Menu

Blake Lively In Marchesa – ‘Gossip Girl’ Celebrates 100 Episodes

Blake Lively didn’t fare much better on the red carpet for ‘Gossip Girl’s’ 100th episode celebrations in New York City last night.

In fact she was the worst dressed. Yet again.

The actress, who styles herself, got it oh so very wrong wearing a Marchesa Spring 2012 dress.

The best place for this embroidered fringed dress is the ice rink at the Winter Olympics or ‘Dancing with the Stars’.

This dress is doing nothing for her and I’m bewildered that she selected it.

I’ve looked at every single picture to find something positive to say about this look, but I have no words.

I’m thankful that I can’t see the back which no doubt has an ugly exposed zipper.

Lorraine Schwartz jewels and gold Versace strappy sandals completed her look.

Time to get yourself a stylist Blake.

Leighton Meester In Balmain - 'Gossip Girl' Celebrates 100 Episodes

Leighton Meester In Balmain – ‘Gossip Girl’ Celebrates 100 Episodes

Emma Watson In Jason Wu - 'My Week With Marilyn' London Premiere

Emma Watson In Jason Wu – ‘My Week With Marilyn’ London Premiere

78 Responses to Blake Lively In Marchesa – ‘Gossip Girl’ Celebrates 100 Episodes

1. Katie November 21, 2011 at 8:40 am #

Eh, I’m not too convinced by this outfit. This would be something I would wear to the MET gala or maybe the Grammy’s? Even then, the tassels are off-putting. Blake really likes Marchesa so I can see why she wanted to be one of the first gals to be wearing their 2012 RTW looks, but another dress from that collection might have gone over well.

This is a little off subject but the other day my sister was trying to convince me that Blake Lively had a nose job. I am not a big fan of hers so I don’t really know what she looked like pre- ‘The Town’ but I googled older pics of her and she DEFINITELY looks like she had some work done. What do you guys think?! She really didn’t need it, imo.

• jenare November 21, 2011 at 8:42 am #

Yeah I think she did. Her nose looked much different in Annabelle and Elvis and so did her teeth.

2. bewie November 21, 2011 at 6:10 am #

What a fugly dress, hair, jewelry, AND POSE.

Did she take implants off? Her boobs are considerably smaller than they used to be.

3. dave November 21, 2011 at 4:59 am #

the dress is horrible, it’s like shredded toilet paper covering her body and her makeup is a mess

4. Raquel November 21, 2011 at 1:56 am #

The dress is quite tacky, and it needs a helluva more of personality to make it work. Gaga is the first one that comes to mind, but I tend to think that maybe one o two models out there would be able to pull it off with much better makeup and hair.

5. Anne November 21, 2011 at 12:38 am #

It is SO visible that not even Blake herself was convinced by the idea behind this crazy outfit…but for some reason resigned to wear it.

• Fee November 21, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

The first thing I thought was ‘I wonder if she REALLY doesn’t use a stylist’ because she looks so uncomfortable it’s hard to believe she chose the dress for herself

6. Laura November 21, 2011 at 12:26 am #

I think she looks great.

7. Pascale November 20, 2011 at 10:46 pm #

Blake oh Blake. You never disappoint.

I agree this has to be one of her worst dressed event, ever – and there IS much to chose from lately.

8. gurlygurl November 20, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

Hair, make up, shoes and earrings all lovely… let down by an odd dress that doesn’t work on the catwalk either. Having said that Blake does look better in this dress than the runway model… it’s just an ugly dress.

9. Jess November 20, 2011 at 10:13 pm #

I’m happy to admit I like the dress….like though, not love. If it had been more carefully considered and finished better I would probably love it. It probably looks amazing in motion. Also, I think it bears far more resemblance to recent Givenchy Couture than the McQueen dress being referred to.

10. jojo November 20, 2011 at 10:11 pm #

The dress is awful i`v always been a fan of Marchesa but this dress is no words.

11. Amberly November 20, 2011 at 9:35 pm #

Few things:
    1) This dress is a bold choice. Sans-tassels, it would look much better but it strongly resembles the Chanel gown she wore at the MET gala this year.
    2) Does Blake Lively realize she is on the red carpet for the 100th ep of Gossip Girl? Does she think this is the VMA’s or MET Gala? GOSSIP GIRL, woman! This red carpet does not require you to dress like you’re going to a costume party or a very prestigious event. As a fan of Gossip, I even know that this event does not demand the amount of attention Blake wishes it did. Dress to fit the event you are at… you can go the couture route, but this dress is NOT the right choice.
    3) Blake needs a new hair stylist ASAP. I HATE the way she styles her hair for the most part. She has beautiful hair… show it off! A ponytail or a more structured bun would have worked.
    4) This proves my point once again, Blake Lively is not a fashion icon. Diane Kruger is a fashion icon. RHW is a better fashion icon than Lively for the most part. At least she’s consistent, unlike Lively who chooses to wear some of the most off-putting (in what I believe she mistakes for “risky”) garments.
    5) She looks extremely skinny… I’ll give her that.

