11.06.13

Beyonce Knowles In Roberto Cavalli – Mrs Carter World Tour

Beyonce Knowles In Roberto Cavalli - Mrs Carter World Tour

We’ve seen many looks worn by Beyonce Knowles from her Mrs Carter World Tour, which kick-started back in April.

The latest new look comes courtesy of Roberto Cavalli.

Beyonce wore this muslin-silk multicolour print dress featuring gold barocco embroideries and double thigh-high slits.

Often we find ourselves loving the sketch more than the eventual creation; however, I’m feeling the vibrancy and sex appeal of the look translated very well in real life.

Beyonce surely did work the look to its maximum potential. There is no mistaking this is a Cavalli creation.

Credit: Roberto Cavalli & iam.beyonce.com

22 Comments
Angelina Jolie's Saint Laurent 'Paris' Pumps

Angelina Jolie’s Saint Laurent ‘Paris’ Pumps

Jessica Chastain's Givenchy Suede Ankle Strap Sandals

Jessica Chastain’s Givenchy Suede Ankle Strap Sandals

22 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Roberto Cavalli – Mrs Carter World Tour

1. Yeliz June 11, 2013 at 22:28 #

This look is just tacky and too revealing and her hair is making it even worse. I can’t even give it a pass as a performance look.

• Prudence June 11, 2013 at 22:33 #

if she was wearing this to an event yes it would be but remember this is a stage outfit and this is beyonce!! she is killing it, imagine her dancing and how that dress will move!

• justme June 11, 2013 at 23:07 #

Exactly. You can watch YT vids of her performing to get the full effect. All of her dancers are wearing similar flowy long dresses and it looks super pretty.

• priya June 11, 2013 at 22:36 #

I agree- its vulgar. In Nina Garcia’s inmitable style- I question the taste that would make a choice like this!!!

• priya June 11, 2013 at 22:46 #

Looks like something Rihanna would wear- but at least she has the body for it.

• CreoleLady June 12, 2013 at 01:24 #

This is one instance when I like reality better than the sketch because of the colors (more purple tones) and the print (I can see at least one marvelously exotic bird). Great performance look.

• dee June 13, 2013 at 13:10 #

+1000.

• EmmaWoodhouse June 14, 2013 at 17:25 #

I totally agree. Tacky tacky tacky. It’s so in-your-face. There are other ways to make an impact with performance.

2. justme June 11, 2013 at 23:09 #

I don’t like the embroideries, they’re too Cavalli if you know what I mean lol, but everything else works for me.

3. Dhppy June 12, 2013 at 00:07 #

I tend to find Cavalli tacky and this dress is a good example of that… in everyday life. However, for a performer on stage, I think it’s a smart choice.

4. KatieKate June 12, 2013 at 00:36 #

If this is not an acceptable stage performance ensemble, then I wonder what would be in your minds? We have come to expect a certain level of theatricality and visual stimulation. I doubt that one could conjure up something that would not only provide those aspects, yet remain what they would consider “tasteful”.

5. Cookie June 12, 2013 at 00:48 #

I am a design student and am SHOCKED at how hideous a lot of these sketches by some of my favourite designers tend to be. My style is naturalistic and my proportions tend to be more average. Making Beyoncé look that twig-like obliterates what makes her beautiful in the first place, no matter how pretty the end result (i.e. clothing)is. It’s just not necessary to stylize that much and it sends the wrong message. There are girls who curvy, and girls who are stick thin, everyone is different but Beyoncé is NOT like that Cavalli sketch.

• Kathy June 12, 2013 at 03:25 #

Fashion sketches always exaggerate the wearer’s figure. They’re not supposed to be very realistic. Fashion is fantasy. No one acutally expects Beyonce to have those proportions. Mannquins, too, have extra-long limbs and tiny waists, but that doesn’t mean real people have to have those things to look good. It’s simply for effect, to show off the clothing in the most “fantasy-like” way possible.

• kane June 12, 2013 at 03:54 #

I see your point, but that sketch is excessively hideous. It’s not fantasy, it’s Barbie who wouldn’t be able to walk in real life because her legs are too long.

• Cookie June 12, 2013 at 06:18 #

Oh don’t get me wrong. Fantasy is great. But this is just fugly. Like botox done right is nice but this is botox gone horribly, horribly wrong.

• Kathy June 13, 2013 at 00:15 #

But is fantasy always universally, aesthetically pleasing? I’m just trying to say that like everything in fashion, sketches are unique to the designer’s perspective. They don’t aim to represent the wearer’s real figure. Kind of like a visual hyperbole, no? Everyone has different standards, and that’s why we see different styles of sketches. If your drawings have more realistic proportions than most, great. If you find this one atrocious, that’s fine too. But I find it slightly unfair to criticize the designer for a sketch.

6. Christine June 12, 2013 at 02:29 #

Passable for a performance look but the dress itself is ugly.

7. mattison June 12, 2013 at 08:01 #

I like the dress better actually seeing it on her, but THAT HAIR- parched, over processed, and dated. I much prefer a darker, warmer shade of blond on her than these borderline platinum styles she’s been wearing lately, stage performance or not.

8. Jolene June 12, 2013 at 08:28 #

Nothing new under the sun. Tacky as ever. I am curious you deleted one of my previous comment on her,saying exactly and nothing more than she looked tacky then, neverthless you allow others with the very same opinion?

9. Rashmi June 12, 2013 at 09:53 #

As a Stage outfit.. the colors, the vibrancy, the flow of the dress is GREAAT !!! Cavalli or not, she is looking gorgeous…

10. Pam June 12, 2013 at 14:04 #

The print is really quite gorgeous. The gold embroidery is a little over the top, but then it is meant to be seen from the audience so you have to over do it a little. I don’t think it’s vulgar. You see more skin on the girls at the mall. The slits are high, but then Beyonce usually doesn’t even wear pants on stage. And even though it is a costume, I’d rather see this than the see-through caftans Jessica Simpson wore in the streets of Italy. At least she’s got the private parts covered. Lastly, maybe if designers drew more realistic figures women wouldn’t be subjected to such ridiculous body image expectations. If the person who is making the clothes is designing for a body type that even a model can’t live up to what chance does the average woman have?

11. Nat39 June 12, 2013 at 19:29 #

This is a FANTASTIC performance look, absolutely beautiful, vibrant, delicate, sexy, exotic, and Beyonce is rocking it, love it.