Menu

November 24, 2014 Runway To Red Carpet

Zendaya Coleman In Georgine – 2014 American Music Awards

Posted by Rachel Watkins

Zendaya Coleman In Georgine - 2014 American Music Awards

Zendaya Coleman also attended the 2014 American Music Awards, hosted on Sunday evening (November 23) at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California.

I always look forward to seeing what this burgeoning starlet has up her sleeve on the red carpet, as she’s constantly reinventing her look.

This time, she channeled a distinct ’70s luxe spirit in a brushed metallic Georgine Spring 2015 trench coat worn over matching palazzo pants and a mint-green leather bandeau top with Gucci heels.

Her explosion of curls was just as much a part of the outfit and cemented the young Diana Ross inspiration.

While they played second fiddle to that hair and her golden ensemble, her signature massive hoop earrings made a repeat appearance and she added a tiny nose ring and a smattering of cocktail rings for additional pop-star panache.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Heidi Klum In Versace - 2014 American Music Awards

Heidi Klum In Versace – 2014 American Music Awards

Selena Gomez In Armani Privé - 2014 American Music Awards

Selena Gomez In Armani Privé – 2014 American Music Awards

24 Responses to Zendaya Coleman In Georgine – 2014 American Music Awards

1. Nat39 November 25, 2014 at 12:08 am #

Well, I can’t give her a pass b/c she is young or b/c it’s the event and so on… This outfit is not for her to begin with, for someone like Karlie Kloss maybe, and it maybe music but still a formal event (a ‘swim suit top and a trench coat’ costume, really??) She looks like she is playing dressup in something that doesn’t belong on her, all over the place. She needs to develop her style properly.

2. Nicky November 24, 2014 at 9:50 pm #

I love this. The colors are fantastic, her hair is beautiful, and the styling is not OTT. IMO this is fitting for a music event.

3. The Enchanted Boudoir November 24, 2014 at 5:12 pm #

I might be the only one, but I like her and what she does with fashion.
    Maybe many of you are confused by her looks becouse she doesn’t have a defined music identity yet, I mean a solid/famous album.
    But as a fan and a fashion lover I can’t help to be enchanted by her camaleontic style.

4. Amanda November 24, 2014 at 3:13 pm #

She is fearless in her choices. I may not alway (often) agree or like what she wears (I love this look by the way) but there is no arguing that she is unique in her choices. She is a young stunning girl and it would be easy for her to look good in a cookie cutter sparkly dress but she chooses to push the envelope. She is obviously confident enough in her own skin and I applaud her for her fashion bravery.

5. Rebecca Z November 24, 2014 at 3:08 pm #

I love this too. She pulls it off, it is the kind of event where a costume like look is acceptable, and she wears the whole thing with perfect conviction.

6. Pedro November 24, 2014 at 2:26 pm #

I’m in love with this look!

Perfect from h2t

7. amy November 24, 2014 at 2:26 pm #

the bikini top is a no. I don’t mind the gold suit cause this is the AMAs, but with the hair, the mini top, it’s too much for me.

8. gabis November 24, 2014 at 12:21 pm #

I actually love the combination of the mint-green top and gold pants. The simple styling is the cherry on top. The trench coat however ruins the look for me.

9. CreoleLady November 24, 2014 at 10:13 am #

Haha, LOVE this, h2t. I think she has a fabulous sense of humor and can get away with quite a bit on the red carpet. J’adore. OTT and fab, totally in the spirit of the AMAs, which seems to have been taken over by a bunch of actresses and their wannabe Oscar gowns.

• Patricia November 24, 2014 at 1:52 pm #

+1 agree

• anna November 24, 2014 at 5:33 pm #

+2 This is an event for musicians to show case their own personal styles! Not for random actresses to wear “premiere” dresses

• Nat39 November 25, 2014 at 12:26 am #

and that’s the problem with Zendaya. She doesn’t appear to have that ‘personal style’, she is all over the place, “mimicking”. And it’s still a formal event btw.

• Nicky November 24, 2014 at 9:48 pm #

+3. Those colors, that big hair, I love it all. She always keeps it interesting, and I appreciate that.

10. Alina November 24, 2014 at 6:22 am #

Trying waaay too hard.

11. Phoenix November 24, 2014 at 5:35 am #

So silly, from the outfit to the hair. just silly

12. Prudence November 24, 2014 at 3:00 am #

the only thing I like here is the hair, everything else is a disastrous mess.

13. Courtney Klein November 24, 2014 at 2:35 am #

Don’t like this at all.

14. cherrysoftness November 24, 2014 at 2:24 am #

Stepped right into costume territory, again. She looks like she was hired to pretend to be someone else.

15. sophie November 24, 2014 at 2:22 am #

This is so try-hard and such a hot mess I am bored.

16. Nat39 November 24, 2014 at 1:36 am #

Trying extra hard once again. She needs to take a step back and develop/refine her taste from the start instead of playing dressup.

17. pinksugar November 24, 2014 at 1:31 am #

Hot mess from head to toe. She can use the “I’m only 18, I’m having fun with fashion” excuse so many times. Nothing about this is good.

• olivia November 24, 2014 at 1:37 am #

I am alone as I love this from head to toe.

I will take this over a boring bandage dress any day

• kane November 24, 2014 at 8:30 am #

Hot mess indeed.

18. Christine November 24, 2014 at 1:30 am #

This is not a good look. Shame because her hair and makeup is on point. She is a gorgeous girl and while I admire her love of fashion, but sometimes she really does try way too hard.