25.02.13

Renée Zellweger In Carolina Herrera – 2013 Oscars

ReneeZellwegerCarolinaHerrera

Renée Zellweger, who presented at the award ceremony, brought a gleaming gold look to the 2013 Oscars in Los Angeles on Sunday.

Clad in her go-to designer, Carolina Herrera, Renée looked very statuesque in a curve-hugging sequined gown. Renée’s gown offered an element of surprise from the back with a small train and keyhole cutouts with red velvet bow details.

The actress styled her gown with ruby and diamond bangles from Van Cleef & Arpels and a gilded box clutch.

While Renée’s dress was beautiful, her hair and makeup style was underdone for the occasion, as it looked like she pulled her hair back at the last minute.

What do you think of Renée’s beauty and gown choices?

Credit: Getty

Astrid Bergès-Frisbey In Chanel - 'I Origins' New York Screening

Astrid Bergès-Frisbey In Chanel – ‘I Origins’ New York Screening

Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – 2013 Oscars

Salma Hayek In Alexander McQueen – 2013 Oscars

27 Responses to Renée Zellweger In Carolina Herrera – 2013 Oscars

1. Christine February 25, 2013 at 05:19 #

Her body looks nice in this dress. The dress fits her like a glove.

2. arwa February 25, 2013 at 05:20 #

This is for me is a bad copy of Diane Kruger’s Calvin Klein look in the Cannes.

3. Lydia February 25, 2013 at 05:28 #

I think her dress fit her to perfection but found the colour to be very draining, especially when paired with her minimalistic makeup and haphazardly arranged hair. This was not Renee at her best.

4. Prudence February 25, 2013 at 05:28 #

she looks like a homeless woman from the neck up.

5. Marlie February 25, 2013 at 05:43 #

I think the colour washes her out. She should of replaced the bracelets with the same colour earrings. I’m not liking her hair and make up either.

• Yeliz February 25, 2013 at 06:22 #

6. KellieB February 25, 2013 at 06:15 #

Did anybody else notice how she seemed unstable, unable to read the cards, and sweaty like she had the flu or something?

7. pipsqueak February 25, 2013 at 06:19 #

I used to like Renee a lot in her Jerry Maguire days. But I’ve found her mousy, uptight and pretentiously polite since Chicago, which also shows in the ways she dresses and presents herself. The dress fit her so well and she has a great body but I just don’t feel she owned her look the way Gwyneth Paltrow did with her silver Calvin Klein or white Tom Ford. She didn’t seem confident and the hair tonight made it worse.

8. Joy February 25, 2013 at 06:32 #

Triple Ick. I like Renee a lot, but she isn’t the best on the red carpet. The dress is bad, and her hair is bad. I agree she looks like she took 5 minutes to get ready and just threw her dress on with normal everyday makeup. Not the polished look we all would have loved to root for.

9. Yolonda February 25, 2013 at 07:31 #

There is not a thing I like about this look… I find the gown tacky and unflattering on Renee; the bodice looks like a cheap american apparel lamé bodysuit. The hair is a shocking disaster and those bangles aren’t working either. She looks uncomfortable also… maybe she felt she needed to wear this out of loyalty to Carolina. Not good.

10. regina February 25, 2013 at 09:35 #

The dress is alright, although rather forgettable. The hair and make up really do look like an afterthought. Her poses are so funny though!

11. Beta February 25, 2013 at 09:44 #

she’s already worn golden CH to the oscars. She looks pretty but its not my favourite CH moment from her.

12. Moxie February 25, 2013 at 13:17 #

The dress fits her beautifully, but it is the wrong color for her. And the hair is a mess.

13. AnderBoBo February 25, 2013 at 13:17 #

I actualy love the gown but the styling has really deflated what could have been a major va-va-voom moment. There is really no excuse for that hair.

14. Stephanie February 25, 2013 at 14:08 #

Dress fits her amazing, though a different color would have complimented her coloring better…

I always feel like I can just exchange her head on any occasion…she doesn’t seem to change her look if she is at the Oscars or brunch. All pretty ultra casual (last minute) and little makeup.

15. vicky February 25, 2013 at 15:00 #

One of the worst of the night for me. I always have a hard time warming to Renee as she always has a “frozen”(too much botox) persona about her.

16. EmmaWoodhouse February 25, 2013 at 15:05 #

From the front this is OK, a little generic. The back is way too low cut, though I like the red touches that match her bracelet. The hair looks undone.

17. Lou February 25, 2013 at 15:44 #

The way she kept squinting and was not able to read the winner off the card we thought she was going blind or something!! She was either so drunk or high or blind that she couldn’t function. Queen Latifa picked up on that so fast and read the winner card for her or that could have been very awkward for her!! Oh wait, it was still very awkward the way she stood there and swayed!! Her hair had that just been layed look. She did not look like a movie star!

18. Carla February 25, 2013 at 15:47 #

She looks like she just woke up with the bad hair and makeup. it ruined for me.

19. Felicia February 25, 2013 at 15:50 #

The fit of the dress is perfection but the colour ruins everything.

Don’t get how she ignored the hair and make-up, they could’ve saved this look

20. S-R February 25, 2013 at 16:11 #

I will certainly pass on this head-to-toe look…

21. Parvati February 25, 2013 at 16:43 #

Although I agree about the undone hair, I really like this look from her, especially taking into account that I’m usually bored by her style.

22. Camille February 25, 2013 at 16:58 #

The dress was fine, but the hair and makeup were a disaster. On top of that her affect was odd and she seemed drunk. Swaying as she stood on stage, looking off in different directions. Perpetually squinting and then akwardly being unable to read anything. Perhaps she forgot her glasses or contacts, but if that is the case let your fellow presenters know so they don’t stick the envelope in your face and expect you to read. Very odd. She looked sweaty and squinty and didn’t do the dress any favors.

23. Stel February 25, 2013 at 18:24 #

Very bad.. The dress is swalowing her.. And that hair and that make up over and over again..

24. Dhppy February 25, 2013 at 23:32 #

The dress fits extremely well, but it seems like a late 90s dress. Also, the color does nothing for her.

25. ash February 26, 2013 at 02:21 #

What is that look on her face?

26. Leo February 26, 2013 at 02:38 #

Love her bangles, and that’s it.