31 am #

Even here it feels like she ‘s holding back, unfortunately. I’m not blown away.
      The color doesn’t seem to photograph well either.

19. Schoolbea May 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm #

Wow. I love everything about this dress. I agree it’s not as striking as Jessica’s Murad or Armani, but she looks undoubtedly gorgeous. She looks statuesque and her styling is really refined.

20. arjun May 28, 2017 at 8:02 pm #

Imagine me screaming yesss girlllll
    Finally she heard our prayers, she ended up with a big bang, she reminded us that she always managed the red carpet
    Yes princess bing, yess

21. Chris May 28, 2017 at 7:34 pm #

I love it. An unexpected choice coming from her. It’s definitely her best look so far. At the same time, I feel like I should love it more than I do. It didn’t give me that knockout ‘wow’ moment as for example Jessica’s Armani look did. Even talking just about tonight, I think I prefer Jessica’s Murad over this.

• Tenacious May 28, 2017 at 10:53 pm #

+1 I feel the same. I just don’t feel the excitement I should. But the dress is absolutely beautiful and she looks the best she’s looked all of Cannes.

22. Gobert Delphine May 28, 2017 at 7:24 pm #

Ok so she waited the final day to wow us. It was worth the wait though cause I loooooove this.