Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2013 Oscars

oscars-jennifer-lawrence

Best actress nominee Jennifer Lawrence stunned as she made her way down the red carpet Sunday at the 2013 Oscars held at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.

The young ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ actress wore Dior Haute Couture for her big night, and the dress made a big impact.

By choosing to wear a delicate Chopard necklace down her back, Jennifer is undoubtably restarting a back jewelry trend, and I’m eager to see how quickly it takes off.

Jennifer’s flawless skin and subtle smokey eyes keep her makeup look fresh and young, which keeps the voluminous dress from aging her. I have a feeling people will be crying ‘wedding gown’ on this one, but I think it’s stunning and perfectly apropos for the occasion.

_ARC0520.450x675

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Armani Privé - 2013 Oscars

Jessica Chastain In Armani Privé – 2013 Oscars

Amanda Seyfried In Alexander McQueen – 2013 Oscars

Amanda Seyfried In Alexander McQueen – 2013 Oscars

77 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2013 Oscars

1. Ella February 25, 2013 at 00:48 #

I absolutely love this look. Absolutely love it. It’s elegant, feminine, she looks amazing…..yeah ;-) One of my top picks

2. shontay February 25, 2013 at 00:50 #

I like this. It’s her princess moment without being too sweet. When she’s tried edgy, it has failed. Good job, Jenn.

3. Cindy February 25, 2013 at 00:52 #

She looks so stunning from the neck up, she could be wearing a trash bag and still look gorgeous.

4. ash February 25, 2013 at 00:52 #

Finally, the moment where JLaw nails Dior Couture on the head

• Rashmi February 25, 2013 at 09:24 #

+1. FINALLLLLLYYY !!! Love it!

5. SilentVisitor February 25, 2013 at 00:52 #

She Looks great and is gorgeous….it looks a lot like a wedding gown maybe because of the color…… anyway better than her previous award appearances.

6. gurlygurl February 25, 2013 at 00:53 #

I love it, it’s delicate, romantic and elegant. She looks perfectly pretty! I like the back jewelry!

7. JGH February 25, 2013 at 00:53 #

This dress on anyone other than JLAW would have been meh but she brings a special something to it.

8. EmmaWoodhouse February 25, 2013 at 00:54 #

I have a feeling that this will be divisive, but I love it! It’s fun, fresh, youthful and classy. She is one of the few blondes who can carry off a very pale pink dress. I love the full skirt, and her diamonds are lovely–wearing the necklace backwards was an interesting choice. Actually the only part of this I’m not super fond of is that it’s strapless (I would loved it with off the shoulder cap sleeves). Other than that, I’m happy with Jennifer’s winning look!

9. Lara February 25, 2013 at 00:54 #

Hated it… Awful!

• S-R February 25, 2013 at 16:52 #

I don’t fancy this look either. I simply don’t get why everyone if falling head over heels for this look. WAIT… I’m sensing a Jennifer falling head over heels word play in there somewhere.

10. Christine February 25, 2013 at 00:54 #

Wow, so gorgeous. Tired of the nude color but she looks phenomenal. Great choice for the big day!

11. vicky February 25, 2013 at 00:55 #

You’re right, my first thought was “too bridal”.
    Like it from the waist up. The rest doesn’t excite me…

• Alina February 25, 2013 at 16:23 #

12. Ramsay February 25, 2013 at 00:56 #

Yes it’s a superb gown – grand, gorgeous, bold – the jewellery is special too – but I don’t think she pulls it off – she’s too young, her smile is very innocent to pull this off – she can’t, maybe Charlize could’ve pulled it off (sure she could) and I think this gown requires someone whose looks are that exceptional to really show off – I’m sorry but as it stands, this gown is wearing her and not the other way around – and I cannot see J Law’s personality underneath – in some ways I don’t think there is much fit between her and Dior

• Foteini P. February 25, 2013 at 12:47 #

well said!

13. jones19 February 25, 2013 at 00:57 #

Finally a Dior that I like on her. It’s not bridal at all IMO. Love the back necklace!

14. TL February 25, 2013 at 00:57 #

Flawless! Stunning and elegant. Love it especially her hair and makeups.

15. moja31 February 25, 2013 at 00:57 #

She looks pretty enough, but I still maintain that her partnership with Dior is misguided. All of her less than successful red carpet turns have been in their contractually obligated gowns, even her ads were underwhelming. I love her, but she doesn’t have the necessary presence to work Dior Couture the way Marion and Charlize do.

16. Mandy February 25, 2013 at 00:59 #

Very predictable, i think almost everyone guessed that she would wear this gown. That being said she looks lovely, the fit is perfect. Stunning.

17. Nat39 February 25, 2013 at 01:01 #

Too bridal and mature for her.

18. zineb February 25, 2013 at 01:02 #

shocked coz people magazine predicted that she would wear this dress ! they got it right for once !

19. zineb February 25, 2013 at 01:03 #

shocked coz people magazine predicted that she would wear this dress ! they got it right for once!

