27.03.14 Premiere

Emma Watson In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Noah’ New York Premiere

Emma Watson In Oscar de la Renta - 'Noah' New York Premiere

Emma Watson attended the New York premiere of ‘Noah’ held at the Ziegfeld Theatre on Wednesday (March 26) in New York City.

The British actress has opted for a series of directional styles for this promo tour, but on this occasion she channelled Old Hollywood, wearing an Oscar de la Renta Fall 2014 black duchess-satin gown featuring a V-back, velvet bow and layered train.

Admittedly, my first reaction was disappointment, deeming the look too old for the young actress, but my appreciation for this look quickly grew.

An Ana Khouri yellow-gold and white-diamond ‘Jane’ ear cuff, Jennifer Meyer rings, a rose-gold Aurelie Bidermann cuff and a rose-gold Roger Vivier clutch accessorized her look.

Beauty-wise she couldn’t have looked more radiant, with a simple updo and on-trend orange lip.

Gorgeous or aging?

Credit: Getty

37 Comments
Who Wore Donna Karan Atelier Better...Naomie Harris or Norma Ruiz?

Who Wore Donna Karan Atelier Better…Naomie Harris or Norma Ruiz?

'Por un Punado de Besos' Malaga Film Festival Premiere

‘Por un Punado de Besos’ Malaga Film Festival Premiere

37 Responses to Emma Watson In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Noah’ New York Premiere

1. Charlotte March 27, 2014 at 09:29 #

I don’t like the dress.
    The cut is not right and too much fabric.

• Sleepless in Chicago March 29, 2014 at 18:21 #

Agreed. She is drowning in the abundance of fabric. Not a good look. It seems that lately she just tries too hard to impress. I wish she just relaxed and were herself.

2. Christine March 27, 2014 at 09:51 #

I like it because of the lip and clutch made it work

3. Sarah March 27, 2014 at 09:52 #

Truly not my favourite of this promo tour…

4. serapart March 27, 2014 at 09:53 #

its not the style of the dress, its the colour that ages her, I wish she opted for a brighter colour, I loved her afterparty erdem dress more, that was more like her age and style… other than that, flawless makeup and styling.

• Denise March 27, 2014 at 10:14 #

My thoughts exactly. Maybe in another colour this would have worked. As it is, no.

5. neli March 27, 2014 at 10:00 #

WOW!! Emma you are killing me!! Another Stunning look and flawless make up. Amazing job!

6. Joy March 27, 2014 at 10:31 #

Hmmm? I think my first reaction was similar. This probably isn’t something I would have picked for her, but there’s no denying how gorgeous she looks. This look really showcases her old hollywood beauty. Something about this dress takes her to another level, if that makes any sense? Simply beautiful, regal, classic, chic, and oh so elegant. BDOTW.

BTW, I don’t love this shiny satin, but Emma really sells it, so I’m buying what she’s selling!

7. Martin March 27, 2014 at 10:36 #

I am not liking this look at all. Her run was basically flawless up to this point for me, but this is a major bump in the road. Irrespective of what colour the gown was rendered in, it is just too heavy, too weighty, too contained. And having it in black just exacerbates it.

8. anjos March 27, 2014 at 10:43 #

It’s clear she’s recently going through a phase where she’s obsessed with minimalist chic. For me personally, it’s been a hit or miss. I found her Oscars dress underwhelming. Wes Gordon look was beautiful but boring imo. J.Mendel jumpsuit and Saint Laurent suit really worked for me in creating the look she seems to be after these days. But then this dress falls in the same category like Wes Gordon. Absolutely gorgeous, but doesn’t really excite me fashion wise. Tbh my fav look so far was Stella McCartney dress.

Or you know, maybe she saw this post and turned over a new leaf. lol http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2013/01/12/emma-watsons-style-is-giving-you-a-case-of-deja-vu/

9. Yeliz March 27, 2014 at 10:51 #

The gown is indeed a bit aging and I think some strappy sandals would have changed that fact. Love the rest of her styling.

