Demi Lovato and Britney Spears were officially presented as the new judges for ‘The X Factor’ at the Fox Upfront 2012 presentation on Monday in New York City.

Demi opted for a fashion-forward Falguni & Shane Peacock Spring 2012 printed frock with a draped detail from the shoulder.

She teamed her dress with Topshop black peep-toes with a studded platform.

Whilst Britney was rolled out as a new judge, her look was very familiar as she wore yet another body-hugging dress.

She wore a plum Alexander Wang sleeveless Pointelle v-neck dress with cut-outs and I’m guessing no bra, and looked totally uncomfortable in the process, as always.

I really hope Britney enlists a new stylist (for both clothes and makeup) for this show, otherwise we will be treated to Herve Leger, Roberto Cavalli, and body-con dresses night after night.

Giuseppe Zanotti metallic gold cage sandals and small hoop earrings completed her look.

In case you didn’t notice, I’m not looking forward to the fashion from this show.

Fashion aside, they should just end the dated show already.

Credit: Falguni & Shane Peacock & Getty

Front Row @ Chanel Cruise 2013 Presentation

Front Row @ Chanel Cruise 2013 Presentation

Katie Holmes' Madewell Silk Picket Stripe Tee And 7 For All Mankind Super Skinny Gwenevere Jeans

Katie Holmes’ Madewell Silk Picket Stripe Tee And 7 For All Mankind Super Skinny Gwenevere Jeans

31 Responses to Demi Lovato In Falguni & Shane Peacock and Britney Spears In Alexander Wang – Fox Upfront 2012

1. T from Sydney May 15, 2012 at 14:36 #

lol they both look terrible

Q why are these two judges?? ive never heard of Demi outside of RC before.

im not too excited about the fashion show either

2. B May 15, 2012 at 15:14 #

There is nothing to enjoy in this photo, but I think the worst thing is Simon Cowell – how is it possible to put on that outfit and think you look acceptable? I know he doesn’t have to care ‘cos he’s so ridiculously rich etc etc, but COME. ON. Those jeans are offensive. And, shirt untucked? Under a buttoned blazer?!? SERIOUSLY?! Don’t get me started on the hair. *Angry exhale*

• Beta May 15, 2012 at 21:30 #

same thoughts here

3. Zineb May 15, 2012 at 15:18 #

Is Britney running out of money?
    The make up she heavily applied aged her of a decade !

4. Mariazinha May 15, 2012 at 15:21 #

Britney just looks sad… Cheap, tacky. I don’t understand why.. Stylist, big budget, pretty girl. How does this happen??

• Fashion Critic May 15, 2012 at 15:26 #

I don’t believe she has a stylist. No self respecting stylist would allow her to appear at a photocall dressed like this.

5. anne May 15, 2012 at 15:29 #

For all his money, Simon has the worst taste in clothes. I’m okay when he wears the same black and grey sweaters, but the jeans and the shoes…
    As for the new “judges” no comment. Just when you thought they couldn’t come up with someone worse than Nicole and Paula…

• Fashion Critic May 15, 2012 at 15:35 #

“Just when you thought they couldn’t come up with someone worse than Nicole and Paula…” – AMEN

6. Charlotte May 15, 2012 at 15:30 #

I’m kind of looking forward to Demi being a judge though because despite being young, she is really really talented at singing and plus, she has been through a lot because of the industry and been able to cope so she’ll probably be able to judge whether contestants will be ready to face the music industry!

• admmgz May 15, 2012 at 15:48 #

7. effieee May 15, 2012 at 15:35 #

Is it just me or does Demi’s dress look like a poor man’s Mary Katrantzou?

8. asherlev1 May 15, 2012 at 15:39 #

L.A. Reid is the best dressed.

Demi’s hair…I don’t have words.

• bm May 15, 2012 at 16:22 #

+ 1
      Also Simon’s clothes ?
      Britney’s Bra-less.
      Lol, what a sad red carpet there.