• jessicamarantelli February 25, 2013 at 01:24 #

There werent many Dior looks left from this collection so it wasnt hard to predict…especially after my favourite (and I believe FC’s) was worn by Marion Cotillard at the Bafta’s. We all knew she was going in Dior and I love this look.

20. arang February 25, 2013 at 01:04 #

I like this. It’s sweet without being sugary. The color and shape flatters her. The hair, makeup, and jewelry are lovely. She looks her age. I could wish for a little more pop, but this is good. She looks lovely.

21. Sharade February 25, 2013 at 01:06 #

I absolutely love this look ! She is gorgeous !

22. justme February 25, 2013 at 01:13 #

She looks pretty.
    But this isn’t exciting. Too much neutral colours on the red carpet for my taste.

23. anjos February 25, 2013 at 01:14 #

One word: bridal.

24. jessicamarantelli February 25, 2013 at 01:21 #

I LOVE Jennifer Lawrence in this Dior… it took my breath away when she came on to the E red carpet. I cant wait to see her on the stage and with another perfect accessory added to this look…his name is Oscar.

• jessicamarantelli February 25, 2013 at 05:25 #

…and despite a fall up the stairs (in case i get introuble ………Spoiler Alert ) ….
      she walked away best dressed on the night with the best bit of bling(Oscar) that you could want. I am so happy for her. Just loved SLP and love her in this gown.

25. Elise February 25, 2013 at 01:23 #

More than the dress (the bodice remarks her curves in a perfect way), it’s her face the key of her look. She looks relaxed and happy, in other events her face was completely different and was conditioning the look for bad. She is so beautiful here that I don’t mind so much the combo jennifer-dior should end asap.

26. TeaAtTwo February 25, 2013 at 01:23 #

She looks very pretty and elegant and is her best gown look of this award season but this gown is probably what everyone predicted she would wear for tonight.

27. Emmeline February 25, 2013 at 01:26 #

This is the first time I’ve really loved her in Dior. The backwards necklace looks great.

28. Betelgeuze February 25, 2013 at 01:29 #

I really like it. A bit predictable, but thankfully the dress looks much better on Jen than it looked on the runway model. Love the hair and makeup and I absolutely adore the necklace – I just wish she was more of a diva and properly showed it off. When I first saw her on the online broadcast I thought pouffy and pretty enough, but as I noticed the delicate necklace hanging down her back, that’s what made the look for me.

29. Prudence February 25, 2013 at 01:41 #

I will nver cease to say this ( until this collab dies of course) but this collab is aweful. This dress would look fab in an editorial but horried on a red carpet. I’m missing her calvin klein red dress perfection.

30. Mol February 25, 2013 at 01:51 #

So far, my second favorite. She looks lovely, innocent and the details on the dress are magical. The Dior moment came together for her here without a doubt.

31. MaddyEliza February 25, 2013 at 02:02 #

It took me a little while to warm up to this but I really like it!! I do hate the back jewellery, but the dress is stunning and so are the earrings, updo, and clutch. Go JLaw!! ;)

32. Luella February 25, 2013 at 02:04 #

I love this dress!!! How much do you think it retails for?

• Derro February 25, 2013 at 13:50 #

It’s haute couture – it doesn’t retail for anything haha

33. Luella February 25, 2013 at 02:17 #

So stunning!! How much does the dress retail for?

34. Fromchi-town February 25, 2013 at 03:05 #

She looks beautiful no doubt…but it’s not a look that would be memorable. She is young, she is the girl of the moment… She shud be wearing something more special. Her partnership with Dior is not my cup of tea.

35. taksi February 25, 2013 at 03:44 #

It feels like it’s missing a little something, may be a bolder lip colour?

36. Moxie February 25, 2013 at 03:56 #

I like it from the waist up. Not a fan of that voluminous bottom part.

37. Yeliz February 25, 2013 at 04:33 #

Oh my God, I can’t believe she wore the gown which I had in my mind for her ever since I watched the Dior Couture show. Seriously, I thought she will wear another ill fitted Dior gown, but the fact that she wore this heavenly piece, really made me jump! :)
    She looks fantastic. I loved the gown since I first saw it on the runway and I love it on Jennifer. I have no complaints, this has to be one of her best looks ever.

• Camille February 25, 2013 at 17:10 #

Ditto! This was my pick for her from the collection and I’m so happy she chose it. I thought she was perfect, young, lovely and glowing. Hair and makeup were perfect, and I actually loved the delicate necklace draped down her back. One of her best looks ever indeed!

38. Lashae February 25, 2013 at 05:25 #

Dress is good from the waist up. The bottom is so overwhelming and ugly. This Dior/Lawrence collaboration I’m still not feeling.

39. Tiffany February 25, 2013 at 05:34 #

I am not a pink person but I LOVE this dress. It is such a Hollywood princess dress. I love her hair and makeup. Her necklace is perfect. A+ best dressed!

