Claire Danes In Givenchy – 2013 SAG Awards

Claire Danes In Givenchy - 2013 SAG Awards

Claire Danes showed off her post-baby body on the red carpet at the 2013 SAG Awards in a one-shouldered black and white gown.

A winner of the evening for her work in ‘Homeland’, the star’s Givenchy dress was unique thanks to its asymmetrical art deco-inspired embellishment down the side from hip to hemline. And I enjoyed the simplified geometric design of Claire’s red carpet version over the runway look.

I love that she went with a bodycon silhouette, but wish the structural draping between the body of the dress and long sleeve had been equally as snug-fitting.

To carry the dramatic look into her beauty, the actress opted for a soft, face-framing hairdo and an oxblood-hued lip.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro - '24: Live Another Day'

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro – ’24: Live Another Day’

Sophia Bush's Vince Striped Cashmere Sweater And Clare Vivier Suede Tote

Sophia Bush’s Vince Striped Cashmere Sweater And Clare Vivier Suede Tote

18 Responses to Claire Danes In Givenchy – 2013 SAG Awards

1. Lashae January 28, 2013 at 06:14 #

The dress is okay but her hair and makeup what makes this whole look terrible. Her lipstick is too dark and her hair is a mess.

2. Yeliz January 28, 2013 at 07:09 #

I think I prefer her version of this gown.

3. kane January 28, 2013 at 08:54 #

Unfortunately a no from me. The dress doesn’t fit, the “clothed” arm doesn’t really work for me either, the hair is hm-m and the make up and lip in particular are not really flattering. Sorry for being so negative.

4. Noemi (WBiS) January 28, 2013 at 10:38 #

One of the best of the night, for me. Stunning dress.

5. Luis January 28, 2013 at 11:36 #

If “the structural draping between the body of the dress and long sleeve had been equally as snug-fitting” Claire couldn’t move…

6. Moxie January 28, 2013 at 11:36 #

Not impressed. I saw her on TV and I was distracted by the dark lipstick. Not a good choice. I do like the changes she made to the dress, but it is stilly derwhelming.

7. justme January 28, 2013 at 12:07 #

I’m in the minority but I prefer the dress on the model. It makes more sense.
    Claire’s modifications result in a restrictive mess imo. Also with a dress like that, her hair should be in a slick bun, nothing else.
    The lipstick’s shade also doesn’t seem to work well with her complexion.

8. JGH January 28, 2013 at 12:10 #

Worst Dressed. Really confused how people are liking this – even her hair and makeup is a mess. Too bad, since I thought she totally killed it at the GGs.

9. Jess2 January 28, 2013 at 12:16 #

I prefer Claire’s version of the dress and while this look isn’t great I appreciate her going for a different style. I do love her colour though, it is her strong point so hopefully she goes back to that.

10. TeaAtTwo January 28, 2013 at 12:33 #

I think this one of the more interesting black look though I agree about a more fitted sleeve being better. I like the dark lip with the look.

11. dee January 28, 2013 at 13:11 #

This isn’t really working on Claire. not liking this one.

12. EmmaWoodhouse January 28, 2013 at 13:18 #

It’s not terrible, but it’s not working for me either. And the dark lip doesn’t flatter.

13. Lisa January 28, 2013 at 13:19 #

The dress is ok, but her makeup is horrible. Whoever did her makeup needs to be fired stat. she is such a natural beauty, the colors are all off.

14. Christine January 28, 2013 at 14:02 #

Love this on her!

15. gabis January 28, 2013 at 17:27 #

I was surprise to see Claire Danes on such an unflattering look. There’s nothing I like about it. The dress is too tight, the hair looks too casual and sloppy and the dark lips are just wrong.

16. Magdalena. January 28, 2013 at 20:00 #

I don’t think this dress is flattering on her. She’s not a Givenchy girl.

17. Iris January 28, 2013 at 20:05 #

The dress and styling is as boring as most of her speeches

18. Taksi January 29, 2013 at 01:43 #

I don’t get the Goth-y makeup but I’m impressed by how much she still looks like herself (circa MSCL) with it.