07.12.12 Menswear

In the absence of Cate Blanchett at the New York premiere of ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’, held at the Ziegfeld Theater in New York City yesterday evening, I could give Richard Armitage my full attention.

I think I said this before but I love a three-piece suit, so picture me swooning over Richard wearing this Michael Bastian Fall 2012 herringbone check suit.

He styled this suit with a white dress shirt and a cobalt-blue tie which brings out the blue tones of this suit.

I’m so excited that the BDOTW menswear edition is going to be so hotly contested this week.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kylie Minogue In Dolce & Gabbana - X Factor Italy

Kylie Minogue In Dolce & Gabbana – X Factor Italy

Keira Knightley In Richard Nicoll - TheWrap's Awards Season Screening Series Presents 'Anna Karenina'

Keira Knightley In Richard Nicoll – TheWrap’s Awards Season Screening Series Presents ‘Anna Karenina’

12 Responses to Richard Armitage In Michael Bastian – ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ New York Premiere

1. Rebecca Z December 7, 2012 at 16:22 #

Not a fan of this particular suit on him–I love saying this about a guy—it makes him look fat. It would be better without the jacket buttoned (I thought you were never supposed to button the jacket of a three piece suit).

2. Odette December 7, 2012 at 16:23 #

I don’t like the crumbling of Richard’s pants.

3. Nat December 7, 2012 at 16:28 #

I’m totally with you, FC. I also have a soft spot for three pieces suits. :-)
    What I particularly love about this one is that it’s certaintly appropriate for the film he’s promoting: I could totally see Tolkien wear this himself nowadays.

• Arina December 7, 2012 at 16:42 #

Haha yes, definitely Tolkien appropriate! :) And +1 on the 3-piece suits *swoon*
      I think it’s the pose in the first pic that makes him look a tad chubby, not the suit itself, and yes would probably look better with the jacket unbuttoned. But he’s still gorgeous, he can do no wrong by me… *sigh*
      Have a great weekend, FC!

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2012 at 17:00 #

you too x

• EmmaWoodhouse December 7, 2012 at 17:36 #

YES! A tribute to Tolkien! The first picture is not too flattering but it’s a great suit and he’s tremendously handsome <3
        I'm with FC on this one for sure :)

4. TeaAtTwo December 7, 2012 at 17:54 #

The suit is a brilliant classic and I like the blue tie choice, brings out his eyes. The fit in midriff looks a bit snug in some photos though.

5. Yeliz December 7, 2012 at 18:13 #

Great suit.

6. Nat39 December 7, 2012 at 18:43 #

I like the suit but this isn’t working for him. Where is the gorgeous lean silhouette from last week?? I’m disappointed. He looks like a barrel.

7. Christine December 8, 2012 at 02:54 #

Not liking the fit or cut.

8. Jess2 December 8, 2012 at 07:36 #

I also like a three piece suit but I am not liking this colour on Richard. I think he needed a darker tone but the tie is lovely. My attention actually went to Sir Ian, he has the biggest smile :)

9. hella January 22, 2013 at 20:42 #

he is so handsome. I prefer dark colored suits though.