Samantha Barks In Christian Dior – ‘Le Passe’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Samantha Barks In Christian Dior -  ‘Le Passe’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Samantha Barks glided down the red carpet at the Palais des Festivals for the premiere of ‘Le Passé’ during the 2013 Cannes Film Festival in France this evening.

The ‘Les Mis’ actress wore a Christian Dior Spring 2013 look.

Sticking to her favoured all-black, Sam’s skirt, which was styled with a cashmere sweater, is considerably longer to the just-above-the ankle length versions we saw on the runway, giving a more glamorous feel to her look.

Inspired by the runway styling, Sam wore her hair back in a tight bun with a pop of colour coming via her lips.

As she took to the steps, you could see her black Dior pumps with a gold cuff completing her look.

I think I might be coming down with something, as the minimalistic trend is really winning me over this year.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zooey Deschanel's Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Zooey Deschanel’s Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 3 of Cannes Film Festival 2013?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 3 of Cannes Film Festival 2013?

28 Responses to Samantha Barks In Christian Dior – ‘Le Passe’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Charlotte May 17, 2013 at 19:54 #

I don’t understand all this Dior dress, nothing interesting, they all look the same and they don’t flatter anyone.

• Prudence May 18, 2013 at 01:26 #

agreed. another dior, another mediocre look.

• Christine May 18, 2013 at 04:19 #

Right? Is she attending a funeral? Not liking this at all.

2. Moxie May 17, 2013 at 19:55 #

The dress would have been alright as presented on the runway. Not great, but alright. But this all-black version is awful. There is not one thing I like about this look.

• DSI May 17, 2013 at 20:15 #

+1, seriously–just a loosely tucked in shapeless skirt and black sweater on RC? leave alone Cannes!

3. Ismael Pecero May 17, 2013 at 20:01 #

It’s hard and painful to admit but… I think we all have gowns and embelishment overdose.

4. R May 17, 2013 at 20:01 #

These Dior collections just aren’t diverse enough to have so many women wearing them in such a short span of time. It’s boring and it’s gotten to the point that they all look bad to me.

This one in particular is just a sad sack of a dress with zero points of interest. Add to that the lame hair and makeup and I’m wondering why they even bothered.

I say if you’re going to fail, fail spectacularly.

5. Nat39 May 17, 2013 at 20:02 #

This is so one-note dark, gloomy and depressing, makes me wanna ask who died.

• Yeliz May 17, 2013 at 20:06 #

Ditto.

6. Nat May 17, 2013 at 20:03 #

Why these ladies keep wearing this dress? It is so boring plus everyone already wore it. Try something different.

7. Alina May 17, 2013 at 20:16 #

I like this. It’s simple and chic.

8. fromchi-town May 17, 2013 at 20:19 #

Don’t like it at all. And so many women have worn in such a short span. And this one is particularly gloomy and dark.

9. gidget bananas May 17, 2013 at 20:22 #

I love minimal, but too minimal is nothing: I prefer the runway look. This version looks like a formal nun’s habit. She could have at least worn a necklace or big earings to mark the occasion.

10. kane May 17, 2013 at 20:29 #

Black with black with black, and some dark brown hair. I guess black lipstick wasn’t available.

11. Kathy May 17, 2013 at 20:29 #

Dreadful. The runway version has a classic, 50s vintage feel but Samantha’s is just plain dated.

12. Marybeth May 17, 2013 at 20:48 #

I will be the dissenting voice and say that I really like this simple all-black look.
    But for springtime at Cannes? NO. This would be good for an artsy, urban party in January. Here it looks far too somber and wintry.

13. Anna May 17, 2013 at 21:12 #

She looks like Jessie J

14. Rebecca Z May 17, 2013 at 21:34 #

I love the runway version, but not this one. This is just too monotone. It might have worked better with some interesting jewlery, but the sweater doesn’t fit her right, her hair is too severe and I think the length of the skirt kills the concept of this dress.

15. Leeann May 17, 2013 at 22:29 #

I hate to say I told you so….
    Having said that why would anyone where the all black version when the runway look is perfection

16. Blush May 17, 2013 at 22:50 #

I think the minimalist trend was working way better 2 or 3 years ago when the likes of Zoe Saldana and Claire Danes were working it at events. I’m not loving the minimalist at Cannes looks. This is too much black. Makes me think of a trash bag.

17. sherrie Golden May 17, 2013 at 23:37 #

The runway model picture is okay! I don’t like the black on black look. Another nice colored body suit would have suited the skirt. This is not an impressive look for the Red Carpet. I would not recommend. I’d like to see more competitive dresses on the Red Carpet.

18. Alicat May 18, 2013 at 03:01 #

This is so dark and somber – almost depressing. It has nothing to add to the festive atmosphere of Cannes. Black can be dramatc and sexy when used for the right gown and styled appropriately, but here it is just a vast expanse made even more overpowering by the long sleeves, voluminous skirt and severe hairdo. I do not like!

19. Chloé May 18, 2013 at 11:59 #

Missing a BIG diamond necklace here…

20. Kat May 18, 2013 at 12:08 #

The runway version looks so much better. I might have liked this if she had added a dash of color, shoes, accessories – just something vibrant to elevate the drabness.

21. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2013 at 17:10 #

Her gorgeous face is almost unrecognizable underneath that makeup. The harsh hairstyle is aging. The dress is boring, blah, funereal, and doing nothing for her.

22. Jess2 May 19, 2013 at 03:10 #

Unfortunately this is quite underwhelming, especially considering it is Cannes and we have seen some absolutely amazing dresses so far.

23. 6Wing May 19, 2013 at 03:20 #

I really love this dress on runway, don’t really like it on Samantha :/

24. Parvati May 19, 2013 at 13:16 #

Although I liked Dior’s Spring Summer collection, I really dislike the styling of gorgeous skirts paired with those simple black sweaters, which look way too casual, just like here, with Samantha Barks. I wish she had opted for a colourful, more impressive top.