Lupita Nyong’o In Prabal Gurung – Governors Awards 2013

Lupita Nyong'o In Prabal Gurung - Governors Awards 2013

Lupita Nyong’o attended the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Governors Awards held at the Grand Ballroom of the Hollywood and Highland Center in LA yesterday evening alongside Angelina Jolie and Lea Seydoux.

In what might be her sexiest look yet, the actress wore a Prabal Gurung Resort 2014 tuxedo-inspired frock.

Her black wrap dress with white satin shawl collar, draped skirt and black satin tab detail on the hip was styled with white Christian Louboutin Batignolles python pumps, and a black Charlotte Olympia ‘Domino’ Pandora clutch which both Rachel Weisz and Diane Kruger have been spotted carrying.

While not being a fan of black or white pumps, I will happily accept white over black here, as black would’ve made the look feel so pedestrian.

That vivid violet lip is everything. She’s really inspiring me to expand my lipstick collection.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

25 thoughts on “Lupita Nyong’o In Prabal Gurung – Governors Awards 2013

1. Christine

Not really feeling the white pimps here but I prefer this over black pumps any day.

She is so stunning. Her face! Love her makeup

2. Alina

I don’t think this is doing her legs any favours. Also, I’m not a fan of the shoes.

On the other hand, her makeup is flawless.

1. KatieKate

+7. Though, she still looks beautiful. This just isn’t one of her best. That holographic purple lippie is amazing on her. Very few could pull that off with such class!!

3. Denise

I don’t like this dress on her, it is not flattering, and it is the First time I say this about her. She has worn dresses a thousand times better than this. A no from me.

4. Prian

She really could wear green lipstick and still look amazing

As for the shoes, for once, I prefer black cause theyll make her legs look longer

5. Daisy

She wears blk so well even I dislike blk color right now. However I do not fancy her legs def not the best of her assets.

6. Rebecca Z

This is a let down from her–the only one so far. the dress is a snooze and not very flattering on her. She does the cool clean lined looks so well, it is a shame to see her go for something fussy like this.

7. Nat39

This is really NOT her dress, very unflattering choice for her. The flashy solid white pumps aren’t working for me either – two-toned black and white would’ve been much nicer.

8. Larissa

The lipstick is what really makes the look here. I agree that two-toned shoes would have been a better choice.

9. julyol1972

Love everything from the waist up, and the fact that she added a few lines to her hair to bring more definition and attention to her beautiful face.

However, the closure at the hip is too wide, and cheapens the dress, on her. Lupita is gorgeous, but she needs to stick with longer dresses!

10. the ogre

I don’t think the dress is doing her any favours but I’d still vouch for her in it because her quiet confidence wins me over every time I see her on the RC. Great hair and make up once again.

11. Kathy

I get the concept behind the dress, and I hate to say this because Prabal is one of my favorite young designers, but all I’m seeing here is a fancy bathrobe. The white pumps don’t help one bit, since they draw even more attention to that terry cloth-like collar.

12. Dhppy

I love the dress, but the bottom portion does not flatter her. The top is heavenly, though. And as usual, her face is beguiling. Purple lipstick! And she sells it! This woman needs a makeup contract.