Carmen Ejogo In Etro – ‘Alex Cross’ LA Premiere

Carmen Ejogo joined co-star Rachel Nichols on the red carpet last night for the ‘Alex Cross’ LA premiere held at the ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, California, last night.

She wore an Etro Fall 2012 sexy look.

An embroidered black sheer top was styled with a paisley print and striped skirt with leather fin details at the back, but the best part about this look is the leather belt which acts like an uber-chic peplum.

It’s rare, but I have to say I prefer Carmen’s zebra-print pumps over Joan Smalls’ shoes.

A simple black box clutch and a pink lip colour completed her look.

I love that she was adventurous with her choices for this big movie premiere, it’s just a shame about the small hole in her top.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anna Wintour In Christian Dior - WSJ Magazine’s ‘Innovator of the Year’ Awards

Anna Wintour In Christian Dior – WSJ Magazine’s ‘Innovator of the Year’ Awards

Christa B. Allen In Donna Karan - Target Celebrates 50th Anniversary

Christa B. Allen In Donna Karan – Target Celebrates 50th Anniversary

14 Responses to Carmen Ejogo In Etro – ‘Alex Cross’ LA Premiere

1. Linda October 16, 2012 at 20:04 #

Beautiful. I love the mix of prints and textures. This is another person I’m not familiar with but hope to see more of. BDOTW worthy for sure. I especially love the addition of the zebra shoes.

2. Lara October 16, 2012 at 20:15 #

“A” for effort, but I dislike the hairstyle immensely.

3. Nat39 October 16, 2012 at 20:16 #

It’s an interesting look but she is not quite selling it to me – she lacks a confident sexy presence and her upper body is just not long and lean enough to carry off the sheer top well, and her hairstyle is kinda mumsy. Would’ve preferred a sexier hairstyle, slightly shorter (more in a mid/upper knee) length and a sexy black sandal instead as her matchy pumps do nothing but detract from the skirt.

• Lee October 17, 2012 at 13:35 #

I agree. I think she is lacking ‘fierceness’ one would need to pull off this look. I love the outfit though right down to the shoes. Great contrast.

4. Yeliz October 16, 2012 at 20:45 #

I think she should have worn simple black sandals and let the ensemble be the center of attention. I honestly can’t decide whether to look at the skirt first or her shoes.

• Christine October 17, 2012 at 13:42 #

I agree.

5. Hannah October 16, 2012 at 20:51 #

We wait all year for Etro and suddenly 2 (or 3 if you include Nikki Reed) looks come at once! :)

6. CreoleLady October 16, 2012 at 21:44 #

Wow, she went for it. All the way down to the shoes. No namby-pamby black pumps here. Gorgeous. Love, love, love, h2t.

7. Laura October 16, 2012 at 22:12 #

I think she looks great. Really love the mixture of prints and texture. And that little hole in the middle of the shirt someone mentioned is part of the design. Kudos to Carmen making such a bold statement.Its refreshing to see.

8. Naomie October 16, 2012 at 22:15 #

I love everything about this look except the hairstyle

• chryssa October 17, 2012 at 14:48 #

9. TeaAtTwo October 16, 2012 at 22:29 #

Apart from the hole, I like everything about this look even BDOTW poll worthy. Etro is such an underrated label on the Red carpet. I like the idea of a peplum belt too.

10. carolina October 17, 2012 at 02:11 #

This look is absolutely wearing her rather than the reverse.

11. EmmaWoodhouse October 19, 2012 at 13:03 #