Marchesa Fall 2013

Marchesa Fall 2013

The Marchesa Fall 2013 collection was even more grand and romantic than previous seasons.

Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman served up luxurious pieces many starlets will be clamouring for, especially with the Oscars around the corner – in fact, I’m sure some of the gowns are making their way to LA at this very moment.

The show opened with a bold red embroidered coat before swiftly moving on to tea-length dresses – some with sheer balloon sleeves – off-the shoulder gowns, and one-shoulder gowns with asymmetrical tiers, plus many satin gowns with tulle hems.

The romanticism was really captured with the slow movement of the models and the flowing trains of the last few looks. You couldn’t help but be entranced as the fuchsia strapless gown made its way around the runway.

Gold floral embroidery featured heavily within this collection; the detail up close was simply exquisite.

Marchesa’s range of bags extended once again this season. Larger bags with chain accents and envelope clutches featured in this collection, with Christian Louboutin providing the footwear.

Which ones can you picture on the red carpet on Oscar night?

Front Row: Jada Pinkett Smith, Louise Roe, Lake Bell, Olivia Palermo, Miley Cyrus and her mum

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Keira Knightley, Mila Kunis, Anne Hathaway, Alicia Vikander, Stacy Keibler, Kerry Washington, Katy Perry, Jaimie Alexander, Rachel Weisz, Krysten Ritter

Favourites: Look 29, Look 28, Look 23 and Look 20

Credit: Style.com

18 thoughts on “Marchesa Fall 2013

1. Anj

I was getting really tired of Marchesa’s repetitive looks in the past seasons, but this is actually one of my favorite collections for this Fashion Week.

I think there is more play on silhouettes and use of different fabrics which gives a breath of fresh air to the outfits.

Looks 5, 11, 15, 20, 22, 23, 26, and 28 are amazing, but my very favorite is 29 (top left).

2. Nat39

Look 29 is spectacular indeed. Looks 28,23,20 – those are gorgeous picks, spot-on. Also find looks 25 and 27 interesting, can live without look 22.

3. Marybeth

WOW! I think I like this collection better than any by Marchesa that I can remember.
    There are so many great possibilities here!

4. TeaAtTwo

Much better than last season’s awful collection. Some really stunning gowns that could look epic on the red carpet.

5. robbie

beautiful collection, it does have a slight westwood/mcqueen vibe to it. the shoes though i love the marchesa and louboutin collaborations!

6. EmmaWoodhouse

Love: pretty much everything. This is my favorite collection so far–breathtakingly gorgeous, ethereal, dreamy, dramatic. It’s such a step up from their previous few collections, which, with the exception of the India-inspired one, had been a bit mired in tulle and frippery. My fave looks are also FC’s! :) Plus Look 26
    Not feeling: some looks were a bit too revealing, and there were a few cases where I would ahve preferred a different length.

1. rivalta

The same old drama of the overused 19th century drama and the same overwrought elements of needlework,brocades that looks like it is intended to one of the images being processioned on Seville’s Semana Santa and the heavily vulgarization of extreme romanticizing of elegance…..

7. Sierra

I ahve not been this swept away by a collection in years. Maybe it’s the original McQueen vibe, but this is absolutely spectacular.