Menu

July 31, 2017

Princess Charlene of Monaco and Prince Albert II of Monaco attended the 69th Monaco Red Cross Ball Gala on Friday (July 28) in Monte-Carlo, Monaco.

Dripping in tiny silver sequins, this Atelier Versace custom-made jumpsuit is an exquisite example of brands signature glamour, which was inspired by the Fall 2017 collection.

We don’t always put the words modern and royal in the same sentence, but Princess Charlene’s look could easily grace any red carpet in the world due to its modern femininity, chic characteristics and brimming sex appeal.

The princess’s shimmering beauty was styled with a classic box clutch and strappy sandals from Versace.

I can see this on my BDOTY list. What are your thoughts?

Credit: Getty

Celine Dion rocks Mario Dice out in Paris again

Celine Dion rocks Mario Dice out in Paris again

Caitriona Balfe's Nicholas Kirkwood 'Ziggy' Platform Sandals

Caitriona Balfe’s Nicholas Kirkwood ‘Ziggy’ Platform Sandals

29 Responses to Princess Charlene of Monaco In Atelier Versace – 69th Monaco Red Cross Ball Gala

1. Nat August 1, 2017 at 6:07 pm #

Stunning as usual. BDOTY contender. Catherine should take a few notes from Charlene’s style book.

2. alvarospain August 1, 2017 at 8:26 am #

W O W! BDOTY for me!

3. Alina August 1, 2017 at 5:46 am #

Love this! What a badass princess!

4. Amanda August 1, 2017 at 3:40 am #

I loved this. Then I found out if was a jumpsuit and I really L❤️VED it! A-MAZ-ING.

5. Pheephee August 1, 2017 at 2:17 am #

Nono. Unflattering for her shape and the outfit itself is totally dated n cheesy looking. The back view is esp unappealing.

6. Schoolbea July 31, 2017 at 10:15 pm #

Still undecided on the overall design, but I am absolutely blown away by her beauty. And that hair! Is it appropriate for a royal to look FIERCE?

Love her attitude and the bold choices she made with this look more than anything else.

7. AnderBoBo July 31, 2017 at 6:29 pm #

BLOWN AWAY! Wow, absolute BDOTY-worthy! I LOVE the fact that this is a jumpsuit (but can easily read as a gown), it just adds another level of “OMG” to an already amazing look! She is totally selling it and I just love everything about this!

8. Nat39 July 31, 2017 at 4:40 pm #

Spectacular. She is doing what Charlize Theron should be doing.

• SilentVisitor August 1, 2017 at 11:47 am #

9. Christine July 31, 2017 at 4:40 pm #

This is serious!!! Love this so much!!! Definitely going on the BDOTW list.

10. JHH July 31, 2017 at 3:14 pm #

On the one hand, I like that she went all in on highlighting her broad shoulders (I really like it when women play up a nontraditionally highlighted feature) and I like that a royal went a bit off the beatne track and tried a jumpsuit. On the other hand, I am not as wowed by this looks as seems to be the trend here because it looks a bit too tight across the pecs and in the back to me.

11. Caroline July 31, 2017 at 2:59 pm #

As soon as I saw this, it took my breath away. BDOTY nomination for this one.

12. Chris July 31, 2017 at 2:58 pm #

LOVE. That’s one epic jumpsuit (and yes, I’m one of the persons who like it even more for being a jumpsuit and not a gown).
    The fashion of royals can be quite boring to me, I rarely care for royals, but this is a quite unexpected look coming from a royal and I like it even more for that.

13. Crystalline July 31, 2017 at 1:18 pm #

She looks fantastic!! Jumpsuit is a surprising choice of royalty’s formal wear, but this one is really glamorous and perfect on her. The fact that she didn’t play safe and opted.to wear jumpsuit instead of dress is another wow-factor. Definitely very memorable.

14. TeaAtTwo July 31, 2017 at 12:12 pm #

I would prefer this to be this a gown but she does look good. I don’t think it’ll be on my end of year list but it is BDOTW worthy.

15. Leandra July 31, 2017 at 12:01 pm #

Fabulous. FABULOUS ! The more I look the more I like it. What others consider as flaws I interprete as enhancements : the 80ies glamour’s vibe , being a jumpsuit instead of a dress, the spectacularly athletic silhouette, all winners in my opinion.
    BDOTW for sure. For the year I still have to think a bit longer.

• Nat39 July 31, 2017 at 4:44 pm #

Well said.
      The fact that it’s a jumpsuit, not a sequined strapless gown, makes her strong shoulder line somewhat an attraction.

16. kane July 31, 2017 at 10:45 am #

I can see why she is proud of her shoulders but I don’t like the silhouette is going for so very often. This is what makes it look very dated to me: think 80s, shoulder pads, and with the hair and make up, also Brigitte Nielsen. I can see where you are coming from about the glamour that she brings to royal events in a way none of the others do, sometimes I wonder if she is actually the one who descends from Grace, but this one is a bit of a cheap copy of it.

• Ilmie Evaristo July 31, 2017 at 12:30 pm #

Is true she look like Brigitte Nielsen ! And the silhouette is the same nothing new…

• Boy July 31, 2017 at 5:06 pm #

I agree, this feels dated.

17. CreoleLady July 31, 2017 at 10:42 am #

I want to love it. That rear view, though, she is all shoulders. I like the idea of the shimmering jumpsuit, how she celebrates those broad shoulders, and her all-in approach. Maybe the look will grow on me.

• Kathy July 31, 2017 at 11:11 am #

The rear view bothers me too, in that it seems to be really constricting. It can’t be too comfortable for your back to cleave like that.

18. Charlotte July 31, 2017 at 10:36 am #

The fact that it’s a jumpsuit makes this a little bit dated.
    Yet, she looks stunning and it’s way better than what she usually wears.

19. Maya July 31, 2017 at 9:56 am #

I loved it, but then I realized it was a jumpsuit…

• Catherine Kallon July 31, 2017 at 10:30 am #

I loved it, then loved it even more when I saw it was a jumpsuit 😀

• Maya July 31, 2017 at 10:49 am #

Fair enough! The more I think about it the less I mind, it’s great to see a royal lady wearing something so daring.

• Nat39 July 31, 2017 at 4:36 pm #

the same:) …she instantly looked cooler for me than if it had been a sequined grey-ish strapless gown

• anonymous as always July 31, 2017 at 6:02 pm #

I liked it at first but the fact that it was a jumpsuit made me love it! And I am not a huge fan of jumpsuits to begin with!
        Very refreshing look for a royal. She looks like a super-heroine invited to a formal event honoring her, and I love it.

20. Kathy July 31, 2017 at 9:49 am #

I really want this to be a dress, as the flared pant leg reads a bit tacky and dated. At least the first picture lets me pretend they’re a skirt. Either way, she looks fantastic!