Menu

November 14, 2011 Runway To Red Carpet

Gwen Stefani In Carven – 2011 MOCA Gala

The 2011 MOCA Gala on Saturday night was Gwen Stefani’s second red carpet look this weekend.

On this occasion Gwen wore a Carven Spring 2011 dress.

Once again this look has a lot going on.

Her black taffeta dress has an asymmetrical neckline, a sash across the shoulder, a ruched bustier, and a draped tulip skirt.

On paper it should totally overwhelm the wearer, but Gwen’s presence and attitude helps her pull off this look.

The singer/designer kept her top knot from her previous look, and added a black clutch and purple peep-toes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sofia Vergara In Carolina Herrera - ‘Happy Feet Two’ LA Premiere

Sofia Vergara In Carolina Herrera – ‘Happy Feet Two’ LA Premiere

Kristin Davis In Vintage Azzaro - 2011 Hollywood Style Awards

Kristin Davis In Vintage Azzaro – 2011 Hollywood Style Awards

24 Responses to Gwen Stefani In Carven – 2011 MOCA Gala

1. Alina November 15, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Not her best.

2. thebeautyphilosopher November 15, 2011 at 10:36 am #

She looks adorable.

3. D November 15, 2011 at 10:31 am #

fab!!

4. Dani November 15, 2011 at 10:15 am #

At least she fixed the hair from the previous look and got rid of the 90s style bits at the front. Love this, but probably only on her.

5. Karen November 15, 2011 at 8:06 am #

Gwen has such great personal style that she looks so chic in everything she wears. I wouldn’t wear half the things she wears because I would look silly but on her, Gwen always looks so cool. She makes it very Gwen.

6. Dhppy November 15, 2011 at 2:05 am #

Good for Stefani. She the kind of woman who wears the statement pieces that you hope some woman will have the guts to wear, you just never want it to be you.

BTW, I think everyone is getting a better reception on their screens than I am. I couldn’t tell the shoes were purple.

7. Martin November 15, 2011 at 1:31 am #

Total rip-off of Cameron Diaz’s 2009 pink Chanel Haute Couture Golden Globes dress. Shameless and more than a little embarrassing. Neither Cameron’s nor Gwen’s dress do anything for me. Both designs are messy and unfocused.

8. gurlygurl November 15, 2011 at 12:54 am #

She looks amazing, I love the fun hair and make up. This would not be a dress I’d look at twice but with her innate quirky style this works wonderfully on Gwen.. I’m not 100% sold on the shoes with this dress.

9. Jeremy November 14, 2011 at 11:32 pm #

I have never liked a single piece from Carven. Am I the only one who found them overrated??

10. Hannah November 14, 2011 at 10:59 pm #

I’m not the biggest fan, btu it could ahv ebeen worse. Also ,I think my issue is that I already had this reserved for Chloe sevingy, so I am almost disappointed that she wore it. However, her stylign is good and it accentuates the dress.
    Also, her shoes are Giuseppe, I think 🙂

11. Parvati November 14, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

Although I hate the dress – I’ll agree with those who said that it looks like a garbage bag -, I think she has the attitude to pull this off – at least, enough to make it look acceptable, instead of horrible.

12. slashdot November 14, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

Yeah, she’s got personality, but that’s like saying she could wear a sack and still have attitude. Yet this dress is indeed, literally, a sack! A dress that deforms her breasts and hips is not stylish, nor flattering. Imho, nobody could pull this off.

13. Jones19 November 14, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

No matter how ugly an outfit is on paper, somehow Gwen makes me love everything she wears. That’s the mark of a true style icon.

14. doc November 14, 2011 at 7:02 pm #

That hair ruins it. She looks like a pineapple with that mess up there. This has got to be top five in all time worst hair styles. I think it would have been a great look with a sleek top bun. But that ransacked birds nest she has up there evokes trailer trash at the prom.

15. maria November 14, 2011 at 6:40 pm #

i like it a lot. she looks very comfortable in it.

Love the purple heels (it’s my favourite colour….).

16. robbie November 14, 2011 at 6:15 pm #

the dress looks an absolute mess.

17. Mol November 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

She pulls it off but I’m not completely buying into the shoes…..

18. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 14, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

I like it and I think she can carry it.

19. Kelsey mahan November 14, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

She looks better than the model in this dress. It reminds me of a stylish garbage bag at the bottom. I wish she did a different color heel

20. Nat39 November 14, 2011 at 5:20 pm #

While she`s def. got the attitude to pull it off, I don`t think she`s got the height to pull off this super bulky skirt – it completely overwhelms her lower body, and the “out of nowhere” purple shoes feel out of place.

• dee November 14, 2011 at 6:37 pm #

21. Rebecca Z November 14, 2011 at 5:20 pm #

Totally fabulous–BDOTW contender

22. Rory November 14, 2011 at 5:08 pm #

Like Cameron Diaz’s Golden Globe’s pink Chanel dress but so much better. love.

23. AW November 14, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

She looks much better than the model and kuddos for interesting accessories.