Menu

September 13, 2020 Photocall, Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Isabel May Wore Salvatore Ferragamo & Valentino To The 'Run Hide Fight' Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Isabel May made her Venice Film Festival debut on Thursday (September 10), while promoting her new film, ‘Run Hide Fight.’

Made in relative secrecy last winter, ‘Run Hide Fight’ follows 17-year-old Zoe Hull (Isabel May) who uses her wits, survival skills and compassion to fight for her life, and those of her fellow classmates, against a group of live-streaming school shooters.

Photocall:  The 19-year-old actress started the day in a relaxed look from Salvatore Ferragamo’s Pre-Fall 2020 collection. No matter many times brands try to reinvent the denim skirt – in this case with a leather belt – the item will always have retro feel to me.  I just don’t think I will ever view a denim skirt as modern. That doesn’t mean I dislike the look at all.  On the contrary, I’m loving the old school vibes I’m getting from this look which may translate to dated to some.

Premiere:  By nightfall, the actress was giving us full glam in this Valentino Fall 2020 chocolate brown gown.  Of course I’m dazzled by the embellishments, but I’m also charmed by the way that Isabel is taking this majestic moment in her stride.

Salvatore Ferragamo Pre-Fall 2020
Valentino Fall 2020

Credit: Courtesy images & Vogue.com

, , , , , , , , ,

Kitty Spencer Stuns In The Front Row Of The Dolce & Gabbana's Alta Moda Show

Kitty Spencer Stuns In The Front Row Of The Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda Show

Vanessa Paradis Wore Two More Chanel Looks During The 2020 Deauville American Film Festival

10 Responses to Isabel May Wore Salvatore Ferragamo & Valentino To The ‘Run Hide Fight’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

1. phee September 15, 2020 at 11:14 am #

The second gown look is stunning. So classy and simple. A BDOTW I think.

The first reminds me of starting school. Very retro indeed.

2. lmkw September 14, 2020 at 11:47 pm #

I think a dark denim skirt can look fresh and modern. The washed denim is what screams retro to me. That said, cute outfit, some edgier shoes would have elevated it. The Valentino is stunning and she owns it. J’adore.

3. Hailey September 14, 2020 at 3:39 pm #

I really dislike the Ferragamo look. I don’t feel like it works with the film festival.

4. Gianna September 14, 2020 at 3:46 am #

She gives me Jennifer Lawrence vibes. Looks on point! Especially that dress.

• JessM September 14, 2020 at 5:49 am #

Yes Agreed

5. Gigi September 14, 2020 at 3:39 am #

She is a knockout in that dress. Looking forward to see what she does for her next red carpet! OTW!

6. Emily September 14, 2020 at 3:37 am #

WOW. She really pulled off that Valentino. Not what I would expect, but she made it young and fresh.

7. TeaAtTwo September 13, 2020 at 9:58 pm #

I like this denim skirt and for a photocall it works especially considering her young age. The Valentino is nice and I don’t have any complaints but I’m not in love with the dress on her.

8. Fanny September 13, 2020 at 6:43 pm #

The Valentino dress is gorgeous, she styled it perfectly. The first look feels underdressed, probably because of the denim skirt.

• Tonya September 14, 2020 at 4:21 am #

What a knockout, so refreshing to see a stylish beauty with talent and brains. Very rare these days. Hope her generation is taking notes, hoping Hollyweird is too.