Menu

May 15, 2015 Runway To Red Carpet

Portia de Rossi In Zuhair Murad Couture - The Paley Center For Media Presents An Evening With The Cast Of 'Scandal'

Portia de Rossi attended The Paley Center for Media’s special evening with the cast of ‘Scandal’ on Thursday (May 14) in New York City.

For the occasion, she wore an intriguing skirt, top and jacket look from the Zuhair Murad Fall 2014 Couture collection. Side button detailing on the long open skirt and sea-kelp esque appliqués on the white satin jacket and mesh shirt give a whole new twist to the concept of a power suit.

Portia also chose to wear some extensions on the cropped ‘do she’s been rocking, and unfortunately, I feel like this was the wrong night to do so. Such a detailed fashion look needs to be the focus, and the hair muddles up what could have been a strong look, and almost hides the popped collar.

I just know that this look is going to be quite polarizing in the comments, but I think with the right hair styling on her normally fierce pixie, she could have rocked this look enough to win anyone over.

Anna Kendrick In Peter Pilotto - The Today Show

Anna Kendrick In Peter Pilotto – The Today Show

Colin Farrell In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘The Lobster’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Colin Farrell In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Lobster’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

11 Responses to Portia de Rossi In Zuhair Murad Couture – The Paley Center For Media Presents An Evening With The Cast Of ‘Scandal’

1. Fan101 May 16, 2015 at 2:55 am #

I loved the look. I was a bit confused about her hair. I thought maybe it had grown out but that much so fast didn’t seem right. Her hair is GORGEOUS!! She should have stuck with her natural beauty. I love the fashion statement she makes with her clothes at events. They are always striking and accentuate her natural figure and beauty. My favorite ZMadrid was from the Peoples Choice. Portia has to be the most beautiful actress in Hollywood. She does it with grace!

2. gabis May 15, 2015 at 11:45 pm #

I’m sorry but with that much face procedures I couldn’t even get to her outfit.

3. Alex V May 15, 2015 at 8:28 pm #

I would’ve styled it without the top and closed the blazer. It would’ve looked more sophisticated.

4. Alina May 15, 2015 at 6:38 pm #

This is bad.

5. pinksugar May 15, 2015 at 5:34 pm #

I love the outfit. Loved it better on the runway, but Portia is totally selling it. I wouldn’t mind the longer hair had she worn it off her shoulders.

6. meme May 15, 2015 at 5:34 pm #

ZMurad clothing seems to be getting uglier. That top makes her chest look diseased.

7. natasha May 15, 2015 at 3:50 pm #

Agree about the hair but also agree that this is an intriguing look. Something in the top half needs to change but at least it’s interesting.

8. Nat39 May 15, 2015 at 2:37 pm #

Would’ve preferred a solid top for a more chic finish, it comes across as a bit overworked, and agree about the hair.

9. Marcel May 15, 2015 at 2:29 pm #

I like the skirt but the top part of this ensemble is horrid. It looked ugly on the model and looks uglier on Portia. It seems the designer was struggling to show something different. It looks forced. No.

10. Christine May 15, 2015 at 2:29 pm #

This is awful. So so awful

11. Yeliz May 15, 2015 at 2:28 pm #

None of this works, imo. And it’s a bit too much for the occasion anyway.