Menu

February 25, 2013

Charlize Theron In Dior – 2013 Oscars

Posted by Emily L. Foley

oscars-charlize-theron

Charlize Theron kept things simple for her walk down the red carpet Sunday at the 2013 Oscars held at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.

The ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ actress wore a Dior Haute Couture white silk bustier dress with embroidered detailing on the peplum.

Harry Winston diamond stud earrings and bracelets offer the only accent to the star’s look, as both her makeup and super short hair are the definition of subtle.

While I do wish Charlize had a bit more visual interest somewhere–a bright lip or a dramatic piece of jewelry–with such a perfectly fitted dress on her flawless figure, it’s hard to fault her for her simplistic approach to this red carpet.

Amanda Seyfried In Alexander McQueen – 2013 Oscars

Amanda Seyfried In Alexander McQueen – 2013 Oscars

Fan Bingbing In Marchesa - 2013 Oscars

Fan Bingbing In Marchesa – 2013 Oscars

116 Responses to Charlize Theron In Dior – 2013 Oscars

1. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

This is like greek yogurt.

2. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

3. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

She is stunning but I feel like I’ve seen this look on her before.

4. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

FLAWLESS!

How can she looks so perfect?

5. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

nice! a bit too simple wouldve loved to see gold trim on the v and on the bottom of the peplum

6. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

It’s just so unfair. She has to shave her head for a movie role and then 2 months later she STILL looks drop dead gorgeous!! At first I was underwhelmed, but the more I saw her the more I was blown away. She is just so tall and lovely and her face is just glowing. She wowed me on the red carpet and then to top it all off, the girl can dance too!! She was amazing in her dance number on stage, and looked divine in the flowy ivory gown she changed into for the dance with Channing Tatum.

If I didn’t have such a girl crush on her I’d have to hate her.

7. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

A gorgeous look from gorgeous Charlize!

8. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

PERFECT.

9. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Not sure…i will try to find out

10. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

FC, do you know whether Charlize also wore Dior during her dance with Chaning Tatum?! Because her dress just flowed sooooo beautifully on stage!!

11. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Man I CRY EVERYTIME I SEE HER! Incredible!

12. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Absolutely beautiful but would have been even better in an actual colour (anything white is too bridal) or with a dramatic necklace (or both). She is otherworldly in her beauty.

13. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

best dressed of the night. after all the gold , bows , glitzy sequins and ruffles and chiffon the simplicity of this dress is perfection. on this occassion less is more. she makes the rest look like pantomime dames.

14. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

She is the most beautiful blonde ever. This is the way you do simple glamour. With a face that amazing you shouldn’t do too much anyway. Why detract from that beauty? White is also her best color.

15. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Don’t know about best dressed. But she’s the most beautiful woman in the world. So she can rock minimal like no other. She certainly stood out this year.

16. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

I mean…come on…it’s Charlize Theron. Of course, she’s gonna come and put them all to shame.

I love this short hair on her. It’s so gorgeous.

17. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Not one for the fashion books but she does look fantastic. The white looks amazing oh her and this cropped hair looks striking against a gown.

18. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

We can’t deny that Charlize Theron is back to her fashion A-game!! The Snow White and The Huntsman actress wowed in this ivory peplum Dior creation!! Love the minimalist approach that she’s try to translate and love how she pose like a pro!! Definitely one of my favorites in the night!! Charlize Theron spells FLAWLESS!!!

19. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Flawless and stunning!

20. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

She looked A-MAZING. She won that red carpet.

21. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

This is how it is done… She looks flawless. This is how you stand out from a crowd. This woman is gorgeous.

22. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Flawless. One of the best dressed of the night.

23. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Even though the look is extremely understated, I cannot find fault with because of Charlize’s beauty. She looks goddess-like! I love it.

24. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

I love her as a person, how can I not love her looks if she looks this flawless and ravishing? This gown fits her like a glove, she looks perfect from head-to-toe.

25. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

this is incredibly boring but for some reason her beauty and that hair makes me like it. Jlawrence should have worn this.

26. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

At first glance, I was sort of bored but then when I went back after looking at all the other gowns this is definitely one of my favs of the night. She looks SO effortlessly gorgeous. I didn’t even realize she had a shorter haircut until now. Everything is perfection! She just looks so natural and SO beautiful. She sort of puts everyone else to shame. You know Halle is a beauty like this, but if you compare the dress choices she has a lot to learn. In contrast I strongly disliked her 80’s Dynasty/Dallas dress. BDOTN

27. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

personally she made me skip a beat when i saw her glide on to the red carpet on TV. regal just simply regal. ice queen.

28. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Leave it to Charlize to finally be the first one who actually rocks a Dior gown in forever. I was hopeful she’d stray from the brand, but at least this time I’m glad she didn’t.

I don’t know, but when it comes to Charlize I guess the clothes don’t even matter, it’s just the way she so effortlessly carries it. I mean, the dress itself is just okay, but she somehow transforms it and brings it to a whole new level. She’s a goddess indeed.

29. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Wow SHe is just stunning. She can never look bad. Even with a buzz cut.

30. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Best Dressed of the night!! And love the pixie haircut!!!

31. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

STUNNING!!!

Simple, chic and elegant. I love, love love this look soooo much. One of this best of the night if not the best.

32. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Yeah, it feels very repetitive. Plus, I much preferred AH’s GG gown.

33. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

The dress is pretty simple and the whole look should feel bare but for some reason, I love it.
    The fact that her hair & face are heavenly probably helps lol.

34. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

I understand she was going for the clean, minimalist look, but you can go minimalistic without being a complete snore. I would’ve loved a statement necklace in turquoise or orange, and maybe finish it off with a peach or light pink lip color.

35. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

She is gorgeous, and she is pulling off that hair in a way no other could. But seriously, I don’t like the dress. Yes it fits but 1) it’s boring and 2) it’s way too lowcut/sitting too low for my taste). So it’s a no from me.

36. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

She’s my best dressed of the night, she looks simply stunning. She truly glided down that carpet, so effortlessly beautiful.

37. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

She is without a doubt the best dressed of the night – fierce and sexy – she is and will always be the perfect face for Dior – This being the best tonight, it remains a tad below last year’s best (Gwyneth)

38. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Can you imagine if she had Fan Bingbing’s earrings with this dress and that haircut? I would die.

39. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Lovely in its simplicity, but nothing to get excited about.

40. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Boring dress. Even more with that color.

41. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

I prefer Anne Hathaway’s execution of a similar look in the white Chanel over this. Hathaway’s brunette hair helped add color and I liked the texture of the Chanel’s fabric. Beauty-wise, Theron is quite stunning of course.

42. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

43. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

This is like a boring version of Kerry Washington’s Rodarte gown from the SAGs a few weeks ago. She looks absolutely beautiful of course, and this look isn’t bad at all, but it is boring–especially for the Oscars. 🙁

44. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Best dressed of the night! FLAWLESS…..head to toe.

45. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

SHE is absolutely stunning, and that hairstyle looks amazing on her, but the stiffness of the bodice makes it look like strapped-on armour.

46. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #