30.07.12

Nicole Kidman In Azzedine Alaia – OMEGA House Launch Party

Omega – the Official Timekeepers of the London 2012 Olympics – hosted a launch party for the opening of Omega house, where they will officially reside during the games.

They invited the current face of their timepieces, Nicole Kidman, to help add a touch of Hollywood glamour to the occasion.

Opting to keep things simple and showcase her ‘Ladymatic’ timepieces, the actress wore an Azzedine Alaia navy patterned dress with a fit-and-flare silhouette.

Manolo Blahnik ‘Kahikalow’ laser-cut lace up sandals, a pinned hairstyle and breathtaking chandelier earrings completed her look.

I love the elegant dress and edgy shoes, but not together.

What do you think about the dress/shoe combo?

You can buy Nicole’s Manolo Blahnik heels from Barneys.com.

Credit: Getty

Rihanna In Balmain - 'Rogue by Rihanna' Paris Launch

Rihanna In Balmain – ‘Rogue by Rihanna’ Paris Launch

Nicole Kidman In Antonio Berardi - 2012 Emmy Awards

Nicole Kidman In Antonio Berardi – 2012 Emmy Awards

23 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Azzedine Alaia – OMEGA House Launch Party

1. Martin July 30, 2012 at 10:05 #

This really works for me – anything to break the tedious black dress/black pump or black dress/nude pump monotony that so many dish up for us is a goof thing. I think the shoes fall on the right of side of edgy (ie. not ridiculous) and her hair and make-up are flawless. Beyond thankful that Nicole is back to rocking the reddish locks – so happy to see her relegate that white blonde frightfulness to history. Great effort all round.

• Jones19 July 30, 2012 at 12:26 #

+1. Love everything about this look!

• Rebecca Z July 30, 2012 at 14:29 #

Totally agree. BDOTW contender in my opinion. She looks spectacular.

• Tiger Nueng July 30, 2012 at 17:32 #

• tiffany July 31, 2012 at 21:30 #

i’m diggin’ it!

2. Alina July 30, 2012 at 10:09 #

“I love the elegant dress and edgy shoes, but not together.” – I agree.

• Beta July 30, 2012 at 11:22 #

spot on

• Fiona-Brasil July 30, 2012 at 11:28 #

3. Leigh July 30, 2012 at 10:19 #

Don’t like the dress and shoes together. Do like the departure from her favoured sillhoute though!

4. Cindy July 30, 2012 at 10:42 #

This is what I call a classy lady. She’s in another league. She, Cate Blanchett, Tilda Swinton, these women are unique.

I love the dress/shoe combo. Those Monolos are 2Die4.

5. Ramsay July 30, 2012 at 11:34 #

This burnt orange hair colour works on her – it’s much much better than the much darker red she sported during her 2011 oscar campaign which did not suit her cause it clashed with her fair skin and is a warmer colour than the blond locks she had for most of 2000 (which i still liked) – the look is nice actually, she tends to shy away from volume in her dresses so this is a nice change and she looks classy

6. Saree July 30, 2012 at 12:00 #

I have to agree with Cindy – it’s not until I read her comment that it really came together. If you look back over the years, Nicole has been a hit & a miss for a lot of people. But she has never really changed to please criticisms and it’s the same with Cate.

I would say for Cate, her risks pay off better and she is probably more consistent, but they are both unique where regular people would either give a big yes or a fat no. I like this look on Nicole, it’s very youthful without dressing 20 years her junior.

7. Lee Ann July 30, 2012 at 12:17 #

I like the idea she was going for with the dress/shoe combo as it takes it from being a little too girlie and hence young to a look with a bit more gravitas. Having said that these shoes are a bit too fiddly and cut out (i think they work better with a longer length) and the effect could have been achieved better either by wearing Alaia’s take on these shoes -he has many or Pierre Hardy.

• Christine July 30, 2012 at 14:01 #

I couldn’t agree more. +1

8. Tiger Nueng July 30, 2012 at 13:10 #

I agree with “not together” but I like her hairdo and this dress. ^^

9. Markness July 30, 2012 at 13:22 #

I just feel that all Alaia dresses look the same. I don’t know. When you go to a boutique and look at all the Alaia, they just look the same only in different colors and lengths. But, Nicole looks gorgeous. I love the dress and the shoes together. I get where she’s going with it. :)

10. Tiger Nueng July 30, 2012 at 14:21 #

Now,I have changed my mind, I like this combo shoes and dress,’cause I think the shoes made this dress more interest.

11. song July 30, 2012 at 15:05 #

absolutely fresh look!

12. Dee July 30, 2012 at 15:36 #

LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT DRESS AND SHOES? WITH NICOLES COLORING SHE DOES’NT NEED JEWELRY WITH BLACK DRESS? SHE NAILED IT !!!!!

13. Yeliz July 30, 2012 at 20:04 #

I wished she kept the shoes but wore another dress instead. I don’t like the dress, to be honest.

14. Nat39 July 30, 2012 at 20:58 #

I think the shoe/dress combo works (the edgier shoe offsets the cuteness of the dress and is a great statement element) but NOT ON HER esp. with that pretty pinned hairstyle and those glamorous earrings. Elizabeth Banks could’ve done it, or someone less mature with a bit more modern hairstyle/sleek ponytail.

15. Sharon July 30, 2012 at 21:51 #

Once again Nicole shows what a gorgeous woman she is. Even though I rarely like this kind of shoe with a short dress, Nicole has the long legs to pull it off. I love everything about this look from head to toe.

16. mia July 30, 2012 at 22:17 #