Menu

November 5, 2015 Premiere

Natalie Dormer In Ong Oaj Pairam - ‘The Hunger Games Mockingjay – Part 2’ London Premiere

After the Berlin premiere, Natalie Dormer was back on the red carpet for the UK debut of ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2,’ held at Odeon Leicester Square on Thursday (November 5) in London, England.

Launching the premiere tour with bold hues, she gravitated to a more black and white palette for her second showing.

Where this Ong Oaj Pairam asymmetrical gown lacked in bright colour, it made up for in an intriguing graphic print and a sweeping silhouette that included a long train.

However, there is such a thing as too much fabric. Here, it seems as if the skirt fully engulfed the petite star, thus decreasing its striking impact in the end.

The look was styled with Messika jewels.

Credit: Getty

Gwendoline Christie In Vivienne Westwood Couture - ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ London Premiere

Gwendoline Christie In Vivienne Westwood Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ London Premiere

Julianne Moore In Alexander McQueen - ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ London Premiere

Julianne Moore In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ London Premiere

15 Responses to Natalie Dormer In Ong Oaj Pairam – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ London Premiere

1. Bailey November 6, 2015 at 10:20 pm #

I really like this dramatic look. She always takes a risk but this time it worked. The pattern is very cool and unique and I like the edgy side of it, but the softness of the silhouette balances it out well.

2. Noemi November 6, 2015 at 11:26 am #

There’s probably too much fabric but she pulled it off. I think she looks great, the best of the cast so far.

3. Amy November 6, 2015 at 8:48 am #

This is a lot of fabric but I still love it. quite striking

4. kane November 6, 2015 at 8:40 am #

Two things that keep me from loving this: the mini strap across her collarbone and the overflowing skirt that really needed to reined in, both in length and in pattern. I really like the close up though.

5. Alina November 6, 2015 at 4:47 am #

I actually really like this. Very dramatic.

6. Phoenix November 6, 2015 at 3:19 am #

Shes drowning in fabric sadly. Its a great dress, very lovely. Just too much on her.

7. Christine November 5, 2015 at 11:25 pm #

Probably look better with a smaller belt.

8. pinksugar November 5, 2015 at 9:24 pm #

Natalie is a fairly tall girl, 5’6 or 5’7 so I don’t find her ‘petite’, which for me is why this works. I think she carries the oodles of fabric beautifully and this is a major step up from yesterday. And I agree with the comment above, other pics really show just how well she worked this gown.

Did Jena not attend this one? Haven’t seen any photos of her yet.

9. Jennifer November 5, 2015 at 9:22 pm #

This was by far my favorite look at the premier. Gorgeous, and completely striking. I think she was the best dressed as well.

• cherrysoftness November 6, 2015 at 1:36 am #

Agree. And for once, I love her hair. Even her pout has improved.

10. Caroline November 5, 2015 at 9:16 pm #

Hate the gown and the hair makes it seem even heavier.

11. Marcel November 5, 2015 at 9:04 pm #

These pictures are definitely not the best ones to show this dress. It looks much more impactant and flowy in other pictures. She looks gorgeous. I love the 3D effect of the print. Best dressed of the evening IMO.

12. Yeliz November 5, 2015 at 8:37 pm #

Gorgeous!

13. Dee November 5, 2015 at 8:33 pm #

I think she looks great. Her best look.

14. Evita November 5, 2015 at 8:32 pm #

Elizabeth showed last year that if you’re going to wear a flowy dress,that needs the wind in order to be showcased,you should wear it on the London premiere and I have to say because I watched the livestream,she looked captivating h2t!Maybe her best look ever for a Mockingjay premiere imo