12. Rahel November 20, 2011 at 8:52 pm #

Good to see that other people see it the same way. The dress looks horrible. I don’t even know where to start.

13. Liz November 20, 2011 at 8:46 pm #

No. I literally got nauseous when I first saw this look. I knew Blake would be one of the first to wear that new, dreadful Marchesa collection.

14. GagaFashion November 20, 2011 at 8:37 pm #

No ugly zipper (http://www.blakelivelyweb.com/pictures/displayimage.php?album=1369&pid=107686#top_display_media) but the dress is a total fashion crime.

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2011 at 8:58 pm #

Surprising, but I still can’t understand this dress

15. Gaber November 20, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

Well, well, well – look who forgot to shave her dress!

16. patricia November 20, 2011 at 7:33 pm #

I find it very obvious why she wore that dress: “show tits and ass!

• mattison November 22, 2011 at 6:05 am #

Precisely. I think this get up is just as bad as the half nude/half toga frock she wore to the Met Gala, and I think her motivation back then was to display as much skin as possible, too. It’s amazing to me when such expensive garments look so cheap and tacky.

17. Emalie November 20, 2011 at 7:24 pm #

OMG, this dress is so ugly and tacky! It’s like a figure skater on LSD. And it’s such an obvious McQueen ripoff like Martin said.

I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again: The girl needs a stylist!

18. molly November 20, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

This dress takes away every curve she has. She looks awful. She could have saved this with a better hairstyle, because its Sunday morning, I just woke up and my hair looks the exact same as Blakes.
    Its really time for her to get a stylist. I respect that she wears what she wants, but she ends up making herself look awful.

19. Giuseppi Giraffe November 20, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

ice capades

20. lucy November 20, 2011 at 5:56 pm #

i don’t believe that she doesn’t have a stylist. i’m not sure if has so much time to looking for all of the clothes. but even if she does have a stylist it is a bad one…

21. asherlev1 November 20, 2011 at 5:30 pm #

It’s also too long on her in comparison to the model. But yeah, extremely shapeless. And she styled herself all wrong. WHY, BLAKE, WHY?

22. Parvati November 20, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

This dress does nothing for her, I find the shoes boring and I think her posture is terrible.

• Marybeth November 20, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

I’ve never liked her stiff, angular posture. It makes everything look forced.
      Ah well. I suppose it’s better than slumping and drooping!

23. Carrie November 20, 2011 at 4:36 pm #

First: awful shoes choice. What the hell is this golden shoes?
    Ok, I’m not a big fan of the dress but she usually goes so basic with her looks, just copying what she see on the runaway (which makes me wonder about her ‘fashionista’ status) that I’ll give her extra points for trying something different. I like her earrings though.
    And yep, she said she doesn’t have a stylist once. And it makes her a big fat liar. I didn’t realized that people bought it.

24. Lisa November 20, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

Eh she is in an awful rut now. Hopefully she can get back to the glory that was 2008-2009. This dress isn’t too bad tbh but her hair is confusing me. It’s messy but it doesn’t quite work with the dress.

The back of the dress is actually quite intricate. No exposed zipper. Nicer than the front actually and her ass is divine hahaha

• AK November 20, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

omg it’s like she has eyes on her buttcheeks

• anu November 20, 2011 at 10:17 pm #

omg this just takes tackiness to a whole new level! eeeeeeks!

• mandy November 21, 2011 at 12:45 am #

Now that is BAD ! I’d take on the exposed zipper anytime that this exposed butt cheek look. Gosh!

25. Alina November 20, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

Ugly.

26. mandy November 20, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

I’m on the fence on this one. Its actually a pretty stunning and intricately designed dress.

• Lucinda November 20, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

I agree, on the fence. I think there have been far more offensive dresses on the red carpet of late.
      I wish that the tassels had been the same colour as the bodice do they did not appear so alien.

27. LizLemooooon November 20, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

AW geez. This is just a deep fried hot mess. She looks like a pagaent queen with that fluffy Dynasty-esque hair and those chunky earrings wow. I can’t…

P.S. FC, will you be covering the American Music Awards tonight?

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

28. Dorian Gray November 20, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

I hope Blake will come back to Versace, very soon please.

• Dorian Gray November 20, 2011 at 7:29 pm #

I mean not only in footwear department.

29. Thirteen November 20, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

Overdressed and attention seeking, in my opinion.

30. Hannah November 20, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

It reminds me of the time that Cheryl Cole wore that McQueen look. It also looks very old on her, but I like her makeup, and earrings.
    I cannot help but think that had Leighton and Blake switched dresses both would have looked so much better.

31. Emmeline November 20, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

I’m glad that at least her hair doesn’t look ratty like it usually does. But the dress is a disaster. Someone like some fashion school project gone horribly array.

32. CTgirl November 20, 2011 at 1:57 pm #

This is tragic unless you’re Dorothy Hamill.

