Menu

September 2, 2014

Angelina Jolie Marries Brad Pitt In Atelier Versace

Angelina Jolie Atelier Versace wedding gown

Proving that as a celebrity you can indeed lead a private life, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt finally tied the knot in secret on Saturday (August 23).

People.com and Hello Magazine hold the exclusive, but here I present the sketch of the gorgeous Atelier Versace creation designed by Donatella Versace.

The one-of-a-kind custom-made Atelier Versace white silk satin gown gathered at the bust with an elongated train was detailed with the embroidered drawings of her children, which were also reproduced on the silk veil.

It’s nice that she allowed her kids to be part of the occasion, even though it did look like doodling on her train.

She accessorized her gown wearing a pair of white Versace silk satin pumps.

Congrats to the happy couple.

Credit: Versace

Laura Whitmore In Holly Fulton - 2014 Scottish Fashion Awards

Laura Whitmore In Holly Fulton – 2014 Scottish Fashion Awards

Get The Look: Dascha Polanco’s Emmy Awards Ethereal Beauty Look

Get The Look: Dascha Polanco’s Emmy Awards Ethereal Beauty Look

35 Responses to Angelina Jolie Marries Brad Pitt In Atelier Versace

1. snowlion September 3, 2014 at 12:58 pm #

I thought it was awful in its entirety, but her style usually does nothing for me, so this was no surprise. It’s her wedding and if she loved it, then what does my opinion matter.

2. dressaddict September 3, 2014 at 8:25 am #

Not too mention the dress is not so well made. On the picture from the magazine you can see that the bottom reaches the floor only in one part, on the other part it looks shorter.

3. Peony September 3, 2014 at 8:19 am #

I’ve read so many awful, critical comments about this woman’s wedding gown. Brad and Angelina always asserted that a major motivation for getting married is their children, so in that respect her bridal look makes perfect sense to me. And what an incredibly precious family heirloom her veil will now become.

Yes, in a sense I was also ‘disappointed’ by her choice of gown. It’s quite plain, not overly ostentatious. But she’s not a clothes horse – especially in recent years – despite being one of the most beautiful women in the world. She would have looked gorgeous in a hessian sack. I would have loved to see her in some incredibly intricate, dramatic couture piece (maybe one of the Elie Saab bridal show-closers) but that was never going to happen.

4. celine September 3, 2014 at 1:12 am #

The whole point of selling the images immediately is a PR move to retain their privacy. They know either way it will be compromised some how. By offering them up immediately, it lessens the value and demand; thus taking the strain off them and the children with media.

5. Phoenix September 2, 2014 at 10:02 pm #

What a wonderful idea of the childrens drawings on the dress. From what I’ve seen of the back they actually look quite tasteful. Totally her style, and it makes me love her even more!

6. molly September 2, 2014 at 10:00 pm #

I dont care for the bust area, but aside from that, I do really like the dress even though I never would have guessed its Versace. Knowing that they had the wedding for their kids, I love the idea of incorporating their drawings into the dress but I cant help but feel that it was poorly executed. I think they would have looked much better if they used white or one solid color, I feel that it looks a bit more like they had an accident before the wedding and the kids ruined moms gown!

7. Emily September 2, 2014 at 9:29 pm #

It’s obvious that she isn’t too bothered by fashion. This wedding isn’t about fashion or making a fashion statement, it’s about her and Brad and their family. She looked beautiful and she will cherish this dress forever, and cherish the part her children had in making the wedding so personal. It’s obvious how much she adores her family, and she obviously loved the dress. Gorgeous.

8. Christine September 2, 2014 at 7:51 pm #

Very nice. I like the sweet touch of her kids drawing on the veil.

9. Yeliz September 2, 2014 at 7:29 pm #

I loved the fact that she allowed her children to be a part of her wedding gown. Not everyone would do that and I think the drawings made this gown very unique This is a stunning sketch, I bet she looked even more gorgeous in real life. Congrats to them!

10. pipsqueak September 2, 2014 at 5:55 pm #

I absolutely love it. I find most wedding dresses, weddings and engagement photos to be quite boring. Angie is unique and unconventional. So were the design of her dress/veil. The sentiments are very touching and they show how she has chosen to live her life. She gave her dress an identity. To me, that’s so much more beautiful than any designer dresses worn by celebrity bridezillas.

• pipsqueak September 2, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

Sorry … I meant to write “so was the design of her dress/veil.”

11. Tara September 2, 2014 at 5:43 pm #

I just find it tacky to sell your supposedly private wedding photos- so private that even your father was not invited and to plaster pics of your young kids all over the tabloids- and then be hypocritical and complain about the paps…at this point they are basically politicians and willing to use their kids, give up their privacy anything for popularity!

• LEA September 2, 2014 at 6:19 pm #

Her father wasn’t invited because they don’t have a relationship. At least do some research before talking.