40. Matlock February 25, 2013 at 05:50 #

Lame, it’s basically the same dress that she wore at GG, but in another color. And a i hate the cut of these dresses in the hip area.

41. the ogre February 25, 2013 at 05:52 #

i think she looked great! where else would you wear it other than the oscars (maybe cannes)??? but i think the necklace was unnecessary. the rest of her is gorgeous. the craft is a beauty. everyone looked so good on TV!!!YAYIEEE!

42. Aline February 25, 2013 at 06:02 #

If the dress making her fall down during her big moment wasn’t enough to prove to her that signing with Dior was a mistake I swear to God I don’t know what else is.

But anyway, yeah, too bridal.

I like her hair and makeup, though.

• Kathy February 26, 2013 at 03:08 #

I don’t think it was her dress that made her fall (she’d been walking in it perfectly beforehand). It was probably a combination of nerves, excitement, and rushing to get up the steps to accept her award.

• Kathy February 26, 2013 at 18:27 #

On second thought, it was indeed the dress that caused her to fall. (That’s not to say she couldn’t have collaborated with another designer and worn a ball gown with a huge skirt that wasn’t Dior)

43. Ericka February 25, 2013 at 06:55 #

Not a fan. Reads very bridal to me. Pretty yes, but boring princessy bridal.

44. ISIK MATER February 25, 2013 at 07:24 #

Hate it!! It’s wedding material and made her fall as expected :/

45. Andy February 25, 2013 at 09:37 #

I dont mind the design of the gown but I hate the heaviness of the material. It looks like a doona.

46. Kat February 25, 2013 at 09:41 #

It needed more color. I wish she opted for a ruby necklace rather than that bland long diamond one.

47. Amy February 25, 2013 at 10:04 #

it’s pretty but not memorable. Anyway who cares? She WON!!

48. Dan Oliver February 25, 2013 at 11:27 #

I love it she looks spectacular this was defiantly her moment

49. Derro February 25, 2013 at 13:51 #

I’m not the biggest fan of this silhouette, but if you’re going to do it you might as well do it right, which is what JLaw did! BDOTW IMO.

50. dee February 25, 2013 at 14:09 #

I don’t really like this.

51. J February 25, 2013 at 14:13 #

I don’t love this dress (I’m just not a ball gown person) but you have to give it to Dior on material. This and Marion’s yellow gown – the fabric looks so rich and textured. It photographs beautifully.

52. Colleen February 25, 2013 at 14:15 #

Love everything from head to toe. My 2nd favorite of the night, right behind Naomi Watts.

53. Susan February 25, 2013 at 14:45 #

When you say ballgown, this is what you mean. I love it.

54. JJovana February 25, 2013 at 15:41 #

BEST DRESSED OF THE NIGHT. She finally nailed a Dior gown. I love everything about this.

55. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 25, 2013 at 16:05 #

Alright, our Best Actress winner wears Dior AGAIN!!! Although this dress is quite stunning, but the overall look is quite “Toilet Paper Roll” undone!! Perhaps the hemline should be modified or whatever… it feels too bridal and crumpled to me!! No matter how Jen congrats on the Best Actress win!!

56. Parvati February 25, 2013 at 16:20 #

I like the idea of the necklace falling down the back, but that’s pretty much it. The hairstyle isn’t the most flattering on her and I don’t like the silhouette of the dress.

57. anne g February 25, 2013 at 17:32 #

she’s beautiful here but i prefer her ck dress for vanity fair after party. She’s AMAZING and Sexy

58. Kathy February 25, 2013 at 18:32 #

I love how regal this is. Jen looks absolutely flawless. It’s a very grown-up kind of princessy, more minimalist, with no ruffles or fuss. I love how it’s unabashedly voluminous, but doesn’t overwhelm Jen.

59. Stel February 25, 2013 at 18:45 #

YES! YES!

60. robbie February 25, 2013 at 18:50 #

from the neck up she looks gorgeous, but the dress forgive me but it looks terrible it reminds me of a toilet roll cover my gran had with a little doll that was inside the tube.

61. stella February 25, 2013 at 20:24 #

Perfection from head to toe. This was definitely her moment. She looks heavenly.

62. Liz February 26, 2013 at 00:42 #

I didn’t like it at first, but now I do. I think I was sold when she walked across the stage to present. The dress looked so pretty and floaty.

63. Kane February 26, 2013 at 04:51 #

Best dress of the night! Perfect from head to toes!

64. rebecca o February 26, 2013 at 07:01 #

I really don’t like this. She looks like a young girl in her mother’s wedding dress.

65. JC February 27, 2013 at 00:56 #

I really like this, especially the train at the back, the dress looks so much better from the back

66. sefika February 27, 2013 at 04:15 #

I really like Jennifer lawrence she looks so pretty.The best dress of the night!

67. Jess2 March 1, 2013 at 14:48 #

At first I didn’t like it, but I have come around and am loving it more all the time. Perfect dress for the Oscars!