Menu

October 3, 2014 Runway To Red Carpet, Screening

Anna Gunn In Marchesa – ‘Gracepoint’ LA Screening

Anna Gunn In Marchesa - 'Gracepoint' LA Screening

Anna Gunn attended the Film Independent Screening Series of ‘Gracepoint’ held at the Bing Theatre at LACMA on Tuesday (September 30) in Los Angeles, California.

The actress wore a Marchesa Spring 2015 off-white backless silk gazar jacket over a backless white plastron paired with a black skirt hand-painted with a bluebird detail.

She styled the look with a black Rauwolf clutch and Irene Neuwirth earrings.

I have struggled with this look for some time, preferring the back over the front.

Had this look been worn without the jacket, I think it would’ve worked for me.

Does this work for you?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Taissa Farmiga In ML Monique Lhuillier  - 'The Judge' LA Premiere

Taissa Farmiga In ML Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Judge’ LA Premiere

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

10 Responses to Anna Gunn In Marchesa – ‘Gracepoint’ LA Screening

1. Julia... October 4, 2014 at 10:47 pm #

I really like the skirt, but i don’t like that weird jacket with it. A simple black top would have been so much nicer.

2. RCfashionaddict October 4, 2014 at 5:11 am #

I actually don’t mind this. It’s nice to see her try something different. Also, she looks much better with her hair back to blonde.

3. Christine October 3, 2014 at 6:28 pm #

She is not making this work

4. Lisa October 3, 2014 at 5:19 pm #

I don’t like it on the runway or on Anna. I think the skirt, which is beautiful, would have looked better with a simple black top and then remained the stand out piece.

If she wanted the jacket to be the stand out piece, then I agree with an above comment, that simple black pants would have worked.

There is too much going on with the 2 pieces.

5. anushree October 3, 2014 at 5:01 pm #

It looks botched on the top and bottom and the hair just makes it look more helpless.

6. Yeliz October 3, 2014 at 3:01 pm #

I like this on the runway, but not on her.

7. Nat39 October 3, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

I actually think that it’s the back that’s really bad – it’s like half of the top is missing. And this number is simply to twee for Anna. With a pair of sleek pants, it would’ve been a more chic look for her.

8. Sandy October 3, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

Sorry but….EWWWWWWW

9. Phoenix October 3, 2014 at 2:55 pm #

this is total no. I agree with Kane above, it falls completely limp on anna, the jacket part is so unnecessary. I also think the back was too much, and makes it even worse. This is a horrid dress, but ya, it def looks better on the runway.

10. kane October 3, 2014 at 2:43 pm #

Hm, not really a fan of this and the back isn’t make things much better for me. I find the silhouette on the runway much more intriguing and successful. It literally falls flat on Anna.