• Lee Ann September 2, 2014 at 6:44 pm #

I believe they donated the proceeds to charity which I think uses their fame in a positive way. Having said that I read that she and her father have reconciled but who knows, they are not historical figures or have authorised biographies so what I read is probably mostly based on speculation and gossip written by rags so it’s a bit off base to be sharp with another reader for a comment.

• Stel September 2, 2014 at 8:18 pm #

I totally agree!! In eveything!

• anna September 2, 2014 at 8:27 pm #

I agree. The whole “doing it for charity” thing sounds made up to me. If they wanted to donate why didn’t they just do it straight away with their own money instead of selling “private” photos?

• meme September 2, 2014 at 9:53 pm #

I agree…it IS tacky. Celebs complain about lack of privacy and then sell photos of their private moments to the highest bidder. Brangelina need the constant admiration and attention of their fanatical fans. This is all a buildup to their Oscar campaigns. She wants Best Director and he wants Best Actor. And that dress is cheap looking.

• Mari September 3, 2014 at 10:10 pm #

I know that FC likes the comments to be mostly about fashion, but I just have to chime in with an opinion, IMO, as someone said in the responses, they are resealing pics and information with a double intention:
        -To control the actual information .You read how many lies were being printed/ posted in different sites regarding the event, the guests, etc. Too much speculation and the hits/ money were being given to the tabloids anyway.
        -By doing this, the money for the real information and lawful pictures ( product of the demand/offer) is being channeled to charity, 100% of it.

The wedding was in august and they just printed the pictures. Their war movies are months away, the award season in even further up, for a movie not yet released. Too much conspiracy theory here for a wedding, they would be criticized no matter what year or month they would choose to marry.
        The dress is very nice, IMO. it i not a sack and it suits her. I would have loved her hair down, tho.

• james September 2, 2014 at 9:55 pm #

She has never complained about the paparazzi as far as I could remember and she didn’t invite her father because he doesn’t know how to shut up and is always talking about her family matters in the media without her consent. Besides, apparently he chose to be at the Emmy’s instead of his daughter so there you have it.

12. fatima September 2, 2014 at 5:30 pm #

I think she looked gorgeous, radiating absolute happiness and peace from within. Her dress was unique and beautiful! The idea behind the veil is deeply touching and added a wonderful pop of color to her dress.

13. Nicky September 2, 2014 at 4:50 pm #

The dress itself was very boring, so I appreciate the fun veil, and the personal touch she had put in.

14. Fiona-Brasil September 2, 2014 at 4:49 pm #

Beautiful dress and a one-of-a-kind dress, perfect for her. I was surprised it was white.

• Fiona-Brasil September 2, 2014 at 9:43 pm #

I taught she would choose black or something less conservative!

15. dressaddict September 2, 2014 at 4:43 pm #

It was a beautiful dress, although quite boring and plain, but a disappointing one for me, as I thought the one and only Angelina would choose something else, not quite a fairy dress made of a shiny, usual fabric.

16. kane September 2, 2014 at 4:42 pm #

I haven’t seen enough of the veil to comment on it much aesthetically. The dress itself, especially the bodice, I find too simple (in the sense of ‘casual’) for a wedding dress not least because she always wears white (or black) anyway. But I guess it works to showcase the doodles. I would have never picked it for myself but it seems to suit her to the t and strikes me as a rather sweet idea.

17. dee September 2, 2014 at 4:41 pm #

I think it’s nice that she wanted to include her children in on the wedding dress design. As long as she is happy with her dress that’s all that matters. I thought she looked lovely.

• Lee Ann September 2, 2014 at 4:44 pm #

I agree. Let’s face it it’s not her first marriage and therefore I imagine the look and feel of the dress was more about her children than her but it’s also nice to see she has moved on from the vile of blood episode. I guess we all grow up sometime.

18. luna September 2, 2014 at 4:08 pm #

I thought the doodles looked silly/weird. But it’s her dress, she can do what she wants.

19. EmmaWoodhouse September 2, 2014 at 3:52 pm #

I thought it was a dreamy dress and veil, well-suited to her. The doodles are a very cute idea, although I’m not sure how they affect the fashion statement. I’m leaning towards liking them.

20. scarlett September 2, 2014 at 3:36 pm #

I love it. Is it what I would have got married in? No. But it’s very her, very, them. The sentiment behind the dress is beautiful. It’s also really nice to to see yet another boring strapless wedding dress. I have to say the fabric wouldn’t have been my choice but she still looks stunning.

• scarlett September 2, 2014 at 3:37 pm #

Oh and I’m sure whatever ridiculous amount of money was paid by the publications for these photos has been donated to a worthy cause, so all to the good.

• e September 2, 2014 at 5:23 pm #

+2.

• eni September 2, 2014 at 5:18 pm #

• julyol1972 September 2, 2014 at 7:24 pm #

+3 I just saw the photos on People.com and the dress was stunning – both from the from and with the unexpected back. She looked gorgeous, as did Brad and kids in the family portrait.