Menu

17.10.18

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex have had an action-packed two days since touching down in Australia for the royal tour with husband Prince Harry.

The mother-to-be looked fresh as she arrived at Dubbo City regional airport and was greeted by the Mayor of Dubbo Region, Councillor Ben Shields as well as a strong welcoming party on Wednesday (October 17).

Her latest outfit had a distinctively casual vibe.

She wore a grey blazer from her BFF Serena Williams’ Collection, a white Maison Kitsune shirt and black skinny ‘Harriet’ jeans by Overland Denim; the Ethical Australian Label, which speaks to the Duchess’ commitment to humanitarianism, as the denim label was established to help provide vulnerable women with employment and training opportunities.

The look was styled with black boots by J. Crew, and a necklace is by Australian designer Natalie Martin.

I know some of you have been tearing your hair out at the lack of British designer love from the Duchess, but at least she is honoring the country she’s touring, so perhaps this may have a knock on effect when she returns to the UK.

This is me being optimistic.

Credit: Getty

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Ellery - Extra

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Ellery – Extra

Rita Ora's Versace Printed Wrap Dress

Rita Ora’s Versace Multi Print High Neck Silk Wrap Dress

18 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Serena Williams Collection, Maison Kitsune & Australian Outlander – Dubbo City Visit

1. Noemi October 18, 2018 at 11:05 am #

When she’s far from England she dresses much more casually (and youthfully), like the Meghan Markle and not the Duchess of Sussex.

2. TinaL October 18, 2018 at 3:45 am #

She looks nice, relaxed and comfy

3. Laura October 17, 2018 at 11:02 pm #

I’ve seen several picture of other royals from other countries and none of them wear fashions only from their country. While it’s nice when they do that is not officially part of their job in any way. If it was she and the other royals would follow them. Whenever someone is famous people project their feelings on how they act and dress onto them and that seems to be even more magnified with Meghan.

4. Amy October 17, 2018 at 10:25 pm #

I like. It’s simple and it looks comfy. Not every outfit needs to be grand or over the top. This looks like an outfit anyone could wear.

5. TeaAtTwo October 17, 2018 at 9:23 pm #

The outfit is fine with the jeans and necklace both nice touches. I’m not a Meghan hater or out to get at her and hope she’s happy but she has a formal role, obviously her fashion sends a message and she should be promoting British and British based fashion more often.

6. Gina October 17, 2018 at 9:01 pm #

People keep saying her style is quite bland and too minimal but at least she has a particular style which is more than what I can say for any other member of the royal family. Her royal engagements look like engagements. Fuss free and to the point. She seems like a strong woman who isnt going to change herself much no matter what shes married into and with no inherent need to impress anyone. I respect her and her style choices.

7. brat October 17, 2018 at 4:35 pm #

I’ve worn a similar outfit to this so it’s very easy to put together and relatable. That blazer looks like it’s from Forever 21 and Serena is dead wrong to charge $200 for it. I have never been one to bang the “she should wear British designers” drum, but free advertising for a friend over a British designer is a bit much.

• Anne-Marie October 18, 2018 at 12:12 pm #

Well said!

8. meme October 17, 2018 at 2:51 pm #

The jacket Meghan is wearing is almost sold out. I wanted to buy one but the smalls are all gone 🙁

9. Anna P October 17, 2018 at 12:55 pm #

I’m British and I don’t care if she doesn’t wear British designers. Her main designer is a British woman anyway. So much thought goes into what she wears: the trousers helping Cambodian women, the Australian necklaces.

She seems to be getting more beautiful every day – I love this casual look on her and the ponytail is perfect.

I think those who complain about British designers are just looking for something to criticise. Meghan and Harry are doing a sterling job on their tour, people adore them, but there’s always someone angling to drag her down.

I noticed also, Harry always kind of co-ordinates his outfits to suit hers which is so sweet.

• ChelseaRucas October 17, 2018 at 1:13 pm #

Couldn’t agree more with you.

• Laura October 17, 2018 at 1:38 pm #

This!

• yumey October 17, 2018 at 1:52 pm #

I agree, She looks lovely and Harry looks nice too.

• meme October 17, 2018 at 2:48 pm #

I totally agree. Meghan has been looking fabulous lately. I love this outfit. She looks classic casual.

• justme October 17, 2018 at 6:44 pm #

Seriously. I love the fact that she’s wearing a Serena Williams piece in Australia after that dreadful Australian racist cartoon. Friendship and a message.

• Vizual Ninja October 17, 2018 at 8:17 pm #

I didn’t remember it was an Australian animator! Touche, she has more moxie than I realised.

• CreoleLady October 17, 2018 at 9:54 pm #

Yes, yes, yes. Wearing that Serena jacket is absolutely fantastic, Michelle Obama level of a sartorial statment. Colonizers, step back. And enough about flogging British brands. That’s for the queen to be. Meghan, continue to do you. That’s why Harry married you.

10. Vizual Ninja October 17, 2018 at 12:38 pm #

Cute, casual and looks comfy. Perfect for the day she had.