Elizabeth Olsen In Christian Dior – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

One of this year’s breakout stars, Elizabeth Olsen attended her first 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood yesterday evening.

Elizabeth chose a black Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2012 gown with a silk short-sleeved top and leather and chiffon tiered skirt.

Loose waves, Ferragamo shoes and a clutch by The Row complete the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Rashida Jones In Elie Saab -  2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Rashida Jones In Elie Saab – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

14 Responses to Elizabeth Olsen In Christian Dior – 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2012 at 23:55 #

“For such a major event, it pains me to know that Lizzie could do so much better than this somber and truly unflattering dress.”
    Sigh. I agree!

• Alina February 29, 2012 at 16:08 #

2. gurlygurl February 28, 2012 at 00:00 #

Wow! For a pretty girl she gets it so wrong, a little too often for my liking. It makes me wonder if she really has any idea about fashion. The volume overwhelms her frame, there’s so much fabric with the added sleeve and it’s just very boring.

3. Rosalie February 28, 2012 at 00:32 #

parisian chic on the model
    frumpy mess on elizabeth
    shes so beautiful too :(

4. Ramsay February 28, 2012 at 00:44 #

It’s a nice actually – just too tame for the event – When she first came to the scene I expected her to blow us away with her sense of style given obviously that she’s the olsen twins’ sister – but her style is turning out to be sort of lame – not the movie star glamourous style and nor the fashionista / style savvy look you would expect from her – she’s in between in that undecided area- a few missteps and no vintage dash our hopes of a new style icon

5. Sharon February 28, 2012 at 00:54 #

Unflattering is right! Here’s hoping that in her next appearance, she has a better dress and she stands up straighter.

6. Kennedy February 28, 2012 at 04:18 #

I can’t help it, I adore her! She’s so gorgeous, talented, and interesting… and she was absolutely snubbed for her terrific performance in Martha Marcy May Marlene. When I think ingenue, I think of her, so I have to forgive all of these awkward dress decisions. But I do commend her for picking interesting designs and thinking outside of the box… even if they tend to not flatter her figure.

7. Alicat February 28, 2012 at 06:50 #

I like the sleeveless version on the model better. There is far too much going on with the skirt.

8. Emi February 28, 2012 at 09:20 #

Very very unflattering dress, the skirt makes her look like a lamp.

9. andrea February 28, 2012 at 14:58 #

Looks like she is taking styling tips from her sisters..

10. Camille February 28, 2012 at 18:00 #

I think it’s a very good choice. It’s simple and pretty!

11. Shaina February 28, 2012 at 23:34 #

The only good thing here is that this dress makes her appear quite tall. Other than that, I agree…unflattering and boring.

12. Parvati March 1, 2012 at 00:19 #

I don’t like this look on her. It’s so dark and it’s really overwhelming her.

13. AP March 2, 2012 at 01:42 #

She needs to talk with Mary-Kate about about eating disorder. I think that will help her to look good on clothes…