9. Riley May 15, 2012 at 15:42 #

Nobody looks good here. I have officially given up on Britney musically (she can’t sing and doesn’t write her own songs.)

Demi needs to ditch her edginess and the blonde hair.

10. Ade May 15, 2012 at 16:01 #

Simon just needs to accept this failure and move the hell on, the era of talent show is gone, bringing in Britney and Demi (really?, her?) isn’t gonna help. He should have asked someone like Patti Labelle or something but he went with Demi, don’t even get me started on Britney.

11. Médée May 15, 2012 at 16:26 #

This is the beginning of the end. At least for this show. I’m really not looking for the cringe worthy style those two lady will give us.

I do appreciate Demi’s dress as it was a daring choice (especialy for a Disney girl). But the hair, make-up, shoes, even the ring, are all wrong.

And am I the only one to think her eyebrows are way too plucked ? If she keeps it that way, she will end up having to draw them, because those its growing back after a while.

12. Molly May 15, 2012 at 16:26 #

Well, at least there is now a definitive answer about where the back end of the Disney starlet machine is.

Demi Lovato is extremely talented, and has the ability to look great if she is styled properly. Crossing my fingers. Also hope she goes back to her natural hair color. I think she’s pulling off the dress well, but the bad dye job and hair styling kills the whole look. The makeup similarly is doing her no favors. Bring in the pros!

13. Incroyable May 15, 2012 at 16:55 #

They both look a mess, but I can’t with Demi’s Mary Katrantzou-lite dress.

I really, really, REALLY hope Britney gets a new team; stylist, hair and makeup.

And Britney looked a lot better in the white dress she showed up to the announcement in…

14. Alina May 15, 2012 at 17:28 #

God have mercy.

15. Yeliz May 15, 2012 at 18:48 #

I agree with every single word you said FC. I think Fox is not creative enough to create a new show so they go on and on with this dated show.

16. robbie May 15, 2012 at 19:01 #

love me some britney, but that is a terrible look not to mention she looks if she simon has a gun at her back. demi, i wish that girl would go away, the dress is fugly that extra bit of fabric is so unnecessary.

shall be interesting to see how they judge since one lip syncs and the other shouts/screams.

17. Courteney May 15, 2012 at 19:38 #

Bless Britney’s heart! She tries so hard! I’m rooting for her! I’m actually looking forward to this upcoming season!

• Christine May 15, 2012 at 21:07 #

18. EmmaWoodhouse May 15, 2012 at 19:58 #

While Demi’s dress might have been OK without the tail, her hair is SOOOOOO bad. Britney looks horrendous as usual.

19. Christine May 15, 2012 at 21:07 #

This is making me sad. They both look horrid :(

And don’t get me started on Brit :(

20. justme May 15, 2012 at 22:36 #

I need Britney’s handlers to leave her alone :(
    I’m not looking for her to force a smile with sad eyes on this show.

On a more superficial level, that hair colour is not a good look for Demi. Neither is the outfit.

21. Sarah May 16, 2012 at 01:56 #

Demi look flawless love the dress and the hair and Britney looks ok

22. pipsqueak May 16, 2012 at 03:13 #

Look at Britney’s hair and tan. She looked more like Donatella V’s daughter than the real daughter. And, un-self-consciousness must be a blessing. I’d never put myself in a body-con dress if I had Britney’s body. As Simon has said before, Britney’s look is quite attainable. This posse looked terrible, as dated as the show.

23. sasha May 16, 2012 at 04:31 #

Britney- yes, always good to see her looking better than 2007 you have to love the comeback kid.

Demi – No…

24. roxana May 16, 2012 at 07:59 #

britney looks awful! demi – so, so.

25. Shaina May 18, 2012 at 23:12 #

The show is awful and it looks like the fashion (and makeup) will be too. voice of an Angel?” Never.