15.02.13

Front Row @ Marc Jacobs Fall 2013

Marc Jacobs Front Row

The Marc Jacobs Fall 2013 show took place on Thursday evening after being pushed back from its usual Monday slot, with a host of celebs decked out in the Spring 2013 MJ stripes.

Miley Cyrus: The singer/actress showed off her well-toned (and documented) abs wearing a cute red Mickey Mouse crop top with a pleated red-and-white striped skirt. Rocking a spiked hairdo and bright-red lip colour, she carried a black-and-white geometric-print clutch and wore simple black Jean-Michel Cazabat ‘Emma’ pumps. She was the main attraction this fashion week. Unlike some *coughs-Vanessa Hudgens-coughs* she was very polite to everyone who spoke to her.

Jessica Stam: The model hosted the pre-show event on MJTV wearing a striped three-button suit. The look has quite a conservative flair, with a bright-red tote and cute bow-front heels adding a youthful touch to the look.

Christina Ricci: The actress didn’t follow the black-top-black-bra rule and as a result the harsh flash photography exposes her nude bra under her black-and-white striped crop top, which is a shame because I love her look, which included white pumps and a black-and-white striped clutch.

Credit: Getty

Emmy Rossum In Bibhu Mohapatra & Elisabeth Moss In 3.1 Phillip Lim - Variety Emmy Studio

Emmy Rossum In Bibhu Mohapatra & Elisabeth Moss In 3.1 Phillip Lim – Variety Emmy Studio

Front Row @ Calvin Klein Fall 2013

Front Row @ Calvin Klein Fall 2013

27 Responses to Front Row @ Marc Jacobs Fall 2013

1. justme February 15, 2013 at 10:53 #

Of the 3 looks, I like Miley’s. It’s fun and she’s not wearing awfully pointy pumps.

I may not be a fan but from what I’ve seen, Miley is always a delight to people who approach her.
    I’m surprised about Vanessa though. Shameful.

2. Kiran February 15, 2013 at 11:17 #

Love Miley’s look. Instantly reminded me of a look worn by SJP as Carrie Bradshaw in an episode of Sex And The City: http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/6834/ep55carrieaidansbarmiddrl4.jpg

3. ullis February 15, 2013 at 11:25 #

oh do spill!!

4. mimmi February 15, 2013 at 12:16 #

I think Miley looks super cute and adorable!

• dee February 15, 2013 at 13:03 #

I agree.

• Christine February 16, 2013 at 03:52 #

She looks so cute.

5. AnderBoBo February 15, 2013 at 12:38 #

Love the insider dish! And yes from everything I’ve heard about Miley she is always kind and considerate. I think she looks super cute, fun and fresh here.

Really am not loving Stam’s new hair or that suit, it is very aging on her.

Exposed bra aside, I think Christina looks really hot!

6. Beta February 15, 2013 at 12:49 #

good to hear Miley’s so sweet :)
    The outfit she’s wearing here is not my favourite, but I saw in the gossipsphere a photo of her attending another show in a red jumpsuit, and I loved it. Actually im mildly obsessed with that look!

the stripes remind me of one of my favourite movie dresses: Jean Seberg in the stripped dress in breathless

7. Luiza February 15, 2013 at 14:05 #

omg vanessa wasn’t polite? this is a surprise, i met her in a party last month and she was literally so nice!

• Catherine Kallon February 15, 2013 at 18:34 #

I saw her be very rude to a journalist. If she wanted to be left alone, she shouldn’t have attended the show.

• Francois February 15, 2013 at 23:54 #

Wow, I’m falling from very high. I thought Vanessa was a kind-looking girl… What did she say? :O
        Miley looks great & I’m so disappointed by Christina, this is not in her habits to make such a mistake

• Catherine Kallon February 16, 2013 at 00:38 #

very rude and snarky

8. Noemi (WBiS) February 15, 2013 at 14:49 #

For the first time I like Miley Cyrus from head to toe, she looks very cute. It’s a pity that most of the times she opts for trashy looks. I would have totally liked Christina Ricci, but the bra ruins her look.

9. EmmaWoodhouse February 15, 2013 at 15:03 #

OK, I just have to ask–do tell, FC, about the Vanessa drama! LOL we’re all so curious!
    If Miley’s look wasn’t a crop top, it would be adorable. I think that (crop top aside) this is my favorite look from her in a while. The skirt is cute.
    Jessica’s look is rather comical and dated. I don’t like Christina’s visible bra, her crop top or her horrid shoes. Her hair looks a bit flat as well.

10. Anj February 15, 2013 at 16:10 #

Jessica Stam looks like a young Melanie Griffith here.

My fav is Miley Cyrus. She’s been rocking Fashion Week!

As much as I love Christina Ricci, I dislike everything about this look.

11. TeaAtTwo February 15, 2013 at 16:31 #

Jessica was an awful presenter, so awkward. lol
    I like all the skirts.

12. Marybeth February 15, 2013 at 16:53 #

Miley’s look is very cute — except for the ugly hair.

If Christina had worn the right bra and done something with those limp locks, I think I would have liked her look. It always amazes me how, even with a tricky ensemble like this, she can fool us into thinking she’s taller than she is.

Jessica look okay but a little “buttoned-down” for the event. (?)

I am glad to see clunky platforms fade from view but am not thrilled by all the super-pointy toes I’m seeing. Ah, well.

13. jeremyrain February 15, 2013 at 17:00 #

I still remember the time when we all think Miley Cyrus “annoying” and “dressed older than her age”. Thank God she moved on from the Disney phrase and became much edgier.

14. robbie February 15, 2013 at 17:49 #

all 3 looks are bad! but miley just looks ridiculous the girl is trying way too hard at the “edgy” and “non-disney” image.

jessica can do so much better than this old lady chic look.

• lola February 15, 2013 at 20:46 #

how is she going for a non Disney, edgy look here when shes wearing mickey mouse on her shirt. You make no sense

15. Nat39 February 15, 2013 at 18:26 #

Even with the nude bra, Christina is still my fave easily – modern, sexy and very well put-together. Miley’s look is a silly mess, and those stripes on Jessica are way too “inmate chic”.

16. lola February 15, 2013 at 20:46 #

Miley looks really cute and young.

17. Yeliz February 15, 2013 at 21:13 #

Not liking any of these looks.

18. Haley February 15, 2013 at 22:13 #

I think Miley should’ve worn a bit more eye makeup, because she was looking a little like Lance Bass. Just more eyeliner and the problem would be fixed!

19. pipsqueak February 16, 2013 at 02:57 #

I’m surprised that anyone would think much of Vanessa Hudgens. She was in some cheesy dance movies and exudes absolutely no grace or intelligence. Anyhoo … of the three, Miley looked the best. Ricci needs a wig and looks like a former fat kid who can’t stop showing off her new body, even by looking tacky (Toni Braxton and LeAnne Rimes also came to mind). Jessica Stam has the most dreamy yet empty eyes. She doesn’t age well.

20. Jess2 February 16, 2013 at 13:15 #

I absolutely despise Jessica’s and Christina’s shoes! They are not attractive. I also don’t like the belly button flash from Miley and Christina, hoping this isn’t going to be a trend.

21. Jones19 February 16, 2013 at 21:12 #

Loving the striped theme going on here. Miley looks great and although I’m not a fan it’s always nice to hear when celebs are nice.