Angelababy In Balenciaga – 2013 Sina Weibo Awards

Angelababy In Balenciaga - 2013 Sina Weibo Awards

Angelababy joined Yao Chen and Zhang Ziyi on the red carpet for the 2013 Sina Weibo Awards Ceremony held at the China World Trade Center Tower 3 in Beijing, China on Monday evening.

The Asian actress/model wore her second look from the Balenciaga Spring 2013 collection.

Her look featured a sculptural long-sleeved top with ruffled cuffs and a ruffled peplum, which she styled with an asymmetrical skirt with a slashed cut-out at the back.

This cleavage-enhancing look was styled with Balenciaga rings, which we’ve seen on Kristen Stewart, a Cartier cuff and black Giuseppe Zanotti platform peep-toes.

I much prefer Angelababy’s first Balenciaga look. The issue I have with this look is that the skirt appears to be too long. This is the same issue Amanda Seyfried had when she wore a similar look from the same collection.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Selma Blair's Splendid Charlee Plaid Blouse

Selma Blair’s Splendid Charlee Plaid Blouse

Pre-Order Awards Season Gowns From ModaOperandi

Pre-Order Awards Season Gowns From ModaOperandi

11 Responses to Angelababy In Balenciaga – 2013 Sina Weibo Awards

1. Nat39 January 17, 2013 at 19:36 #

Agree about the length, the skirt is hanging awkwardly, should’ve been a bit shorter, and I find this look overwhelms and is wearing her instead of the other way around. Dislike the chunky heavy shoe and her earrings aren’t working here for me either. Thumbs down.

2. Yeliz January 17, 2013 at 19:58 #

I agree about the skirt, but, although I hate those shoes, I prefer her look to Zhang and Yao’s looks.

3. Christine January 17, 2013 at 20:10 #

Prefer her fist look too. This is not cutting it.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 17, 2013 at 20:51 #

I HATE the tacky plunging neckline on this, just as I did on Amanda Seyfried’s. It looks like it belongs to a pirate wench! The ruffles should be fun but they haven’t been translating well with these designs. Pair that with the awful peep-toes and this is a miss for me.

5. Anj January 17, 2013 at 21:10 #

Agree, though it’s not just too long, it’s also to big in the skirt. There needs to be less material there to counteract the extra material at her hips.

Those shoes are also pretty terrible.

6. Rebecca Z January 17, 2013 at 21:57 #

Weird, especially the slash across the back of the skirt. The top looks cute on her and I am glad the skirt is not a short as on the model, but its is all just a little too gimmicky.

7. TeaAtTwo January 18, 2013 at 01:10 #

It’s feels less edgy, more mature on Angela plus the platforms are way too bulky.

8. Rashmi January 18, 2013 at 03:47 #

I was never a fan of the collection, and this is the third time that I feel i can never come to like it :(

9. Jess2 January 18, 2013 at 12:06 #

Definitely too long and the shoes are terrible!

10. andrea January 18, 2013 at 14:32 #

Is there supposed to be a gap at the back? This looks bad from the back and the shoes are hideous. I’ve noticed the asian ladies seem to need a lesson on shoe pairing :-(

11. katie January 18, 2013 at 16:00 #

I hate the shoes, much prefer the first look but she is a beauty!