Menu

March 11, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Erdem – Commonwealth Day Youth Event

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Erdem - Commonwealth Day Youth Event

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attended the Commonwealth Day Youth Event at Canada House today (March 11) in London.

The event showcased and celebrated the diverse community of young Canadians living in London and around the UK, so Meghan paid a special tribute to Canada with her outfit.

The Duchess looked beautiful in her all-green outfit, which included a coat with black beaded detailing by Canadian-born designer Erdem.

Her fresh-off-the-runway look (which would’ve been purchased rather than loaned), was styled with a black Givenchy clutch and Aquazzura black heels.

As for her hair, Meghan wore her trademark low side bun with fly-away tendrils.

I prefer how the look is unbuttoned as it feels less matronly.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Grace Chatto In Dolce & Gabbana - Commonwealth Day 2019

Grace Chatto In Dolce & Gabbana – Commonwealth Day 2019

Isla Fisher In Moschino - 'The Beach Bum' SXSW Premiere

Isla Fisher In Moschino – ‘The Beach Bum’ SXSW Premiere

60 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Erdem – Commonwealth Day Youth Event

1. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

Not hating or implying she’s doing anything improper but I am wondering about her wardrobe spending since becoming a royal. It’s her best dark green look so far.

2. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I read that they aren’t allowed to take freebies.

3. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

The British royals at least aren’t allowed to accept free clothes. They’re really strict about it. I remember shortly have the Duchess of Cambridge entered that family there was some story about about designers trying to send her free stuff and having it returned. All of the gifts they get from foreign heads of state (like jewels from Middle Eastern rulers) are cataloged in the end of the year gift lists and they only belong to them for their lifetime before becoming part of the royal collection. The royal family’s website says that all gifts from commercial organizations will be returned.

But other royals aren’t the same, I know Queen Rania of Jordan is quite open about accepting free or heavily discounted clothes.

4. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I really love this. My fave look from her.

5. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I love this green colour on her!

6. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

Agreed!

7. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

One of her best looks ever IMO!

8. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

Great look – love the green and black.

9. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

The dress seems too heavy.

I like the coat though.

10. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I’m not the biggest fan of the shoes, especially with heavy clothes like these.
    I also think the messy bun she favours always takes her whole look down. I’d love if she styled her hair in a neater ballerina bun like the one she wore a few weeks ago.
    I agree she looks better with the coat unbuttoned and green is a good colour on her!

11. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

Green suits her so much better than the white/cream outfits she has been favouring. Has she relaxed the contouring a bit here too or is it just the colour working with her complexion better?

I hope we see more of this aesthetic from her.

12. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

The coat looks far superior when it’s unbuttoned.
    Her outfits of the day were very pretty.

13. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

This is lovely on her. The coat looks much better on Meghan than it does the model.

14. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

The colour looks very nice on her, great to see her wearing green. I’m not 100% sure about the bust of the dress, seems quite tight, which could be uncomfortable being pregnant. But for the rest is quite a nice look.

15. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I love this look, such a lovely color on her. The coat looks too big, so I’m glad she kept it open.

16. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

This looks so much better with the coat unbuttoned than it does buttoned. This is a great look for Duchess Meghan.

17. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I love the 60’s inspired maternity fashion Meghan’s worn lately. I especially like the color here and prefer the coat open as well. Not sure I like the neckline of the dress though but everything else looks great.

18. Guest April 10, 2019 at 7:24 am #

I love this, the colour suits her 🙂
    That coat is gorgeous and the dress looks totally fine!

19. brat March 12, 2019 at 9:41 pm #

I like the deep green on her and the retro look she’s obviously going for.

I don’t know how successfully it was actually executed. I’m on the fence.

20. Amy March 12, 2019 at 9:12 am #

She’s been looking amazing these days. Most of her outfits are quite elegant and well made.
    Solid look

21. Fanny March 11, 2019 at 9:45 pm #

I love this green colour on her!

22. Eni March 11, 2019 at 9:15 pm #

I really love this. My fave look from her.

23. TeaAtTwo March 11, 2019 at 8:56 pm #

• Amanda March 11, 2019 at 9:14 pm #

What were you wondering about it?

• TeaAtTwo March 11, 2019 at 9:50 pm #

How much her clothing bill has been since the wedding. I know she had money earned and Charles contributes.

• Ingrid March 12, 2019 at 12:50 am #

A question, could the Royals get clothes given to them by designers? It just feel like they would be people those high fashion brands would send clothes to.

• TeaAtTwo March 12, 2019 at 5:30 am #

I read that they aren’t allowed to take freebies.

• malluu March 12, 2019 at 4:32 pm #

24. Nat123 March 11, 2019 at 8:15 pm #

The sleeves are too short for a winter coat. I am not a fan of the color, but this outfit is an improvement to her last outing in a summer dress and blazer.

25. Guest March 11, 2019 at 8:56 pm #

26. justme March 11, 2019 at 7:23 pm #

The coat looks far superior when it’s unbuttoned.
    Her outfits of the day were very pretty.

27. Kimma March 11, 2019 at 7:21 pm #

I hope we see more of this aesthetic from her.

28. Guest March 11, 2019 at 8:15 pm #

29. olga March 11, 2019 at 7:09 pm #

I’m not the biggest fan of the shoes, especially with heavy clothes like these.

30. Iva March 11, 2019 at 6:54 pm #

The dress seems too heavy.

I like the coat though.

31. Laura March 11, 2019 at 6:37 pm #

Great look – love the green and black.

32. Hoda Masoud March 11, 2019 at 6:26 pm #

One of her best looks ever IMO!

• kane March 13, 2019 at 5:37 pm #

Agreed!

33. JHH March 11, 2019 at 6:25 pm #

34. Guest March 11, 2019 at 7:23 pm #

The coat looks far superior when it’s unbuttoned.
    Her outfits of the day were very pretty.

35. Guest March 11, 2019 at 7:21 pm #

I hope we see more of this aesthetic from her.

36. Guest March 11, 2019 at 7:09 pm #

I’m not the biggest fan of the shoes, especially with heavy clothes like these.

37. NZ March 11, 2019 at 5:58 pm #

38. Guest March 11, 2019 at 6:54 pm #

The dress seems too heavy.

I like the coat though.

39. Martijn March 11, 2019 at 5:50 pm #

40. meme March 11, 2019 at 5:50 pm #

41. Mady March 11, 2019 at 5:47 pm #

I love this, the colour suits her 🙂
    That coat is gorgeous and the dress looks totally fine!

42. Guest March 11, 2019 at 6:37 pm #

Great look – love the green and black.

43. Susannah March 11, 2019 at 5:35 pm #

44. Guest March 11, 2019 at 6:26 pm #

One of her best looks ever IMO!

• Guest March 13, 2019 at 5:37 pm #

Agreed!

45. Guest March 11, 2019 at 6:25 pm #

46. Guest March 11, 2019 at 5:58 pm #

47. Guest March 11, 2019 at 5:50 pm #

48. Guest March 11, 2019 at 5:50 pm #

49. Guest March 11, 2019 at 5:47 pm #

I love this, the colour suits her 🙂
    That coat is gorgeous and the dress looks totally fine!

50. Guest March 11, 2019 at 5:35 pm #