Jena Malone In Wes Gordon - 'The Wait' Deauville American Film Festival Screening

Jena Malone attended the Deauville American Film Festival screening of ‘The Wait’ in Deauville, France yesterday evening.

The indie actress wore a Wes Gordon Spring 2013 black sleeveless metallic eyelash chiffon dress featuring a high round neck, a slight racer front and tonal sheer dotted tulle inserts at the sides.

Black Saint Laurent patent-leather pumps, wavy tresses and barely there makeup styled her look.

My first thought was “why is Jena carrying a clutch and a shoulder bag?” but it turns out that the shoulder bag was actually a camera.

Overall I can’t say I am a fan of the look; as sexy as the dress could’ve been, it’s let down by some pretty lacklustre styling.

Jena normally gets it right, but I’m hugely disappointed by this effort.

You can buy Jena’s Wes Gordon metallic eyelash dress from Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Diane Kruger In Alberta Ferretti - Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner

Diane Kruger In Alberta Ferretti – Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner

Elsa Pataky In Elie Saab and Chris Hemsworth In Gucci - 'Rush' World Premiere

Elsa Pataky In Elie Saab and Chris Hemsworth In Gucci – ‘Rush’ World Premiere

8 Responses to Jena Malone In Wes Gordon – ‘The Wait’ Deauville American Film Festival Screening

1. Alina September 3, 2013 at 09:38 #

I don’t know if blonde is her colour. She needs to find a happy medium between blonde and her old dark hair colour.

With better shoes and more makeup, this could have worked.

2. kane September 3, 2013 at 11:36 #

Ahh Jena :-( There’s a fine line between sexy and mumsy for this one and it’s the thin white line between these two pictures.

3. Denise September 3, 2013 at 11:53 #

The bigger problem here is her attitude. She feels unconfortable with the sheer panels and is not working the dress at all.

• Rebecca Z September 3, 2013 at 15:55 #

I agree that she looks uncomfortable–the styling reflects her discomfort too. Frankly I think the sheer panels are tacky, so I think she should be uncomfortable! Otherwise, it is a pretty dress.

4. Yeliz September 3, 2013 at 15:39 #

I love the dress, but the styling is a snoozefest.

• dee September 3, 2013 at 16:23 #

5. Anj September 3, 2013 at 18:49 #

I’m already getting tired of the natural makeup look that’s so popular with basically EVERYONE. People have got to realize you can’t do this with every look and some faces just can’t pull it off altogether. In this case, Jena just looks completely washed out.

6. KatieKate September 4, 2013 at 06:31 #

What a letdown. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen Jena look so bad. Bad hair, bad makeup, bad dress, bad shoes, bad attitude/presence..