Princess Clotilde of Savoy In Elie Saab Couture – Royal Wedding

Princess Clotilde of Savoy attended the two-day Luxembourg Royal Wedding this weekend.

For the gala dinner on Friday night she looked stunning wearing an Elie Saab Fall 2012 Couture printed gown with a lace embroidered overly which was accented with a gold belt.

I was delighted to finally see this look on the red carpet; she more than does justice to the gown.

A simple bun with a diamond encrusted tiara completed her BDOTW worthy look.

For the main event the following day, she wore another Elie Saab look.

On this occasion, she wore a Fall 2012 ready-to-wear light grey knee-length dress with a peplum waist which she styled with matching peep-toes and a black fascinator.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Camila Alves In Juan Carlos Obando - Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

Camila Alves In Juan Carlos Obando – Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

Princess Caroline of Monaco In Chanel Couture - Royal Wedding

Princess Caroline of Monaco In Chanel Couture – Royal Wedding

17 Responses to Princess Clotilde of Savoy In Elie Saab Couture – Royal Wedding

1. auntychrist October 22, 2012 at 08:19 #

for the second look, she needed a bra

• dee October 22, 2012 at 16:52 #

+1.

• Beta October 23, 2012 at 19:05 #

absolutely YES :|
      love the first look

2. Louise October 22, 2012 at 10:39 #

I love Elie Saab, and I love that dress!! <3

On a slightly different note, that girl modelling Elie Saab is Australia's Next Top model Montana Cox, wow, she went far!

3. robbie October 22, 2012 at 12:40 #

both beautiful looks, she looks like a disney princess in the first look.

4. EmmaWoodhouse October 22, 2012 at 13:10 #

I love the first look, although I wish that it didn’t have the plunging illusion neckline. The details are exquisite! :)
    The second look is a bit bland and illfitted, though nothing terrible.

5. Christine October 22, 2012 at 13:21 #

The first look is BDOTW stunning.

6. Joan October 22, 2012 at 13:22 #

Elie saab is incredible!!
    I love the first one so much its gorgeous

7. Noemi October 22, 2012 at 13:25 #

I like both looks, the one she worn at the wedding is very classy and fresh, I would day, and her husband looks great, too. Just one thing, FC, she’s not a princess because in Italy we have no monarchy, some people call her princess, but she’s not.

• Fashion Critic October 22, 2012 at 13:28 #

OK, I usually don’t refer to her as a princess from previous posts, but on this occasion she is was labeled by the picture agencies as a princess and considering everyone else has a princess title it would be confusing to leave her out

• Beta October 23, 2012 at 19:07 #

thanks Noemi, I was kind of wondering where the hell was her “kingdom”. its funny to find all of the pseudo-royals that show up for these kind of events. I enjoy the dresses, but the concept is so anachronic its silly

8. Amy October 22, 2012 at 14:12 #

Ahhh It’s Montana Cox on the runway! I knew I recognised the dress.

• Hannah October 22, 2012 at 16:05 #

I’m glad someone else knows who she is! I don’t that that that season has aired in England, where I live yet, but it was the best! I assume that you watched Australia’s Next Top model?
      Liz was my favourite, but Montana deserved ot win just as much, except that I think in her runway photos she doesn’t photograph even half as beautiful as she was in photos and on the show.

• Amy December 29, 2012 at 23:12 #

Late reply, but Liz was my favourite too :( But I think her proportions were probably a bit off for runway.
        I started watching Australia’s Next Top Model when I was in Fiji :L

9. Hannah October 22, 2012 at 16:02 #

I adore the first gown. this print was the highlight of that collection by far for me. The only thign is that I don’t that that she deserves BDOTW when there was an even more beautiful bride, it wouldn’t feel right IMO. Also, I saw a photo of the shoes :(. Bad.
    I think that a bra would have done both looks, teh second especially wonders.

10. Yeliz October 22, 2012 at 20:33 #

The first look is BDOTW worthy, no need to discuss.
    I love the second look as well except the fascinator, I wished it was in another colour.

11. Aline October 22, 2012 at 22:47 #

She looks stunning in that gown. Flawless, really. BDOTW worthy.

The second look, however, falls flat to me, probably due to the color.