Christina Hendricks In L’Wren Scott – ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 Premiere

Christina Hendricks In L'Wren Scott - ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 Premiere

Christina Hendricks joined co-star January Jones on the red carpet at the DGA Theater in California last night for the ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 premiere.

As always, I fought with every fibre of my being to love her look, but it just didn’t happen.

She wore a black velvet L’Wren Scott Fall 2012 dress, which isn’t a bad dress, but even without comparing her to January Jones’ summery look, this dress just feels so heavy for her.

I wish this dress had been in a lighter fabric as it does do a great job of containing the twins and flattering her curves.

Red velvet Giuseppe Zanotti pumps, a long beaded necklace and a L.K.Bennett black satin ‘Amelia’ clutch completed her look.

Thumbs up or thumbs down for this look?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

‘David Bowie Is’ Exhibition Private Viewing Red Carpet Round Up

‘David Bowie Is’ Exhibition Private Viewing Red Carpet Round Up

Kaley Cuoco In Monique Lhuillier - 21st Annual 'A Night At Sardi's' Gala

Kaley Cuoco In Monique Lhuillier – 21st Annual ‘A Night At Sardi’s’ Gala

18 Responses to Christina Hendricks In L’Wren Scott – ‘Mad Men’ Season 6 Premiere

1. Yeliz March 21, 2013 at 13:12 #

Thumbs up because for once her cleavage looks fine.

2. dee March 21, 2013 at 13:26 #

This dress doesn’t do anything for her. This is just alright.

3. Amy March 21, 2013 at 13:34 #

The dress is a disappointment. Nice shoes though

4. kerry March 21, 2013 at 13:42 #

I really like this look. I think she looks beautiful!

5. TeaAtTwo March 21, 2013 at 13:51 #

6 seasons and she still can’t get it right; it’s tragic. At least the show stylists could dress her for show related events.

• Cookie March 21, 2013 at 14:34 #

It’s really funny how none of them have thought of that so far.

6. Rebecca Z March 21, 2013 at 14:17 #

Disappointing. I agree the fabric is wrong. It would be so much better in silk. And I really dislike the shoes–they make her feet and ankles look even more pale than they are.

7. the (un?)social butterfly March 21, 2013 at 14:29 #

I’m unsure, which probably means I didn’t love it. I guess the reason why I’m on the fence is that she got it right with the hair, which rarely happens outside the screen…

8. Stacy March 21, 2013 at 15:32 #

I agree with everyone, a beautiful woman who most often looks awful, careening between either cheap or boring and heavy. Whoever styles her cannot seem to figure out what works for her. I think she needs a more tailored look to emphasize her hourglass shape and more demure necklines so the girls aren’t just falling out. But that’s just me.

9. Anj March 21, 2013 at 15:48 #

I actually really like this on her, especially the shoes. I would’ve gotten rid of those pockets on the dress though.
    It’s really hard to dress a body shape like hers. You can’t have her at the same standards as someone like Olivia Palermo for instance. Sometimes she doesn’t look great, but at the end of the day, clothes are made standardized not customized (even the expensive ones) and although a stylist will help narrow down what’ll look good, you’re probably working harder to find something and there’s bound to be a few misses. I don’t think this occasion is one of them though.

10. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) March 21, 2013 at 16:53 #

Such a gorgeous woman. As usual,dressed in an unflattering frock. Any idea who her stylist is FC?
    I don’t mean to be unkind, but I don’t ever recall seeing her look well on the Red Carpet.

11. Nat39 March 21, 2013 at 17:53 #

Another big fail for Christina, no surprises here. She looks dowdy and completely weighed down.

12. Moxie March 21, 2013 at 18:24 #

Thumbs down. The dress looks heavy on her and is hiding her figure.

13. Fiona March 21, 2013 at 23:24 #

I’ve seen her look worse – but this is still a disappointment. It makes her look older and dowdy, the shoes are a nice colour but the heel is too low.

14. Christine March 22, 2013 at 01:19 #

This is a shame. A no.

15. KC March 22, 2013 at 02:56 #

Velvet is not for the full-figured. I’ll leave it at that.

16. EmmaWoodhouse March 22, 2013 at 03:23 #

This is really awful–could be great on someone else but not on her. She has looked so lovely before, but she wears such unflattering looks–this length is especially wrong for her, as it stumpifies her. Also those shoes are all wrong for her. She needs to wear a portrait style neckline, which will frame her shoulders and draw attention above the bust. Then a nipped in waist and tailored flared or fitted skirt to the knee would work great, I think. Color shoudl be brighter too; a rich green=lovely.

17. Jess2 March 23, 2013 at 05:39 #

This is such a shame, there is nothing good about this look.