Menu

October 19, 2011 Who Wore It Better?

Who Wore Giambattista Valli Better? Emma Stone or Lauren Santo Domingo

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Emma Stone wore a Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 ensemble to the ‘Friends With Benefits’ New York premiere.

Her red cashmere sweater and pink silk peplum skirt, which she teamed with Christian Louboutin nude pumps, a bronze clutch and Jack Vartanian jewels, won BDOTW and unintentionally upstaged the star of the movie, Mila Kunis.

Moda Operandi founder Lauren Santo Domingo wore the same look whilst hosting a party to celebrate Derek Blasberg’s ‘Very Classy’ book at the Hotel Bel-Air in LA on Monday night.

Both look gorgeous, but I prefer that Emma wore her hair up with this attention-grabbing look.

I’m also slightly put off by Lauren’s visible bra, so Emma wins for me.

You can shop Emma and Lauren’s look at Net-A-Porter.com.

Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute Red Carpet Round Up

Elle’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute Red Carpet Round Up

Stacy Keibler In Marchesa - 'The Descendants' Paris Premiere

Stacy Keibler In Marchesa – ‘The Descendants’ Paris Premiere

24 Responses to Who Wore Giambattista Valli Better? Emma Stone or Lauren Santo Domingo

1. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

This look was made for Emma.

2. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

I don’t like the bra showing on Lauren either. Emmas top looks like it fits better giving a much more streamlined look, it actually looks like a dress on her. I also like this coloring with her beautiful red hair as well as her choice of accessories and lip color. Emma looks divine – very worthy of BDOTW

3. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

+1 FC!

4. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

I dislike this look so much that I haven’t a preference here. Wearing pillows at your waist just screams ‘fashion victim’ to me.

5. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

Uh, no. It was on the runway.

6. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

It seems like Lauren copied this look straight off from Emma.

7. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

For me it’s actually a difficult one, because I love Emma’s make up that complements the outfit, but at the same time I much prefer the colour combo on Lauren as it complements her skintone. And I have a hard time liking the structured shoulders on Emma, I prefer the softer look on Lauren. Så I must give it to her.

8. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

I think they both look great, but Emma is untouchable in this for me. She’ll probably make my Best Dressed of The Year list for this ensemble. It is simply faultless. Edgy and elegant and chic and confident = perfection.

9. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

I loved this on Emma but Lauren is just blah here. Emma wins.

10. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

Haha! I’m kind of upset about the bra too because I think Lauren looks great and I love her hair color with the outfit colors. The dove grey shoes are also working for me and I think I may prefer the peep toe over the pointy-toed nude pumps that Emma has on. Sad about the bra. I disagree with all the people who think that this is not a close call.

11. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

I think the dress looks better on Lauren tbh. I wasn’t too excited about this look on Emma.

I’ll just pretend I can’t see Lauren’s bra.

12. Guest April 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

sometimes I think that people veiw fasion as putting just random colors together. I mean I love clothes but alot of these things on here I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing. Everything is to wild and weird. It’s just too out there unless you wanna be laughed ate all around the world with almost any of these styles and clothes I wouldn’t suggest wearing them.

PS: Thats just my opinion not just this one but most on this site.

Where’s the simple clothes that have colors that work together or are more relaxed

13. Janae December 30, 2011 at 3:19 am #

PS: Thats just my opinion not just this one but most on this site.

14. Liz October 20, 2011 at 12:31 am #

I’ll just pretend I can’t see Lauren’s bra.

• Jackie October 21, 2011 at 4:28 am #

15. Jones19 October 19, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

I loved this on Emma but Lauren is just blah here. Emma wins.

16. Martin October 19, 2011 at 8:40 am #

17. Pati October 19, 2011 at 7:44 am #

18. mandy October 19, 2011 at 6:47 am #

It seems like Lauren copied this look straight off from Emma.

• Vanessa February 2, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Uh, no. It was on the runway.

19. Carolina October 19, 2011 at 2:47 am #

20. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 19, 2011 at 1:32 am #

+1 FC!

21. gurlygurl October 19, 2011 at 12:34 am #

22. Henrique October 19, 2011 at 12:08 am #

This look was made for Emma.