14.06.13

4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York Red Carpet Round Up

4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York Red Carpet Round Up

Here are the rest of the attendees who took to the red carpet at the Plaza Hotel in New York City on Thursday evening for the 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York.

Nora Zehetner: The pretty actress wore a black-hemmed ivory Calvin Klein Spring 2013 cold-shoulder mini dress, which she styled with black sandals and a gold clutch, adding a red lip colour which matched her pedicure.

Izabel Goulart: Usually one to opt for a jaw-dropping gown, the model switched things up on this occasion, donning a sharply tailored Alberta Ferretti suit sans blouse. She styled her look with a gold necklace, black pointy peep-toes and a Judith Leiber clutch.

Iman: The uber model opted for a bright-orange Valentino gown which I can’t say I’m too fond of. I don’t like the asymmetrical neckline, the brooch detail or the spillage on the skirt.

4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York Red Carpet Round Up 2

Candice Swanepoel: Showcasing a new platinum-blonde ‘do, the model opted for a sweeping custom made Theyskens’ Theory gown featuring a sequined bodice embroidered with an oversized hounds tooth print and a silk chiffon skirt, which she styled with a black clutch. Her kohl-rimmed eyes add further intrigue to this breathtaking look.

Shala Monroque: The socialite wore a unique Valentino red pleather dress with a chiffon yoke and sleeves which features the signature white collar from the Resort 2013 collection.

Jeisa Chiminazzo: Despite feeling a strong case of déjà vu upon seeing this Valentino white embroidered Spring 2013 gown on the model, I have to admit I’m not tired of seeing this stunning collection just yet.

4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York Red Carpet Round Up 3

Leigh Lezark: The DJ worked a red backless Dsquared² Pre-Fall 2013 gown with a 20s inspired ‘do and smoky eyes.

Lindsey Wixson: The model wore a black Dsquared² gown festooned with feathers and beaded embroidery.

Credit: Getty

Hair Trend Spotting: She Bangs

Hair Trend Spotting: She Bangs

Nicole Scherzinger's Paper London Sandman Jacquard Coat & Unconditional Boxy Fit Blouse

Nicole Scherzinger’s Paper London Sandman Jacquard Coat & Unconditional Boxy Fit Blouse

17 Responses to 4th Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York Red Carpet Round Up

1. Christine June 14, 2013 at 15:05 #

My favorites are Leigh Lezark, Candice and Izabel Goulart

• kS June 14, 2013 at 15:38 #

ITA

2. gabis June 14, 2013 at 15:42 #

Jeisa is my favorite. She looks stunning. And I LOVE this Valentino collection so I’m also never tired of seeing it.
    Candice looks great too apart from that disastrous hair.
    Overall I like Izabel’s look but I find her style tiresome. She can’t do sexy without a in-yer-face approach so there’s always a plunging neckline or a huge slit and there’s a point when one just can’t stand it anymore.

3. dee June 14, 2013 at 15:49 #

I like Izabel, Leigh and Lindsey’s looks.

4. Moxie June 14, 2013 at 15:53 #

Candice is my favorite, except for that hair. It looks like straw.

I’d love Lindsey’s look if it wasn’t so sheer.

5. kane June 14, 2013 at 16:10 #

Leigh’s hair (head, actually) and Candice’s dress for me.

I like Jeisa’s dress, but that unimpressed frown seems to be saying “Yeah, I don’t know, all they had left was these old rags…”

6. Nat39 June 14, 2013 at 16:31 #

I like Nora, her look is fresh, youthful, original and well styled, and Izabel – normally I’m not a fan of ‘sans blouse suits’ looks, but she is rocking it, sharp and sleek.
    Of the gown looks, Leigh Lezark is my fave, her 20s inspired styling works perfectly with the look. Jeisa’s Valentino gown is way too deja vu to get excited about it, and Candice’s bleached dry-looking hair really brings the look down.

• Nat39 June 14, 2013 at 16:45 #

On the 2nd thought, Nora’s look is a bit too young for her, it’s better suited to someone like Kiernan Shipka.

7. Pedro June 14, 2013 at 16:44 #

Candice looks AMAZING!

8. penny June 14, 2013 at 16:45 #

I love candice’s look!! It looks like she is trying to channel donatella versace, no?! the hair, makeup and everything!! I have to admit, seeing her closeup for the makeup was really beautiful! her eyes look so much more stunning!! Thank you fc for your blog!! You make my time at work so much more interesting! Plus i shared your site with my new colleagues and its amazing :D

• Catherine Kallon June 14, 2013 at 19:05 #

my pleasure…really it is :D

9. Yeliz June 14, 2013 at 16:51 #

Leigh Lezark is my favourite. Love the hairstyle. I also like Izabel Goulart and Jeisa Chiminazzo’s looks.

10. Louise June 14, 2013 at 17:10 #

Wow, Candice!! <3

11. Marybeth June 14, 2013 at 17:38 #

Head to toe, I like Izabel and Jeisa best. I guess we could call them “boring” but I think the better adjective is “classic.” Izabel goes sleek and sophisticated, Jeisa romantic and feminine —both do the job very well.

I also like Leigh, though I’m on the fence about the hair style. I might personally have preferred something more modern but I concede that it’s beautifully done. And the more I look at it, the more she’s selling me on it.

12. Prudence June 14, 2013 at 17:53 #

Leigh is wearing dsquared prefall 2013 and killing it! I also love Izabel, I love that she can work a masculine look and look sexy as hell. Iman looks beautiful in that Valentino which I am assuming must be from the archives, that color is divine! Shala’s shoes are awful, they make her feet look so long and awkward and I am so sick of those Valentino collared dresses!

• Catherine Kallon June 14, 2013 at 18:58 #

many thanks Prudence x

13. EmmaWoodhouse June 15, 2013 at 02:42 #

Candice and Leigh are the only passable ones for me.