33. Jade November 20, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

With The Great Gatsby pictures being released this week, it looks like Blake was trying to prove that she should have been cast as Daisy in this flapper-esque dress. FAIL

• maria November 21, 2011 at 1:03 am #

funny. Marchesa wish they could produce dresses like the costumes of the movie. What i have seen so far, looks incredible.

34. TheObserver November 20, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

I love how Blake used to say ‘Just dress for yourself, you don’t dress for anyone else cause you never gonna please everyone as long as you happy with it, doesn’t really matter at the end of the day what anyone else said’ So, I personally think she look stunning in any dress because she is glowing from her energy, confident and she comfortable with her dress .. she love to dress, i love to watch her dress so win win (for me)

35. justme November 20, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

That dress is extremely ugly to begin with. Add it Blake’s natural cheapening factor and you got a disaster.

I’ll end on a positive note though, I like the shoes.

36. TeaAtTwo November 20, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

Her hair and make up are flawless. She should have gone to Gucci who did the flapper style ALOT better.

37. lollypop November 20, 2011 at 1:15 pm #

Even thought it’s a horrible dress she could have made it better by posing, but there she is just standing there.
    I think Cheryl cole wore the the Alexander McQueen dress to her birthday.

• Linda November 20, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

Yeah, after looking at Martin’s link, I thought someone had – good memory.

38. Kyriaki-Cyprus November 20, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

Total disappointment! I’ve read about this event and I was looking forward to it but I don’t think it could get worse of terms of style. Anyway, I’m so looking forward to seeing her in Mary Katrantzou on tomorrow’s episode. I hope she can redeem herself!

39. pandora box November 20, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

WOW the original McQueen is GORGEOUS!

I think she’s trying too hard to stand out once again. She looks best wearing simple no-fuzz thing a la Michael Kors

40. bella November 20, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

Very disappointed

41. Marvel November 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

Love her shoes!!

I dont have anything nice to say about the dress so I’ll keep quite

42. Mick November 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

Oh gosh, this has got to be one of the ugliest dresses I’ve ever seen…

43. Emi November 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

I’m a big fan of Marchesa but this dress is really ugly and quite tacky. I agree with you FC, it would be perfect for “Dancing with the Stars”. I dislike everything, hair, earrings (very ugly), shoes and her tacky pose.

44. Ade November 20, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

This is terrible. The dress looks like it’s going through metamorphosis . My biggest frustration with Blake is she doesn’t really seem to grasp the idea of not going over the top at every single event. She looks like a damsel in “dis-dress”

45. june November 20, 2011 at 12:19 pm #

the dress is really, really ugly. blake could have styled this the best possible way ever and it would still be ugly

• dee November 21, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

46. CreoleLady November 20, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

This dress makes no sense. What is going on with the Marchesa designers?? And Blake seriously overreaches if she thinks she can make anything look good or that she can look good in anything.

47. Jones19 November 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

This dress is just really ugly. Blake tries her best to make it work but even she can’t make an ugly dress look pretty.

48. M November 20, 2011 at 11:59 am #

I’ve always been a fan of Blake, but this is just horrible. Even the make up and the hair styling are wrong. Very disappointed.

49. Fashion Lover November 20, 2011 at 11:43 am #

Is it just me or does the bodice look like two angry iguana heads looking to poke each other in the eye?! She comes across as trying way too hard and she doesn’t need to do that… And I don’t understand this dress – so unflattering and shapeless and colorless.

• bm November 20, 2011 at 12:56 pm #

agree with you!

• oksana November 20, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

ha ha,you are amazing

• Jacqu November 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm #

Lol, I thought it looked like Koi but iguana heads are much better.

50. Martin November 20, 2011 at 11:41 am #

Putting aside the fact that this is an embarrassingly obvious rip-off a Spring 2009 McQueen gown (http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2009RTW-AMCQUEEN?event=show1862&designer=design_house43&trend=&iphoto=13#slide=13), I actually think that Blake works this look quite well. For me, Chloe Moretz and Leighton fared much worse in terms of their efforts (or lack thereof) at this event. I’m usually the first person to criticise Blake but here she looks fresh and manages the convey the edgy/ethereal vibe of this dress quite nicely.

• Linda November 20, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

Umm…wow, that’s shamess. The original is much more attractive, but still not my favourite dress in the world.

• Camilla November 20, 2011 at 3:11 pm #

Yep, I immediately jumped to the McQueen rip.

• Valeria November 20, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

I agree, I like the look

• Kim November 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm #

Totally agree, I actually think she’s wearing the look well!!

• Leila November 20, 2011 at 9:19 pm #

I agree. She even looks better than the model. Great body.

• Nat39 November 20, 2011 at 11:29 pm #

While the dress itself is plain awkward and silly, I think Blake did the most of it with the fantastic shoe choice and the right hairstyle and jewellery, and I agree that somehow she manages to work the vibe of the dress.