14.02.13

Marchesa Fall 2013

Marchesa Fall 2013

The Marchesa Fall 2013 collection was even more grand and romantic than previous seasons.

Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman served up luxurious pieces many starlets will be clamouring for, especially with the Oscars around the corner – in fact, I’m sure some of the gowns are making their way to LA at this very moment.

The show opened with a bold red embroidered coat before swiftly moving on to tea-length dresses – some with sheer balloon sleeves – off-the shoulder gowns, and one-shoulder gowns with asymmetrical tiers, plus many satin gowns with tulle hems.

The romanticism was really captured with the slow movement of the models and the flowing trains of the last few looks. You couldn’t help but be entranced as the fuchsia strapless gown made its way around the runway.

Gold floral embroidery featured heavily within this collection; the detail up close was simply exquisite.

Marchesa’s range of bags extended once again this season. Larger bags with chain accents and envelope clutches featured in this collection, with Christian Louboutin providing the footwear.

Which ones can you picture on the red carpet on Oscar night?

Front Row: Jada Pinkett Smith, Louise Roe, Lake Bell, Olivia Palermo, Miley Cyrus and her mum

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Keira Knightley, Mila Kunis, Anne Hathaway, Alicia Vikander, Stacy Keibler, Kerry Washington, Katy Perry, Jaimie Alexander, Rachel Weisz, Krysten Ritter

Favourites: Look 29, Look 28, Look 23 and Look 20

Credit: Style.com

Michelle Williams In Prada - ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ LA Premiere

Michelle Williams In Prada – ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ LA Premiere

Rachel Weisz In Victoria Beckham - ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ LA Premiere

Rachel Weisz In Victoria Beckham – ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ LA Premiere

18 Responses to Marchesa Fall 2013

1. Anj February 14, 2013 at 17:25 #

I was getting really tired of Marchesa’s repetitive looks in the past seasons, but this is actually one of my favorite collections for this Fashion Week.

I think there is more play on silhouettes and use of different fabrics which gives a breath of fresh air to the outfits.

Looks 5, 11, 15, 20, 22, 23, 26, and 28 are amazing, but my very favorite is 29 (top left).

• Marcela February 14, 2013 at 17:32 #

Agree!

2. Sara / Toranj London February 14, 2013 at 17:32 #

I loved all your favourite looks plus Looks 19 and 25. Specially Look 25 although it’s got a very Vivien Westwood – like bustier structure. It is very elegant.

3. serapart February 14, 2013 at 17:48 #

didnt like one single piece from the collection, the colours and fabrics looked cheap, not to mention half of them were knock-offs… grr :/

• adrian February 16, 2013 at 21:19 #

+1 – indeed. Cheap and heavy.

4. Nat39 February 14, 2013 at 17:51 #

Look 29 is spectacular indeed. Looks 28,23,20 – those are gorgeous picks, spot-on. Also find looks 25 and 27 interesting, can live without look 22.

5. Marybeth February 14, 2013 at 18:16 #

WOW! I think I like this collection better than any by Marchesa that I can remember.
    There are so many great possibilities here!

6. TeaAtTwo February 14, 2013 at 19:25 #

Much better than last season’s awful collection. Some really stunning gowns that could look epic on the red carpet.

7. robbie February 14, 2013 at 20:37 #

beautiful collection, it does have a slight westwood/mcqueen vibe to it. the shoes though i love the marchesa and louboutin collaborations!

8. dee February 14, 2013 at 21:09 #

Some nice pieces in this collection.

9. effieee February 14, 2013 at 21:36 #

I don’t like how Look 23 is essentially a full length version of this, with minor alterations.

10. Pedro February 14, 2013 at 22:24 #

Look 23 = epic

I want this dress for Anne at the Oscar

11. EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2013 at 22:32 #

Love: pretty much everything. This is my favorite collection so far–breathtakingly gorgeous, ethereal, dreamy, dramatic. It’s such a step up from their previous few collections, which, with the exception of the India-inspired one, had been a bit mired in tulle and frippery. My fave looks are also FC’s! :) Plus Look 26
    Not feeling: some looks were a bit too revealing, and there were a few cases where I would ahve preferred a different length.

12. Christine February 15, 2013 at 04:27 #

Not feeling this collection.

• rivalta February 15, 2013 at 11:37 #

The same old drama of the overused 19th century drama and the same overwrought elements of needlework,brocades that looks like it is intended to one of the images being processioned on Seville’s Semana Santa and the heavily vulgarization of extreme romanticizing of elegance…..

13. Sierra February 15, 2013 at 05:24 #

I ahve not been this swept away by a collection in years. Maybe it’s the original McQueen vibe, but this is absolutely spectacular.

14. Dhppy February 15, 2013 at 06:39 #

I fully expect to see looks 12, 23 and 29 at the Oscars.

15. KiloGolf February 23, 2013 at 03:46 #

Does anyone know the label of the dress that Miley Cyrus was wearing when she attended this show?