27.01.14

Beyonce Knowles In La Perla – 2014 Grammy Awards Performance

Beyonce Knowles In La Perla  - 2014 Grammy Awards Performance

Beyonce Knowles didn’t take to the red carpet prior to the 2014 Grammy Awards as she was the first to perform, with hubby rapper Jay-Z, onstage at the Staples Center on Sunday (January 26) in Los Angeles, California.

Managing to look super sexy without a hint of trashy (it was a performance look after all) wearing a La Perla ensemble from the ‘Cage’ Spring 2013 capsule collection, the look featured a strapless bra, briefs and a cage bustier.

This collection was first made famous by Victoria Beckham, who wore a similar bustier in the Spice Girls’ ‘Headlines’ video.

Saint Laurent fishnet tights, Jennifer Fisher earrings, and Stuart Weitzman black Swarovski-crystal custom-designed ‘Swoon’ pumps accessorized her sexy look, which also comprised sexy wet-look tresses.

La Perla 'Cage' Spring 2013 capsule collection

Credit: Getty

Paula Patton In Nicolas Jebran Couture - 2014 Grammy Awards

Paula Patton In Nicolas Jebran Couture – 2014 Grammy Awards

Madonna In Ralph Lauren - 2014 Grammy Awards Performance

Madonna In Ralph Lauren – 2014 Grammy Awards Performance

23 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In La Perla – 2014 Grammy Awards Performance

1. Charlotte January 27, 2014 at 12:55 #

I don’t like the tights and I don’t find this look really flaterring, too much is going on.

2. dianablues January 27, 2014 at 13:07 #

Perhaps not trashy from the front, but the rear view would suggest otherwise…

• mimmi January 27, 2014 at 13:10 #

So true! The thong was a bit much..

3. alvaro_spain January 27, 2014 at 13:33 #

The tights and shoes are awful!

4. Elise January 27, 2014 at 13:33 #

Not bad considering it’s on stage. Much worse it’s that tacky white dress she wore last night

5. CreoleLady January 27, 2014 at 13:49 #

The 360° view was tres trashy and stripper-esque, especially considering that her husband was fully clothed.

6. Alina January 27, 2014 at 14:03 #

I love Beyonce, but this outfit was trashy.
    I agree with CreoleLady that it was a weird choice considering the fact that Jay was wearing a suit. I get the ‘surfboard’ theme, but I think she could have chosen a better outfit (and now I am thinking at all the great pieces we’ve seen on her tour).

7. Jorge January 27, 2014 at 14:07 #

A woman in La Perla lengerie trashy? C’mon!! She’s absolutly STUNNING!!! and that perfect ass!! OMG!

8. Christine January 27, 2014 at 14:25 #

She looked so good. It was a performance after all so no comment on the back view from me.

9. SilentVisitor January 27, 2014 at 15:47 #

Perhaps one day, someone would explain to me why women need to be half-naked when performing while men do not have to be.
    Here is a perfect example: the woman is half-naked and the man is wearing a suit

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion blog) January 27, 2014 at 16:18 #

+1. I thought the contrast was a bit ridic. I dunno, call me prudish, was this all that much better than Miley twerking? It’s 8pm on prime time, network TV and all those kiddies are watching!

I was also surprised at how very thin she is…

• Regina January 27, 2014 at 16:52 #

Ah but this is 4th wave feminist Beyonce, come to enlighten us all with her gender equality theories! LOL, I totally agree with you, it’s ridiculous.

• dee January 27, 2014 at 17:12 #

I wonder the same thing.

• arang January 27, 2014 at 18:22 #

Exactly. I’ve never understood why these over-the-top sexy performance outfits are excused or even encouraged on feminist grounds (which just seems naive to me). Just because you can do something now doesn’t mean you should or that it’s tasteful when you do. Well, that’s my opinion at least.

• towanda January 27, 2014 at 20:09 #

i’m so tired of seeing swimsuit/underwear clothes on stages/on the red carpets

10. dandan January 27, 2014 at 16:43 #

i agree so much with silentvisitor – beyonce is talking all the time about women power etc. but all the things she wears are very very short and exposing and her dancing moves are strippery. i think that she is amazingly tallented, but her masseges are far from empowering women. i think it’s about time this issue will be discussed.

• roxy January 28, 2014 at 10:49 #

ITA x 1000

11. Yeliz January 27, 2014 at 19:17 #

Even though this was a stage outfit, I can’t give it a pass considering how awful the back view was.

12. Pam January 27, 2014 at 20:38 #

Looks trashy to me.

13. Saree January 28, 2014 at 01:08 #

In total agreement about the stripper-esque in contrast to a man in a suit. Blurred Lines 2.0 but then I see the Miley comment and it’s true – this is no different.

Then you have a 17 yo girl, Lorde, covered up and making it all about the music. Bey got shut down.

14. Elena January 28, 2014 at 06:57 #

You can’t really notice in these two photos, but in others you could basically see her… “mountain of Venus”. Those briefs were totally see through!

I get wanting to be sexy and attractive and whatnot, but she has nothing to prove. She’s a well established singer and there was no need for this attire. You can be sexy with clothes on!

15. Joy January 28, 2014 at 21:46 #

Wow, I was speechless when I saw this performance at 8pm on a Sunday. I am again speechless as I read through everyones comments. I couldn’t agree more with the many comments left above. I’m so glad I’m not alone in seeing this as not okay. Everywhere, everyone is going on and on about how great the performance was. I 100% agree with so many of these comments about Beyonce and her 4 generation feminism enlightening us all. Please. Her lingerie’s were definitely worse than Miley and her twerking. I watched this with my 15 year old daughter and my mouth was on the floor. How do I explain to her that this is not appropriate attire? And why do women even want to put themselves in this kind of a position. Shame on her. I definitely don’t always like Beyonce’s fashion, but I used to respect her, but after what I’ve seen lately I put her with Miley. Pass.

16. lou February 4, 2014 at 21:29 #

Well I like this outfit – I think it is fine as a stage outfit and she is quite covered up… we’ve all seen Lady Gaga wear much less than this on stage/in videos/etc.!!!