Menu

November 14, 2011 Runway to Sidewalk, Sidewalk Style

Sidewalk Style: Lady Gaga In YSL, Aquilano.Rimondi & Moschino

Lady Gaga was in London to perform on ‘The X Factor’, no doubt in a bid to entice people to watch the dated show.

The singer stepped out in four looks this weekend starting with this YSL Spring 2012 ensemble on Saturday.

Who would’ve thought that the singer would be the first to showcase this collection?

Her pretty pink ruffled top was teamed with a black skirt with a split, which was accented with a belt. The fit of the skirt is a bit off for me. It looks too big. The belt is supposed to be covering that fact, but it is doing the opposite by highlighting it.

Black leather gloves, sky-high Louboutins and cat-eye sunglasses completed this look.

Later on the same evening, the singer donned another look from the YSL Spring 2012 collection.

You’d be forgiven if you thought this look was Haider Ackermann. The colours and style are very reminiscent of his Fall 2011 collection.

Navy satin shorts were paired with a teal blue halter top, which was twisted on the runway, and matching suede loafers with gold hardware.

I was very excited to see Gaga wearing Aquilano. Rimondi as I’m a huge fan of the Italian designers.

Gaga wore this Spring 2012 look as she made her way to the X Factor studios on Sunday.

A remembrance day poppy accented her beaded cap-sleeve top which she paired with a tulip-shaped baroque-printed skirt.

Whilst I prefer the runway styling of tucking the top into the skirt, I’m just happy to see this look off the runway.

Gaga also wore the runway python-print five-strap platform pumps with white gloves, hexagon shades and a pearl necklace.

After her performance, Lady Gaga was probably tired of wearing clothing as she donned half of this Moschino Spring 2012 look.

An ivory double breasted blazer with gold buttons was teamed with an ivory shirt with a black ribbon tied around the collar.

Fishnet tights and her favourite Louboutin’s completed her look.

Which look is your favourite?

Aquilano. Rimondi wins for me.

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin, Fame Pictures & Getty

Gwen Stefani In L.A.M.B. - Harajuku Mini for Target Launch

Gwen Stefani In L.A.M.B. – Harajuku Mini for Target Launch

Amy Adams In Roland Mouret - 'The Muppets' LA Premiere

Amy Adams In Roland Mouret – ‘The Muppets’ LA Premiere

26 Responses to Sidewalk Style: Lady Gaga In YSL, Aquilano.Rimondi & Moschino

1. Jackie November 15, 2011 at 6:06 am #

I kind of hate the YSL looks but I do love the Aquilano.Rimondi a lot!!!

Pink and black is hardly ever a good look in my book but the black hooves on her feet absolutely kill what was not so bad on top, despite the colors. The second YSL look looks like a blur since I can’t really distinguish anything from something else. Undecided on the half look because it’s not a complete look.

The Aquilano.Rimondi outfit looks really good with her hair (don’t like the sunglasses though).

2. Sharon November 15, 2011 at 12:00 am #

I usually like what the Lady wears, but this time not so much. I love the runway versions of each outfit and hope I get to see them worn by others.

3. ash November 14, 2011 at 9:52 pm #

and can you imagine how amazing she wouldve looked if she wore pants with that moschino outfit?!

4. ash November 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm #

Oh my God, Gaga in normal clothes is sooo amazing.. I can see why the aquilano rimondi would be a favourite, but that first ysl outfit is definitely the best she`s ever looked. just so classy and glamorous AND NORMAL.

5. Laura Brice November 14, 2011 at 9:49 pm #

oh yeah Aquilano. is the bomb

6. TeaAtTwo November 14, 2011 at 7:24 pm #

I am in love with the purple version of her first outfit.

7. mikeijames November 14, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

call me crazy, but i like her in the moschino (half) look the best. it’s most “her”….i’m most astonished that she got her hands on those ysl loafers though. wearing spring 2012 looks has become quite de rigueur, but getting one’s hands on NEXT season’s must have shoes? remarkable.

• Tania November 14, 2011 at 7:58 pm #

+1 about the Moschino look!

8. NooG November 14, 2011 at 5:18 pm #

“Normalish” Gaga is FANTASTIC. More please!!!!!

9. jovi November 14, 2011 at 4:50 pm #

she looks so beautiful with the first outfit!

10. Jones19 November 14, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

She looks so pretty in the pink YSL top. The Aquilano. Rimondi look is fantastic though so I pick that as my favorite.

11. Kin November 14, 2011 at 4:07 pm #

she looks normal…which is weird

12. Moxie November 14, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

The first YSL and the Aquilano are my faves.

13. Hannah November 14, 2011 at 2:29 pm #

The first YSL look reminds me so much of Fan Bing Bing. MY favourite is the Aquilano Rimondi, there’s was one of my favourite shows for that season, although I hate the glasses and the pearls.

14. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 14, 2011 at 1:57 pm #

Love the Aquilano Rimondi dress (though I too prefer it tucked in).
    I would have loved the second YSL look if the shorts fit her. Of course I completely get that everyone wants to be in clothes from the Spring 2012 collections, but there is something refreshing about seeing clothes from the Fall 2011 in Fall 2011!

15. Mario November 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

I love all of them, with my favorites being Rimondi and Moschino (I can’t believe it either), but the 2nd YSL looks a little bad in my eyes. I don’t think it’s particularly flattering on her. But those shoes are to die for. I’d buy the whole range of Spring 2012 YSL shoes just to look at them. 🙂

16. Stefani November 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

She’s done it. She’s surprised us all by dressing normally. I like it!

17. Gaber November 14, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

The second YSL.
    It’s one of those rare occasions where she doesn’t look like she’s wearing a costume – and I love her for it.

And while I am at it – let me just express my undying love for the first YSL runway picture. Not only is the outfit perfect, the model looks incredible in it.
    More black girls on the runway, please!

18. Kathy November 14, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

the FIRST outfit wins for me *-*
    she looks like a modern Barbie!

19. Emi November 14, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

YSL is my favorite, unusual for her…

20. Henrique November 14, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

I’m absolutely in love with the first YSL look and I don’t like her. Well done, Gaga

21. robbie November 14, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

the first 3 outfits are nice. mybe except for the shoes for the first 2. the last look is trashy, if she wore a nice skirt it would have looked great. but finally no tacky gimmicks or drag queen outfits.

22. MReid November 14, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

“Lady Gaga was probably tired of wearing clothes” LOL! FC, that last is barely a look. LOL! Aquilano Rimondi it is for me as well. Neither of the YSL looks appear to have been appropriately tailored. They are not flattering looks on her.

• mm November 14, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

LOL. Aquilano Rimondi for me too!

23. akyla November 14, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

She looks normal

• Rebecca Z November 14, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

Well, kinda…I like the first YSL best