Menu

January 29, 2015 Who Wore It Better?

Who Wore KaufmanFranco Better…Kate Beckinsale or Selena Gomez?

WWIB

Kate Beckinsale attended the 2014 American Music Awards back in November wearing a stunning ice-white KaufmanFranco gown featuring a deep plunge and sexy side cut-outs which she styled with a Bulgari necklace and Lee Savage clutch.

Selena Gomez wore the same gown to the 2015 InStyle and Warner Bros. 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards Post-Party this month, also opting for the same Lee Savage clutch but going light on the jewels with just dangling earrings.

I was convinced I would love Kate until I placed the looks side by side. On reflection, I much prefer Selena’s jewels and the belt she added to the look.

Credit: Getty

Solange Knowles In Marques Almeida - LAX

Solange Knowles In Marques Almeida – LAX

Laura Whitmore In Jasper Conran - PANDORA & BHF Afternoon Tea

Laura Whitmore In Jasper Conran – PANDORA & BHF Afternoon Tea

16 Responses to Who Wore KaufmanFranco Better…Kate Beckinsale or Selena Gomez?

1. Yeliz January 29, 2015 at 8:02 pm #

Kate, even though I don’t like the necklace, but the gown looks much better on her.

2. dee January 29, 2015 at 12:52 pm #

I think it’s a tie. I like both ladies looks equally.

• justme January 29, 2015 at 7:15 pm #

I like the dress on both of them.

3. Lara January 29, 2015 at 11:55 am #

I don’t think these two dresses are exactly alike, actually. Kate’s deeper plunge is more appropriate for her, and I am one who LOVED the necklace 100%.

4. kane January 29, 2015 at 7:56 am #

The fit on Kate is swoon-worthy. But so far I haven’t come across a snake necklace that didn’t ruin a look for me. And this isn’t an exception sadly.

5. Peony January 29, 2015 at 7:40 am #

Kate by a mile. She makes the gown elegant and chic, the plunge sits properly on her whereas it gapes on Selena. I also find the look borderline ageing and a bit tacky on Selena, unfortunately.

• Fiona-Brasil January 29, 2015 at 10:47 am #

+ 1

• julyol1972 January 29, 2015 at 8:38 pm #

6. Sam January 29, 2015 at 3:30 am #

I agree with you FC…..when u put both side by side you can see that it fits Selena much nicely than Kate…..Kate’s necklace, however beautiful, didn’t belong here. Further I like how Selena’s clutch pops against the white, plus Selena’s smaller frame makes a train out the dress, which I like.

7. kiki January 29, 2015 at 3:20 am #

BTW, I think that the dress being too big is the reason the neckline is wider, too open, like Nat39 pointed out. Looks like it got a quick nip in at the sides to make it smaller so nothing lands quite as it should down the middle.

8. kiki January 29, 2015 at 3:15 am #

Kate. No contest. Selena’s hasn’t been tailored to fit her properly while Kate’s has been fitted to perfection. Note that even the top of the straps/bodice have been shaped to best flatter. Looks like Selena’s dress was too big and they didn’t do a good job of shaping it to fit her.

9. Nat39 January 29, 2015 at 1:42 am #

Without a doubt, Kate. The deep neckline sits properly her, on Selena it splits a bit too open and the bust presentation needed more support. And I love how Kate’s necklace adds to the look, plus there is no denying that this sleek, sexy and clean-cut gown suits more mature and charismatic Kate more.

10. SilentVisitor January 29, 2015 at 1:33 am #

I also go with Selena. She didn’t overcook the look.

• hello January 29, 2015 at 3:58 pm #

Exactly! Kate overdid it like she always does and everything about her looks so fake. I can’t believe she’s winning.

11. Phoenix January 29, 2015 at 12:14 am #

Kate just shows the chutzpah and confidence needed for the dress that Selena does not quite pull off yet.

12. Marcel January 29, 2015 at 12:05 am #

Poor Selena has no chance against Kate.