10. naya March 27, 2014 at 11:11 #

I like it, it’s classy and chic, but somehow i think it would be perfect on Angelina Jolie. I don’t know whether it’s the shade, but it does kind of aging Emma

11. Alina March 27, 2014 at 11:12 #

It’s not a bad look. Actually, she looks elegant and poised; but, as far as I’m concerned, this look would have worked better at a Parisian premiere.

12. Pedro March 27, 2014 at 11:31 #

She looks fantastic!

13. Stel March 27, 2014 at 11:45 #

She lost it too! What happened?? Hair and make up though: perfection!

14. m March 27, 2014 at 11:52 #

i totally do not like it… its too aging and i think someone taller would do the frock more justice..

15. Anne March 27, 2014 at 12:10 #

I just can’t get on board with satin (which I almost just Freudian-typed as “Satan”) ball gowns. The gown itself is rather plain, though I like the back. The stand-out here is her lip color and the clutch. Otherwise, I’ll pass.

16. dee March 27, 2014 at 12:21 #

I like this look but I think it’s too much for a movie premiere with the train and all. This seems better suited for an awards ceremony.

17. Bas March 27, 2014 at 12:22 #

J’adore! I think she looks beautiful. Great styling, and beautiful dress. It may be more mature, but for me it is a classic and elegant look.

18. Serena March 27, 2014 at 12:29 #

It needed to be a different color or a different dress altogher. This looks like something a middle-aged royal woman would wear.

19. H March 27, 2014 at 13:33 #

Definitely at first is a bit a doubt but then I loved it completely. As we can see, Emma is definitely trying a lot of things and she is rocking it, for me. Besides, this girl’s youthful is so strong that is impossible for her to looked aged by this dress.

20. Betelgeuze March 27, 2014 at 13:41 #

Aging. I way preferred the Erdem she wore to the afterparty.

21. from-chitown March 27, 2014 at 13:58 #

Neck up she is looks perfect. But I dont like the dress on her. It looks too sombre and aging. Too bad, since she was having such a good run!

22. k6wing March 27, 2014 at 14:24 #

A big no no. The dress ages her, this is something Helen Mirren would be wearing.

23. kane March 27, 2014 at 14:44 #

I actually really love it.

24. Cássia March 27, 2014 at 16:01 #

Love this H2T! Imagine this dress in white, for a bride, amazing!

25. Diane March 27, 2014 at 16:18 #

This is matronly and overwhelming for her frame tbh. Had this been on someone else people would have slated it like crazy. There are obviously some extreme Emma Watson supporters on this site…

26. Nat39 March 27, 2014 at 18:27 #

Aging and stumpifying. The skirt overwhelms and shortens her, black is aging. Not the best choice for her obviously.

27. Barbara P. March 27, 2014 at 21:24 #

Adore it. Not really loved it at first but it grew on me…mainly because of the back and the acessories which make the look classic but edgy. Hair and makeup always perfection. And she seems so happy in her skin!!!

28. bexter March 27, 2014 at 22:24 #

I do think she looks as beautiful as always, but I find with such bright lips it leaves her upper lip looking quite dark in the full body photo (not just with emma, but with other actresses too)

29. eliza March 27, 2014 at 22:44 #

She looks far too short to pull it off

30. Prudence March 27, 2014 at 23:44 #

And just like that she ruined her roll! I do not like anything but the lipstick

31. Dawn March 28, 2014 at 00:22 #

She seems overdressed when compared to the others at the premiere, but I think she’s lovely in everything she wears.

32. neli March 28, 2014 at 11:19 #

FC, what you think about her after party – Erdem dress? Xx

• Catherine Kallon March 28, 2014 at 11:21 #

it was a great look. I wish she had worn it to the premiere

33. NG March 28, 2014 at 12:14 #

Another interesting look from Emma, but I don’t like it as much as previous looks.

34. Bailey October 21, 2014 at 17:13 #

Definitely aging. Her hair and makeup look great though