06.02.13

2013 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Round Up

2013 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Round Up

Here are a few looks I missed from the 2013 NAACP Image Awards which took place on Friday evening at the Shrine Auditorium in California.

Tatyana Ali: The gorgeous actress, who will always be Ashley Banks in my eyes, wore a beautiful printed cowl-back gown by Kevan Hall. The amethyst Rococo-print silk charmeuse gown was styled with a Lauren Merkin reptilian clutch and Mikimoto jewels. Curled hair and a berry lip colour completed her look.

Sandra Oh: Sporting tight curly tresses, the ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ star looked stunning wearing a forest-green vintage Halston draped gown with an open back and leather waistband accent. A selection of gold and silver link-chain bracelets, rings and a black glitter clutch accessorized her look.

Meagan Good: The actress looked very, very good wearing a Catherine Malandrino Fall 2012 gown from the designer’s Black Label collection. Her dark-violet one-sleeved gown, with a light ruffle cascading from the knotted waist, was one of the more vibrant looks to take to the red carpet. Barely-there makeup and silver glitter heels provided the finishing touches.

Meagan is the best of the three in my eyes. The colour is so hypnotic.

Credit: Getty

Tess Daly's Issa Lace Maxi Dress

Tess Daly’s Issa Lace Maxi Dress

Jessica Chastain In Hervé L. Leroux - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Jessica Chastain In Hervé L. Leroux – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

14 Responses to 2013 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Round Up

1. noo February 6, 2013 at 16:16 #

Sandra was one of my favorites at the event! I had really missed her red carpet appearances, they’re always amazing.

2. Marybeth February 6, 2013 at 16:17 #

The best awards show this year by far!
    All three looks are nice enough but Sandra Oh’s is the one that really catches my eye. So chic and classy. I absolutely love it.

3. Kate February 6, 2013 at 16:19 #

I *love* Sandra’s look. So chic yet still with some edge. One of my favourites from this event.

4. shap_half February 6, 2013 at 16:26 #

Wow! Sandra Oh really turned out! Good for her. She looks fantastic!

5. Molly February 6, 2013 at 16:56 #

Sandra Oh – ALWAYS fabulous. Nothing but class and gorgeousness here. I agree that the color of Meagan Good’s dress is amazing, and I love the way it gathers at the waist – but the shoes are so, so wrong.

6. Nat39 February 6, 2013 at 17:53 #

Sandra’s gown is my fave, so chic, and Tatyana looks so lovely overall. Meagan is my least favourite, somehow looks a bit cheap to me ( it’s something in her stance too), and I don’t like her glitter peep-toes.

7. robbie February 6, 2013 at 18:39 #

all 3 looks good but tatyana looks absolutely perfect.

8. Yeliz February 6, 2013 at 19:50 #

Meagan is my favourite too.

9. Mol February 6, 2013 at 20:49 #

I just had to come on and say how gorgeous I think Sandra Oh looks – perfection, she strikes the right note with her gown from head to toe!

10. Christine February 6, 2013 at 20:52 #

Meagan good is the best and my favorite from the three looks.

11. EmmaWoodhouse February 6, 2013 at 21:53 #

Love Sandra’s look, Love the color and gathering of Meagan’s, but not the slit or the shoes…Tatyana’s look is a bit bright/shiny/tacky to me.

12. Taksi February 7, 2013 at 01:28 #

Love Sandra’s dress but not the shoes. Megan Good looks fine because she’s beautiful but that dress is way too shiny. I really don’t like the print on Tatyana’s dress but it’s flattering for her shape and the styling is good.

13. anonymous as always February 7, 2013 at 19:14 #

I really like Sandra Oh… Maybe a little bit dark but it’s very elegant and sophisticated…

14. dil February 19, 2013 at 06:16 #

sandra oh looks jaw-dropping-ly stunning…the colour, the hair, the eyes….she has accesorised it so perfectly( especially if you see some of teh close up shots..the rings, the bracelets, even teh nail paint!) love love love her look!